• Show
Clear All

Re: Problem with Samsung ps43d490 PDP

Which boards have you already replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Taterbug View Post
      Which boards have you already replaced?
      I had replaced X-sus 3 times and Y-sus once and Y-buffer as u suggested. it turns out that all the X-sus boards received from ebay were all DOA's I got a working X-sus board and the Tv is working. now the problem is when I try to upgrade the Firmware it's telling me it can;t find a valid image file. and I got the file from samsungs site and follwed it's instructions to a t. it see's the usb thumb drive so I know that's working. Does anyone here have a pn43d490 they have updated that can tell me what there FW virsion says or take a photo of it even. I'm wondering if it's because the Firmware was updated prior to z-sus failing especially being that the z-sus didn;t fail in the standard spots or my rebuild should have been fine.

Comment

Make sure your USB drive uses FAT format.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have similar problems with a ps43d450a2wxxu. There is sound and some times the screen comes on for a bit then goes off, other times it won't come on.

If I have all boards plugged in, y&x buzz (x more) and va is 58 and vs is 208. The green light in the logic board flashes every second. If I unplug x main, it comes on for 5 seconds and off for 2, and the boards stop buzzing. Also, with either x, y or both unplugged from the psu, the voltage drops from 58 and 208 down to zero over a few seconds.

I cannot see any bulging caps but that doesn't always mean they are fine.

Comment

Sounds possibly like a main board issue... So occasionally, the TV -does- work?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, I turn it on and the screen comes on. It lest you watch for a bit then goes off and doesn't come back on for a while. It's worse on he channels. Sometimes only lasts for a few minutes. I had similar on my other lg and replaced the capacitors on the main board and it's been fine since (those weren't domed) but this one doesn't have any on its main board...

Comment

Just watched about 5 mins of a hd film on hdmi then screen went black but sound still there. Turned tv off and on again, sound comes back but screen doesn't. Are there any caps that could affect this before I replace the board?

Comment

When the screen goes black, does the minimum luminescence (low "black glow") continue to be visible, or does that go too?

Comment

I have just tried to turn it on and the screen won't come on at all now. When I give power from the wall, the standby light is on. When I press the power light on the remote, the red light flashes on and off every second but the screen stays off, no luminance / glow at all from the tv?

Comment

OK, time to take the cover off your TV and get some nice clear pictures of the boards in your set.

I ask for the boards in your set because Samsung changed the design of this TV mid way through production so your TV could have one set of boards or another.

Comment

I watched a video on YouTube about this model shutting down, for him it ended up being bad solder joints on the 42dh ym so I took it off, re soldered most of the joints, put it back in ant it is working at the minute. I refined the voltages using the pots, now I'm just waiting to see if it goes off, while having a go on the ps3 hope the picture uploads properly

The heatsinks on the transistors get red hot though, don't know if that normal
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by guy_hall; 09-05-2014, 02:46 PM. Reason: Photos

Comment

Just for info, before I just did this, voltages were round 207 and 58 on standby, as soon at I took it out of standby, the voltages dropped slowly and the screen didn't come on. I have also updated the firmware now the screen is working a bit In case there was an issue there

Comment

Could you link us to this video...?

Comment

http://youtu.be/PC1Fo1Huipg

Comment

Useful video, thanks. Hope it works for you. Never heard of this problem before.

Comment

It seems to have worked, I have given it about 5 hrs of testing and had no issues compared to 10mins max before but time will tell. It's certainly done something and hopefully it helps someone else too.

Comment

Hi all
                                    Hoping someone can help. Have been messing around with this telly and replaced most parts
                                    Clicking 5 times then nothing. Lastly replaced the x board and now thats stopped the clicking but only have half the picture...The right side as you look at it...Any ideas
                                    Cheers
                                    Sabenhaz

Comment

Could you share a picture of the exact fault?

Comment

Ok scratch that last message. Silly me left the connector between the bottom two buffers disconnected
                                        Anyway now I have a fine black line going from left to right all the way across the screen. About two thirds the way down...Any suggestions?
                                        Cheers
                                        Sab

Comment

Did you plug that cable in while the set was running or shortly afterwards...
                                          You probably just fried the plasma panel if so. (Sorry!)

Comment

Working...
                                          X