samsung ps42q96hd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: samsung ps42q96hd

OK, closer pic of this highlighted section please.
    Attached Files
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom did you get my last picture

Comment

here you go
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, see the fuse? Can you check the voltage you get on both ends please?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom , does the tv need to be on ,, and what do i set the multimeter at

Comment

Yes, TV should be on, use the same multimeter settings as before to test Va.

Comment

it reads 637

Comment

63.7V, both sides of fuse, red on each end, black on ground/chassis of TV?
                  Assuming you did the control board jumper correctly, the fault must therefore be on the control board.
                  Please show me how you set up the jumper & LVDS unplugged so I can confirm.

Comment

yes it was 63.7v eash side ,i use a clip off the end of wire to attach to a speaker and placed it on the top 2 prongs,unpluged the cable that goes to the av board , then plugged the tv in ,then switched it on , came on with nothing on the screen ,,
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pauluk00; 08-14-2013, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Was the screen still glowing slightly after you did this?

If so, the control board is most likely the fault.

Comment

yes screen was still glowing ,, does that mean a new control board?

Comment

Yep.

Comment

thanks for your help tom ,, i,m very thankful for your time

Comment

Hey guys I have exactly the same TV however the fault with mine is I have no VS voltage present which should be 205 VDC, I'm lost as to whether its a power supply fault or AV board fault

Is there a test I can do to narrow down the fault

any advice or help much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by jollyranchers View Post
                                Hey guys I have exactly the same TV however the fault with mine is I have no VS voltage present which should be 205 VDC, I'm lost as to whether its a power supply fault or AV board fault

Is there a test I can do to narrow down the fault

any advice or help much appreciated
                                Need to start a New Thread--This is a different set with a different fault from the O/P.

BTW--Unplug the PSU to Y-Main thick cables and re-check Vs and Va at the PSU.
                                --These absent--prob duff PSU

IF they come up within a couple of seconds of switch-on then decay, could be something else causing a protection shut-down.
                                Last edited by Alastair E; 01-13-2014, 04:32 PM.
                                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                                X