Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

I have panasonic p55st30 plasma 7 blinks of death, I sent out all three boards, SC, SD, SU out to be refurbished, got all parts back, put them back in and tv came on but had black lines. I understand plugged and tried reseating ribbons what seemed to be a hundred times. I unplugged set each time I adjusted ribbons. Now I have 7 blinks again. Could it just be the ribbons or are boards shot again?

Comment

Re: 55 inch Plasma Viera (VIERA TC-P55GT30) not turning on. 7 blinking red lights.

You either have damaged the boards somehow or a connector is not seated correctly. For example P11 connector.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I have a 55GT30 that has the 7 blink problem. I have removed the TNPA5335 SC board.
        Can I power up the set and verify that the problem is isolated to the SC board by observing if the power LED blinks, or do I need to reinsert the board?

If I can test the SU/SD board with the SC board removed, do I only nee dto jumper SC50, then power the TV up?

Comment

If you test across the pins going to the power board, you must hold your meter on the pins for at least 15 seconds. You might hear a beep, then it might go away. If you reverse the leads, it will beep again and maybe go away.
          I had 2 of these SC boards, one in a 50 and 55 inch model. There were shorted parts on one that the pin test did not show.
          You must check all of the igbt and diodes that are surface mounted. Most of the time the diodes are fine, the 30f131s go bad and cause the diodes to read bad.
          I guess I'm saying, just check EVERYTHING.

Comment

I think I need a little help with knowing if these parts are bad. I have a multimeter, but I'' not sure what I should be testing (which legs) and what a good or bad measurement would be.
            Also, can I test the SU and SD boards with the SC board completely removed from the set? If so, what should in be doing. I am not a EE, so I'd appreciate a more step by step help.

Finally, with the SC board removed I have tested some of the 3013F1 chips and some measure around 46kohm and others no where near that. I did this without in soldering anything. Is that ok to do?

I would appreciate any step by step help on this.

Comment

Hi Logan ,

Check out the post i did on a other thread. Think it was a 65GT60. I explained there how to measure the parts with pictures attached.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...828#post688828
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Moreno83,

Thank you!

Can I test the SU/SD board without the SC board being out of the TV?

Comment

Take the buffer boards out of the tv and measure them as in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY

Comment

I have. TC-P55GT30 that I purchased in 2011. Two years later the SC board and the power supply died. (7 blink code) I had the SC board serviced by a Panasonic authorized service I found on eBay for $85 and purchased a used power supply on eBay as well for $50. Then in 2014 the SC board died again. I sent it to another person on eBay who was also Panasonic certified and it was repaired a second time. Now last week I am getting the 7 LED blinks indicating that the SC board is again bad. I called Panasonic since I have known this is an ongoing issue for a while now. I wanted to see if they could assist since I have had this happen now three times on a 5 year old Plasma TV. At first they gave me the normal "you are out of warranty" line. I pressed on and explained that I can point you to countless reports online of this issue and also provide proof that I have had this exact issue repaired twice now and I will have to do it again if I want to revive this set. This time I was asked if I could provide my original purchase receipt. I do have it since I bought it on Amazon. I sent it on over and was told that I will hear back in 2 business days. That will be this Monday. I'm not holding my breath that they will do ANYTHING AT ALL. Since Panasonic does not even have much of a presence in the US anymore. I think you can buy TV's online only from what I can see and they only have two models.

I'll report back what I find out.

Has anyone here had any luck with Panasonic making good on this obvious defect?

Comment

I received a repair kit for the TNPA5335BA board and while I don't have the skills I have a buddy who does. The kit (https://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-...tc-p55gt30.htm) I ordered from shopjimmy and all the parts were installed. However Q621-623 are the original 30F131 on the SC.

After the repair I am still getting 7 blinks.

I have pulled the 3 boards out and when I ohm out the replacement FGB20N60SFD on Q401-Q403 (measuring the outer legs) I get about 47 ohms. I also get the same on Q421-Q423, also the Fairchild replacements.

This is what I get on:
                      Q621--- 25.8 ohms (original 30F131)
                      Q622 --- 6.6 ohms (original 30F131)
                      Q623 --- 25.6 ohms (original 30F131)

Does this seem correct, or suspect?

I did have a couple bad IC's on the SU board, which I have run a continuity test across SU1 and SU2 since two IC's were replaced and I no longer get shorts like I had before.

Since I am still getting SOS7 I suspect the SC board. Maybe it is simply Q621-Q623? Do the above measurements seem to indicate Q621-Q623 are bad?

