X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba tv turns off after a few mins .

Hello
    I have a Toshiba 32XV550PG

The TV turns on ,both sound and picture are ok, but after a few minutes the screen goes blank.

I had removed the back cover in the past checking for any blown - or not properly looking - part but didnt saw anything.

What is really impressing ,is that TV was able to function for more than 15mins ,then again gone blank.
    Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba tv turns off after a few mins .

Originally posted by sonicapogee View Post
    Hello
    I have a Toshiba 32XV550PG

The TV turns on ,both sound and picture are ok, but after a few minutes the screen goes blank.

I had removed the back cover in the past checking for any blown - or not properly looking - part but didnt saw anything.

What is really impressing ,is that TV was able to function for more than 15mins ,then again gone blank.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    update :was testing it again as i typed this ,tv stayed on for like 10 mins ,then gone blank.turned it off using remote control ,tried to turn it on again ,it showed pic for like 5 seconds ,then blank screen again.

Comment

This may be a thermistor shutting off the tv.
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

32 GB G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3200C16D-32GVR

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
        This may be a thermistor shutting off the tv.
        Hello ,

and thanks for your answer

I was checking to see some pics of thermistors to help me identify them in my tv.Where would be most likely a thermistor be placed ? PSU pcb?
        any ideas how to identify it ?

kind regards

Comment

I doubt a thermistor would cause this issue. I know some Sharp TVs have temperature sensors but no Toshiba I have heard of does.

In a dark room, when the set turns off, does the screen stay lit slightly (backlight) or go dark?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi ,thats a late answer but i was really busy.....

the set is completely turned off.that is ,in a dark room ,the set is turn off andit's not in the state of having no signal input ie if HDMI Source beeing selected.

I have definately had a noise like solmething is burned from the tv ,and after that this problem started.

Comment

could be a thermal issue,could be the main board ps-on signal dropping off

have you checked ps-on signal 3.5-5v ,does it stay on when tv goes off?

have you tried heat and freeze?,on components to see if the time changes when the tv shuts down?

what voltage are you running on?(country)??,if 240v do you see 380 ish volts on the filter cap,when it shuts down?

any parts getting hot?,i.e MOSFETS etc,

have you checked for cold solder joints around the psu?flexing the psu with power on witha non conductive tool,in a dark room will cause a little spark if there is a cold joint,especially on the higher voltage end of the psu.

id have a run through this list and report some results back
              Last edited by multimeter; 01-10-2014, 04:01 AM. Reason: missed something out
              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
              please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Re flow gpu chip

Comment

how can i reflow the gpu chip ?

Comment

Working...
                  X