Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba LCD 22BL502B Solid Green Led No Picture

It's a little different unfortunately.

Most LED drivers in LED TVs work by using multiple parallel strips driven from a high voltage for example 30V.

This means there may be 4 strips (CH1-4) and the anode is tied to the fixed voltage, cathode goes to a constant current sink circuit which drops a small voltage to keep the current through each strip the same. You can't tie them in parallel because they are slightly mis-matched: one will take all the current leaving none for the others.

I don't know of any commercial drivers that are able to replicate that crucial last part, BUT, you could probably use a resistor in place if you knew the approximate power usage.

For example say the LED strip operates at 27VDC @ 350mA (approx 8 LEDs per CH.) If you run it at 30V, you need a resistor rated at (30-27)/0.35 = 8.5 ohms (nearest: 8.2 ohms, 10 ohms). Such a resistor will dissipate a power of around 1 watt. Choose 2 watt for safety and longevity.

There are a lot of "if", "ands" and "buts" about this, but it would work, if you were prepared to tweak the operation carefully. I would start at around 20~100mA, and increase until acceptable screen brightness is observed.
    Last edited by tom66; 11-13-2013, 02:48 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks.

I understand what you're saying however there is another item here, which is apparently a direct replacement for the screen in question, although I haven't managed to see any part such as this on the assembly. Anyway it has 5 pairs of GND/VCC connections, which I'm assuming are in parallel ? Unless the circuit is performing the current adjustment you speak of.

Thanks.

Comment

Link !

http://www.iccfl.com/product_info.php?products_id=16181

Comment

Those appear to be the inputs, and it takes 24V input.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I think those are the outputs. The other connector is a 6-pin which the screen currently has for a backlight connector. Would you need 5 parallel 24v inputs and separate GNDs ?

I did notice the 24v but I thought might auto-adjust or assumed it was for 24v. I think you mentioned at the start this model operated on 12v/24v.

Thanks.

Comment

The glass forming part of the actual LCD display. How important is that ? Minor crack. Is this just to protect internals or does the glass actually play a part in image generation. Something about substrate with electrodes.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X