FINLUX TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINLUX TV

My daughter's Finlux tv is stuck in standby, Red light blinking and goes off when power button is pressed.
    The required Voltage seems to be present to run the main board and it would seem its a firmware issue?
    I've looked all over to get the exact firmware with no avail, hoping some one here might some thing?

PSU - VESTEL 171PS62

29F4G08ABAEA U80 NAND

Main board - 17MB110P

Panel - VES315UNDb-2D-N11
    Attached Files

Red light blinking and goes off when power button is pressed.

This is what it should be. check backlights.
    https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

I still believe the main board is at fault here because PWR_ON should give power at the led connector?

I haven't seen leds like these before, some plastic lens caps fallen off,, real cheap set up!
      Attached Files

Comment

Check blon voltage not pwron.
        https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

• rigeback
          rigeback commented
          Editing a comment
          BKL_ON/OFF has 12V on PSU + TP65 main board
          Might be U2 on PSU not switching?

The standby led should only blink when the main board is initialising and will go off once the main board has initialised and is ready to watch the screen. Though on some models it will flash briefly when power has been applied and will return to a steady standby led. Then when remote operated it will flash until it is ready to watch then it will go off. If the standby led flashes constantly without standby button operated from the remote or button then it will normally be firmware issue. The chance of getting correct firmware for Finlux is unlikely sorry to say!

Comment

• rigeback
          rigeback commented
          Editing a comment
          Using a flash light I can see that the TV is booting and the wifi connect message is present.
          Thing is the remote was lost and they were using a smart phone for the tv and I am trying to get to that setup menu to see if a reset will work.
          As you said it could be the LEDs although reading some posts also suggests an update can go wrong!

Checking the power board again I found D10 or D6 has 94V on the cathode and 30 on the Anode when the TV is on, in Standby 30V both ends.
        Not sure this is normal?
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not sue where my comment came from your reply came from my above post. It should have been a response to your first post 'My daughter's Finlux tv is stuck in standby, Red light blinking and goes off when power button is pressed.
          The required Voltage seems to be present to run the main board and it would seem its a firmware issue?
          I've looked all over to get the exact firmware with no avail, hoping some one here might some thing?'
          my response was:
          'The standby led should only blink when the main board is initialising and will go off once the main board has initialised and is ready to watch the screen. Though on some models it will flash briefly when power has been applied and will return to a steady standby led. Then when remote operated it will flash until it is ready to watch then it will go off. If the standby led flashes constantly without standby button operated from the remote or button then it will normally be firmware issue. The chance of getting correct firmware for Finlux is unlikely sorry to say!'
          A question for you have you tested the leds that illuminate the TV screen? As this would be my first thing to do before anything. These leds fail regularly on these Vestel manufactured TV's.
          Please state precisely whether your standby led is constantly flashing after applying power to the TV after 3minutes without any buttons pressed on your remote control or the side control buttons on your TV? If they are then likely to be a firmware issue on your main board. Don't press any buttons on remote or the side buttons once power is switched onto the TV from the mains switch.

Comment

• rigeback
            rigeback commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry for misplaced answer! This sire has changed some of the features of replying.
            Anyway the TV was what you mentioned in your comment - ' on some models it will flash briefly when power has been applied and will return to a steady standby led - On this model it does this until press ON with remote, the blink a few time and go off and you can see the picture with external light.
            After about 15 minutes it goes back into standby.

As I mentioned I am re checking the PSU with the main board connected but removed from the TV chassis to determine is the back lights are receiving power or not.
            U2 has 12V at COM and 0V to the back lights PINS 8, 8 ,9 and 10 with and without the back lights connected. U2 could be shorted! OVP is also dead
            U4 will removed as it could be shorted, something my meter did not pick up cold testing.
            D6 will also be removed and C54

This post is closed as a crack was found in the LCD panel .

Thanks to for the support!

Comment

Working...
          X