Also, I get 40 ohms on Q661, if that means anything...
                      Last edited by Logan_c; 12-05-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

I have repaired two of this type of set with 7 blink code. First, every screw on every board was less than hand tight. Second, SU and SD boards caused SC board failure. Removed all boards, cleaned black residue off all grounding/mounting surfaces on chassis and boards with q-tips and alcohol. Remounted all boards, tightened all screws by hand. Replaced SU/SD and SC boards. had to reseat all cables several times on SU and SD boards on both sets. Time consuming, but the result was worth it.

Comment

Hi,

was nice to read this thread and how helpful the community is.
                          At some point an oscilloscope was mentioned for troubleshooting.

Can you tell me what the requirements for the oscilloscope are?
                          Is 100 khz enough?

Also what are other typical tools that are needed for this kind of work?

I have a DMM, that can measure some stuff, but not all.

Comment

Hi all,

I have a P50ST30A, died up here in Broome. There aren't any electronics experts for a 1000km.

Had 7 blinks, was advised by TV repair store in Melbourne it was probably SC board. Paid (a large amount) for a refurbished SC board (had to post mine in too), plugged it in, still 7 blinks. I will try diagnosing the SU and SD boards as suggested above and look into purchasing a multi-metre to do further testing if necessary.

The board that came out of mine was a TXNSC11GGKB50 whereas the part I received is a TXNSC11GGK50. The store rep never distinguished between the two and advertised the part as being a replacement for a P50ST30A.

Are these two parts cross-compatible?

Thanks in advance!
                            Last edited by zace; 04-21-2017, 12:53 AM. Reason: Model number correction

Comment

Originally posted by zace View Post
                              Hi all,

I have a P50ST30A, died up here in Broome. There aren't any electronics experts for a 1000km.

Had 7 blinks, was advised by TV repair store in Melbourne it was probably SC board. Paid (a large amount) for a refurbished SC board (had to post mine in too), plugged it in, still 7 blinks. I will try diagnosing the SU and SD boards as suggested above and look into purchasing a multi-metre to do further testing if necessary.

The board that came out of mine was a TXNSC11GGKB50 whereas the part I received is a TXNSC11GGK50. The store rep never distinguished between the two and advertised the part as being a replacement for a P50ST30A.

Are these two parts cross-compatible?

Both boards are interchangeable. I believe the TXNSC11GGKB50 is the update. Changes are subtle though

Thanks in advance!
                              Bummer, If only you found salvation here first. I / we could have given you a shed load of info.

You can send me a PM if you wish.

Firstly, when you say it's 7 blinking still. Definitely 7 not 8?

Rather than chase the buffers yet, a better idea which is easy to do is the SD / SU isolation test. that should once and for all prove whether the SC you got is the issue still with the 7 blinks.

Is the board you got back is it clearly a rebuilt board or brand new?

some hi res shots of it in particular transistors Q421-423 & Q401-403

Statewide had these too for sale and I've refurbed plenty myself.

Don't wait too long to get back, I' 2 hours ahead
                              Last edited by tw2005; 04-21-2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the reply tw2005, sorry for the lateness of mine. I had my TV at work so I've brought it home. Picked up a multimeter on the way home.

It's most definitely a refurb. I've got a pic or two of my old one but may be hard to distinguish individual caps. I'll take some of this one and post them up soon.

Comment

Thanks for the reply tw2005, sorry for the lateness of mine. I had my TV at work so I've brought it home. Picked up a multimeter on the way home.

It's most definitely a refurb. I've got a pic or two of my old one but may be hard to distinguish individual caps. I'll take some of this one and post them up soon.
                                    Typical repair would only be those 6 transistors although replacing driver ICs and maybe gate resistors is good practice. Myself most have been straight forward just 2 obscure ones that had me in a spin

Comment

http://m.imgur.com/a/Vilvc
                                      Sorry for poor res.

Comment

http://m.imgur.com/a/Vilvc
                                        Sorry for poor res.
                                        Bit of an understatement. Not a great start.

You can always go advance, manage attachments and upload as well but I can't read diddly with that.

The finished product speaks for itself........crap.

Definitely a repair shop, qualified techs? or Some mail order home jib?

I'm not perfect but the blobs and not even cleaning up the flux.

Here's one I have in the cupboard,, you'll notice something very different apart from the workmanship.

Notice I can take average images too.

Attached Files

Comment

Anyway, I need confirmation you have it all hooked up right and it's definitely 7 blinks not 8 on power up

Comment

Working...
                                          X