• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Magnavox 32md359b/f7 White Screen and with sound only

checking with other meter.....give me couple minutes

Comment

Waaayda minute. I assumed that you had no backlight, in other words you had no light from the screen? I just saw a post saying you had a white screen. Maybe I'm completely mixed up, are you getting light from the screen and is it continuous? I may have mixed up the threads a little. Do not cross the streams! as they say.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Lol..I only made this one stream that I know of, but yes my topic is white screen lit up with sound but no picture...

Comment

Oh dear. I am not having a good day today, apart from finding the 50" Panasonic. But, I completely mis-diagnosed the fault. Your fault is likely with the green signal board, not either of the PSUs. But did you find out if your other meters were OK?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Backlight is on

Comment

Meter is A-ok..

Comment

Still very confused about your meter. Give me a moment.

Comment

Can you post a picture of your small signal board. It'll be the one with HDMI on it, usually green in colour.

Comment

Pictures of HDMI board
                    Attached Files

Comment

Is there an obvious way to remove that metal shield without damaging the signal board?

Comment

Yes moving now

Comment

Here ya go tom
                          Attached Files

Comment

so this board could eliminate the picture from showing?

Comment

I'm sorry those pictures are really too blurry for me to highlight much. Is there any way to make them a little better? Perhaps using sunlight would work. I'm trying to see tiny things like SMD fuses and marked test points.

The white or black screen, with lit backlights, is a common issue with all TVs. Generally that board would attach to a separate t-con board and the t-con board commonly fails. Looks like they have integrated the two on this chassis making it a little harder to diagnose but it's either there, or in the power supply feeding that... the inverter is fine, I was totally heading down the wrong direction, I'm still suspicious of your meter though.

Comment

I heard somethings about using a heat gun or adding heat to certain system boards because solder or sometimes just getting joints to resit, I've done this trick on game systems that overheat...Am I way off

Comment

It could be a good test. We have seen several TVs here with similar issues to the Xbox 360 and PS3 regarding main chip BGA solder joints, mostly Samsung TVs though. And I don't like Samsung TVs for a good reason...

Comment

Yes, my brother had a samsung and TV guy came with heat gun and it worked

Comment

sending clearer pictures now
                                      Attached Files

Comment

We have no sunlight here, you must be on west coast, let me know if this is ok

Comment

Much better. Thank you. Is there any way to get them a little bigger? Aside from that, they are great. The size of the 4th pic is a good size.

Comment

Working...
                                          X