Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 32md359b/f7 White Screen and with sound only

Originally posted by YEROC37 View Post
    We have no sunlight here, you must be on west coast, let me know if this is ok
    I'm in a little place called the UK, I think we had a disagreement sometime around 1776 about independence or something.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I was just working on that, just noticed only one is sizing

Comment

testing this one
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow much better I think

Comment

Looks good. I am heading off to bed soon. I will have a look at this in the morning when I get a chance.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

tom I believe these shall work sir
              Attached Files

Comment

OK couldn't resist - got to sleep soon though! Which end of the the board plugs into the LCD panel (it will go up into the metal frame, possibly onto another board) and which end into the yellow/orange boards?

Comment

the last pic shows the flat flex, that is it

Comment

All three go to the LCD?

Comment

CN3902, it sits at base/bottom

Comment

No, it's the single flex in the pic...its on the right hand side

Comment

Odd arrangment; the other two go to the yellow boards? I'm trying to figure that out, have the bent the cables over for one set?

Comment

No the three go to the power supply board and the flex flat cable that is off to right side by itself goes to the LCD

Comment

Oh OK. That cable is just smaller than I expected for the kind of data but this TV is designed in a unique way.

Comment

There are two flex cables going to that LCD ...One from Inverter board and the one which is shown on the system board in the pic above

Comment

Is the board on the LCD just a long thin strip? I am hoping it might have a fuse, but I don't think it will.

Comment

Yes it is

Comment

I see no sign of a fuse on board,

Comment

Hmm, you are getting sound, so most of that SupraHD chip is working. I think the only possibility is something on the LCD isn't working right. But they included no fuses... There are some drive voltages, -6.8V, +16V and +22V. These are available on CN1001, which goes to the inverter.

-6.8V is at C202 - a little beige/brown disc probably.
                                        +16V is at C201 - similar
                                        VGH is pin 10 (22V) or possibly Q201 (one pin should measure 22V, the other, 24.4V, and the other 23.9V according to schematic.)

Please verify these are good and present.

Comment

Thanks tom, I am on it now checking

Comment

Working...
                                          X