Samsung PN51D530A3FXZA Plasma Blank Screen W/Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PN51D530A3FXZA Plasma Blank Screen W/Sound

Yep, this sounds like what I mentioned above. Your mains are most likely killing each other when you replace them one at a time, and you need to break the infinite loop. When your new boards arrive, I'd do some checks with the boards out of the TV before installing them, then I'd install EVERYTHING AT ONCE and turn on the TV. It should work fine.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Good point. I have learned a valuable lesson with tv's. Other electronics are simple!

Comment

These thin Samsungs are a pain, which is why I always tell people to test quickly and "get out", as you could end up blowing something else. I like to remove the boards from the TV and test that way to be safe. Usually a few failed transistors can easily be identified, then you just replace the whole board. Component-level repair is not a good idea on these thin Samsungs.

Comment

What confuses me, is why they would not put fuses into the y-main like I've seen on the older plasma/lcd's. It seems they have tried to cut costs on many different levels. My current plasma is only 1.5 years old and was very well taken care of. I've never done a tv repair before and the headache is definitely worth it to my bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by metaljo2003 View Post
            What confuses me, is why they would not put fuses into the y-main like I've seen on the older plasma/lcd's. It seems they have tried to cut costs on many different levels. My current plasma is only 1.5 years old and was very well taken care of. I've never done a tv repair before and the headache is definitely worth it to my bank account.
            Yeah, it was puzzling to me that these boards aren't better protected from each other. It's definitely fun and satisfying to see these work after they've been repaired. I wanted a plasma badly a long time ago, but I could never bring myself to spend several thousand dollars on one. That's when I got hooked on repairing TVs. The most I've ever spent on a flat TV is $200, and the repair was only $5

Comment

I bought a used y main x main and y buffer off of ebay. Hopefully, this fixes the issue. I will post when they arrive on monday.

Hi,

You still may need,a logic board also.

Alan.

Comment

Would the logic board cause a component to fail? or can I try the X & y main and y buffer before I buy another logic board?

Comment

Logic boards rarely cause boards to immediately fail, but on these models there is a bug in the firmware which can lead to rapid failure of the X-main (in a few months time.) Therefore, updating the firmware is essential after replacing the X-main.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok.. the latest issue. so i was sent the wrong y main and had to do a simple repair to the one i have. I did get another x main, as well. Now the tv will power on, show some static briefly, and then just have a blank screen. All voltages test correct when the ribbon cable from the logic board to the y main is disconnected. With it connected, the voltage is low. So now the tv should not have a fault from x or y. Would the logic board cause this sort of issue?

Comment

Did you try this test?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26790

Comment

Yes. I actually tried the Samsung version. I still get the same readings with the voltage and video. No clicking.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjrwTZC5nVg

Comment

It sounds like it's time to replace the logic board.

Comment

I have another on order. When I replace it, I'm hoping the TV will be 100%. I will respond when it's replaced and hoping for some good news.

Comment

After swapping out the logic board, I am back to where i was before the swap. The voltage drops when the connector is attached to the y-main. Should i disconnect this, then the x-main makes a high pitched sound and heats up. I am not detecting any heat generated on the y-main. Again, the tv is not clicking at any point. Stumped again...

Comment

metaljoe2003 - Did you ever find a solution to your problem with your PN51D530A3FXZA?

Comment

After swapping out the logic board, I am back to where i was before the swap. The voltage drops when the connector is attached to the y-main. Should i disconnect this, then the x-main makes a high pitched sound and heats up. I am not detecting any heat generated on the y-main. Again, the tv is not clicking at any point. Stumped again...
                                  Did you ever find a solution? My samsung is behaving exactly the same way. If I disconnect the white ribbon on the Y sus board, The power supply will fire up to 207 volts. I have replaced the Ybuffer and Ysus three times. It will behave the same way even if I disconnect the X sus and Buffer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jimfixit View Post
                                    Did you ever find a solution? My samsung is behaving exactly the same way. If I disconnect the white ribbon on the Y sus board, The power supply will fire up to 207 volts. I have replaced the Ybuffer and Ysus three times. It will behave the same way even if I disconnect the X sus and Buffer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
                                    I wonder if the replacement Y-mains are repeatedly being killed by a bad X-main. I'd try pulling the X-main and Y-main and performing some component checks with a meter.

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                                      I wonder if the replacement Y-mains are repeatedly being killed by a bad X-main. I'd try pulling the X-main and Y-main and performing some component checks with a meter.
                                      I've pulled the x and y sus boards and find no shorts or component shorts. Caps all test within specs. I've retested the Y buffer and found some shorts. Don't know if they were there before or not. Can't convince myself that is the cause as the plasma will react the same way even if I have the y buffer disconnected.

Comment

These TVs will detect a missing buffer and shut down if it is not connected or if it is shorted, unfortunately.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Found the problem. In the left lower corner, I found a small crack about 3mm long in the glass. Turned out the screen was bad. Next time a better inspection is in order! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X