Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JVC VHS : what is the mechanical function of the 'slider cam' ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JVC VHS : what is the mechanical function of the 'slider cam' ?

Dear reader,

I am (trying to) repair a JVC HR-D530E VHS recorder. The problem was that the tape is not ejected. Pressing 'eject' results in some whirring of the mechanism, after which the machine shuts itself down. I discovered that if I fiddle with a mechanical part on the bottom (the so-called 'slider cam'), that the problem temporarily goes away. In the attached photo, it concerns that part within the red 'ellips'.

I noted that the 'slider cam' actually consists of two pieces that can slide a bit over each other (denoted with '1' and '2' in the photo). When sliding part 1) wrt part 2), I noted that it snapped into a (temporary) position, I think it has to do something with the construct denoted with '3' in the photo. But I have no idea if this snapping is the way it is intended, nor the 'why' of these two sliders being able to slide over each other.

I am hoping that someone with more experience than me can provide me with an answer :-)

Happy new year !
    Roland.

not sure if you have seen daves youtube channel i have learnt a lot in regards too vcr repair from watching his repairs 12voltvids - YouTube

Comment

No need to start 3 separate threads about the same machine.

Comment

clean and then lubricate it

Comment

Working...
        X