LG Plasma 50PK540-UE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG Plasma 50PK540-UE

Screen is Red and Black. You can see the source playing behind the red and black. Sound works. Picture attached.
    Attached Files

Re: LG Plasma 50PK540-UE

Looks like a Y-sustain failure or Y-buffer failure to me. I'd try checking Vsc and -Vy voltages on Y-sus to see if they're good.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Could you instruct me on the proper way to check those voltages?
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

You need a digital voltmeter.

Set the meter on volts DC, if manually ranging 600 or 1000V DC.

Measure the voltages and note them down.

On the back of the plasma display panel, inside the unit, is a sticker marked LG Electronics, country of origin (China, Korea, Mexico, Hungary) and "PDP50R1" for this model. You want to look at the voltages on this sticker. Typical order is N/A / -Vy / Vsc / N/A / Vzb.

They should match within approx 2V.
        Last edited by tom66; 09-18-2013, 10:45 AM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

The voltages going to the Ysus are spot on with label.

Comment

OK, do you see Vzb on Z-sus? Test that, too.

Comment

Readings
              Va : 59.6v
              vs : 201.9v

Ysus
              Vy : by the + marking 95.4v
              Vy : by the - marking 93.3v

VSC : by the + marking 2.2v
              VSC : by the - marking 95.4v

Zsus
              VZB 114v

picture is attached to show the "+" and "-" markings I'm referring to.
              Attached Files

Comment

You should measure across the + and - not go to the chassis.

Comment

Ysus
                  Vy: -188.5v
                  VSC: 150.2v

Zsus
                  VZB: 113.9v

Comment

If those match the sticker, they look fine.
                    If you turn the Vset_up and Vset_dn controls, do you see any improvement in the image?

Comment

Adjusting the set_up & set_dn both affect the color/darkness of the picture, but neither help the clarity.

picture attached.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It is very hard to tell. I think it may be a Y-buffer or Y-sustain problem but I do not know. The only way to be sure is test the Y-sustain output using an oscilloscope.

Comment

Thanks tom66! I replaced the Ysus and the tv works beautiful.

Comment

Glad to hear!

Comment

Working...
                            X