Samsung QN90A - green blotches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung QN90A - green blotches

Thanks for any ideas on what can cause this. I thought TCON but images I've seen searching for green tint seem a bit different...the green is not solid on mine.

It SEEMS like sometimes it's better or worse; the attached pics I am not sure if it was just the angle where it doesn't look as bad as the first.

During watching, depending on the scenes the problem is barely noticeable.

I've done the basics like try other sources/cable and factory reset.

Thanks!

Attached Files
    Last edited by nonsub; 12-28-2023, 12:41 PM.

make on yours paint Program jpeg photos , white color with pixel 3840 x 2160 and also others like r black -R-G-B , save them on USB stick and then play them direct on the SET... let see if there no issue or remain
    Last edited by Diah; 12-28-2023, 01:38 PM.

Comment

here you go calibration photos so yours Sami AI learn color and didn't make stupid as it like..
      extract and copy them on root USB stick play them as slide for several minutes
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you post the entire model name? Is it an Oled? Are you able to do measurements with decent multimeter? Can you post front / back photo of power supply?

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
          Can you post the entire model name? Is it an Oled? Are you able to do measurements with decent multimeter? Can you post front / back photo of power supply?
          Thanks for replying. QN75QN90A. QLED not OLED. I see why you ask though, I wish that was the problem! Let me try DIAH's suggestions.
          Last edited by nonsub; 12-28-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            here you go calibration photos so yours Sami AI learn color and didn't make stupid as it like..
            extract and copy them on root USB stick play them as slide for several minutes
            Thanks!

Should "Intelligent Mode" be enabled or off? I think ON because you want it to re-learn right?

So far I have these.

Comment

No change. Do those solid colors look normal with the sides appearing more solid? Seems weird to me. Thx.

Comment

you meed to try the hard reset from service menu.... not from user menu which i think you did before.. .... there are some things wrong with Quantum dots engine

Comment

you meed to try the hard reset from service menu.... not from user menu which i think you did before.. .... there are some things wrong with Quantum dots engine
                  Factory Reset and SVC reset done (don't know what's the difference.) Same result

What next captain?

Comment

hard reset from service menu are more effective than user menu as it will clean all Temp and recall the Factory parameter on SPI/ Flash
                    if you did the factory reset from service menu,,, you have there ( SM ) option of white balance... don't change any value... but just call the test pattern to see if there any change.... if no change you need to show here Power boards and Mainboards .. it will be time for HW level. if you hated then live with it who knows could get away or be more in future
                    Last edited by Diah; 12-29-2023, 02:43 AM.

Comment

one things mere to add... i don't know which size class yours TV but its look huge one. however the green effect which it show on first post and then the solid color test on the right side,, bring to my mind issue i do have faced before... when huge TV installed on wall,,, during the room temperature and the BL temperature there will expand at the chassis... since it it just hold the chassis at the middle it could be this expand make the effect of the green at the middle and the solid at the right side like curved TV.. take it out from wall and let it sitting on the back and exam the screen if there any curved happened.. .. this is much likely
                      Last edited by Diah; 12-29-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

one things mere to add... i don't know which size class yours TV but its look huge one. however the green effect which it show on first post and then the solid color test on the right side,, bring to my mind issue i do have faced before... when huge TV installed on wall,,, during the room temperature and the BL temperature there will expand at the chassis... since it it just hold the chassis at the middle it could be this expand make the effect of the green at the middle and the solid at the right side like curved TV.. take it out from wall and let it sitting on the back and exam the screen if there any curved happened.. .. this is much likely

75". I think I will probably wait a bit and see because it is not fun to take down. If I do... let me understand... when you say put on it's back do you mean the display facing the ceiling? Sine the back is not flat I think this is a bad idea? Maybe you just mean upright on the stand? Before this I am going to try some wood beams from the floor to bottom of the TV to push up a little and maybe relieve stress on frame and see if any difference. Do you think the middle area being not solid means the middle is pushed in or more likely it is pulled out?

Thanks

Comment

you can ask someone to push a bit the sides together towards the wall..

Comment

Working...
                          X