Vizio e320vl stuck on vizio logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio e320vl stuck on vizio logo

Here's a Youtube video from norcal715, a 30 year electronics tech., that may answer the VIZIO 'On - won't shut off' logo issue...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFzBJELFoU

Hope that it helps...

Harddrive

Comment

Im working a similar issue on SV422XVt TV. I spoke with Jimmy parts and gave an exact description of my TV problems and they reply back the following. replace the main board. It is possible to repair but you need good or near good skill in soldering transistors. so my suggestion , if you still looking to get this TV fixed, replace the main board cheap around $40 to $60 after all, it is the one you are treading on.....hopefully you got it running and please report your conclusion. thank you "Xochitl "
      Last edited by xochitl; 10-08-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

By the way , I did check the link Harddrive shared,
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFzBJELFoU
        and Norcal repairs the problem I suffer at the main board on the video clip. However, you must have some little skill with the soldering gun and sucker to get done.

Comment

I have same isses and currently getting mine fixed, I ordered the board and I let you know, however, check this link and the second one
          http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

this one will put on you tube video clip and you should search for the one with exact issues from the same poster Norcal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC9FEZ78-qM

Comment

I also have the same problem with my E320VL Television, which is in "Auto-shutoff" mode; Does anybody knows how to re-program U18, rather than re-placing it; I know that using the USB and the RGB ports this might be an option ???. Pls help.

Comment

It seems that a lot of folks are having trouble with this Vizio model SV422XVT. I love the TV but it went right out on me. The "VIZIO" logo lights orange when it is plugged in but it does not turn white when the power button is hit. Just a black screen, no sound. Before giving up the ghost it did scew the picture a couple of times (like when the channel signal wasn't quite right on an old school tv for those of you that can remember that far back). Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have it apart and have inspected it for obvious damage but found none. I have checked what I believe to be all of the fuses and all check good.

Comment

Originally posted by Worminizer View Post
                I have exactly the same problem as cheezeitz51. Power button lights logo, tv turns on, on screen logo comes on for a couple seconds, then it shuts down. It doesn't lock up, I can hold down the power button and it will keep cycling on and off. I have 5v at the main board, and 12v on the power board when i hit the power button. I do however only have 2.9v at the pson pin on the power board. I removed the wire in the harness and read 3.3v coming from the main board. It seems as though something is pulling the voltage down. I also have 0v on the lamp pin. Not sure what voltage that pin should have, if any, but its nil. I read that the eeprom can lose data and you have to replace it with a new pre-programmed one. Those posts however mention freezing at the vizio logo. Mine does not freeze, it just shuts down. It still very well could be the problem, but I hate throwing $30-$50 dollar parts at something without being pretty certain that its the right part. Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. This post is fairly new, and pertains exactly to my situation, so I jumped on. If you would prefer, I can start my own post instead.
                Thanks guys in advance!
                Hey what ever happened with your tv mine is doing the same thing. i checked all caps reflowed the eeprom and everything. when its plugged in the light is orange. then i hit the power button light turns white and the vizio logo shows up on the screen then 2 seconds later backlight goes off and light remains white but cant do anything. i can restart it and it does teh same thing every time

Comment

Most likely you need to replace the EEPROM. Check Ebay, shopjimmy.

Comment

Hello. We have a Vizio E650i-A2. Today the electricity went out in our end of the county for a few seconds and came straight back on. However, it messed up our tv. When we turned the tv back on, it just comes back on to a black screen with the Vizio logo and it just sits there endlessly. The power button on the tv and remote won't work to turn it off once it is on. The only way to turn the tv off is to unplug it. I have tried power cycling it, but that didn't help. I left it unplugged for a couple hours and then tried turning it on and that didn't help. Then I tried unplugging it and turning it on OVER AND OVER for about an hour!!!!! That didn't help either! LOL (Of note, this same thing happened last year and the tv eventually came back on after a couple hours. However today it didn't come back on after 5 1/2 hours of trying different things.)

I'm at the point where I'm going to get online and buy a board and change it myself. I see a main board and a power supply board and my husband thinks I'm crazy to even try it. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm game to tackle anything. I've changed parts in our water heater, dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, and cars, so I'm not afraid of the tv. From what I'm reading, the main board is the likely culprit that needs to be changed, but I'd like to know what anyone else thinks before I order it and waste money. The tv will come on, but the screen stays black with the Vizio logo in the middle and it just stays there and won't finish booting on up. None of the buttons on the side panel work and the remote won't respond either. You have to unplug it from the wall to get it to go off. All you can do at that point is to plug it back in. The white indicator light comes on and fades out like it is supposed to. Then you can use either the power button on the side of the set or on the remote to turn it back on. It goes straight back to the logo screen and just sits there.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
                    Cindy

Comment

certainly sounds like a corrupted eeprom due to power cut so yes a replacement mainboard or maybe a pre programmed eeprom will fix the issue

Comment

On the pre-programmed eeprom, I assume that requires souldering? If so, I'll get on eBay and order a board and just swap those out. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
                        X