Samsung HP-S5033

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HP-S5033

Would like to give more life to this 50" plasma that's done me well for quite a while. Will fire up but no picture, no sound. Tested all fuses, good, tried disconnecting both x/y mains, no change. Replaced power which I had, no change. Thought I had checked all the boards pretty well until I found this today (pic attached) on the Y-main. How to confirm this is the issue or other suggestions? Don't really want to order an $80 board for nothing. Thanks ahead of time for your help & time.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung HP-S5033

Can you turn the TV on and off using the remote or the TV's keyboard? Are there any flashing LEDs, standby light, etc?
    Last edited by capkid; 07-28-2013, 05:16 PM.
    LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Yes, yes and yes.

Comment

Ok. The fact that you don't have a picture OR sound seems to point to more than just the Y-main being the issue, if in fact the Y-main is faulty. I'm not certain of the similarities between the HP-S5053 and HP-S5033, but it looks like at least their sustains are the same:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-lj9...main-board.htm
        http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...&Search=Submit

I'd start by checking output voltages from the PSU. If the voltages are not normal at a particular connector with the load component connected (e.g. Y-main), I'd disconnect that component and see if the voltages come up to normal.
        Last edited by capkid; 07-28-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the links. Will check that today once I'm home from my real job. Also, being a noob I'm assuming "sound" refers to from an external device. The tv does make it's normal startup noises but I'm unable to get sound through it with inputted a/v.

Comment

Sorry, been busy getting married.

Finally got to sit back down with this...
            Checked voltage outputs with everything unplugged. All good.
            Plugged everything back in (I thought) & same issue. Then realized the Y-main was still unplugged. Hooked that back up and started getting bad noises and voltage drops. Time to double check the caps on that I guess?

Comment

This might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5mYKAgMoB4

Comment

I have a Samsung HP-S5033 that has served me well. It's starting to show green tinges on the edges of everything. When it's been on for any length of time, the image starts to jump and flicker. Can you help me save it?

Comment

Working...
                X