Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha PDM 5520 service manual

Hi all,

I hope this is the right section, I'm trying to track down a service manual for for a Yamaha Plasma Tv model number 5520.

The actual panel number on the panel is FPF55C17196UA-55, I've tried scibd without luck and google isn't much help at this stage unless I'm using the wrong search phrases, would anyone have a link I could try, much appreciated...cheers

Re: Yamaha PDM 5520 service manual

Originally posted by osci View Post
    Hi all,

I hope this is the right section, I'm trying to track down a service manual for for a Yamaha Plasma Tv model number 5520.

The actual panel number on the panel is FPF55C17196UA-55, I've tried scibd without luck and google isn't much help at this stage unless I'm using the wrong search phrases, would anyone have a link I could try, much appreciated...cheers
    No luck on Elektrotanya. That part number for the panel does not look familiar. Pictures or part numbers of the sustain boards might help identify the manufacturer of the plasma panel.

Got a little more information. It's a Hitachi panel. The panel appears to also be used in the Hitachi 55HDM71A. And again, no service manual at Elektrotanya.

PlainBill
    Last edited by PlainBill; 04-12-2011, 05:04 AM.
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Thanks Bill....Here are the part numbers off the X & Y sus boards

Ysus - ND 60200-0019
      Xsus - ND 60200-0018

Like yourself, When I searched for these numbers yesterday everything pointed to these being Hitachi parts but no luck with finding a service manual, although these boards are still generally available after a quick search on google.

PS: here is another part number I've found FPF24R-YSS0019 which is the manufacturers part No, after a quick search it appears to be Fujitsu Hitachi.

Comment

Hi all,

Then, what is the problem with your plasma?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
          Then, what is the problem with your plasma?
          The problem is, No picture or sound...standby light comes on when I plug power in, then, when I hit the on/off button I can hear two distinct clicks....one click then a pause of 1 sec then another click.

I've tried connecting an audio source to see if at least I have audio but with no luck.

Comment

The problem is, No picture or sound...standby light comes on when I plug power in, then, when I hit the on/off button I can hear two distinct clicks....one click then a pause of 1 sec then another click.

I've tried connecting an audio source to see if at least I have audio but with no luck.
            As I've said, I don't have any experience with Hitachi plasma sets. These suggestions are based on Samsung and LG Electronics sets.

Both of the above brands place a label on the back of the plasma panel with several voltages - Va, Vs, Vscan, etc. Also, the power supplies have labels that indicate the outputs Va, Vs, Vscan, as well as 12V 5V, 5VSTBY, etc.

One step is to measure the voltage on each of these pins to ground. If most of the voltages are present, but one or two are missing, that is an indication of a problem. This can be done safely, provided you are cognizant of the fact that you are working with voltages as high as 200 volts.

Another thing you can try is disconnecting the power cable to the Y-Sustain and Z-Sustain (only one at a time) to see if the power supply stays on. This is a standard test procedure on Samsung and LG panels, I'm not sure if it is safe on Hitachi panels.

PlainBill
            For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
              As I've said, I don't have any experience with Hitachi plasma sets. These suggestions are based on Samsung and LG Electronics sets.

Both of the above brands place a label on the back of the plasma panel with several voltages - Va, Vs, Vscan, etc. Also, the power supplies have labels that indicate the outputs Va, Vs, Vscan, as well as 12V 5V, 5VSTBY, etc.

One step is to measure the voltage on each of these pins to ground. If most of the voltages are present, but one or two are missing, that is an indication of a problem. This can be done safely, provided you are cognizant of the fact that you are working with voltages as high as 200 volts.Another thing you can try is disconnecting the power cable to the Y-Sustain and Z-Sustain (only one at a time) to see if the power supply stays on. This is a standard test procedure on Samsung and LG panels, I'm not sure if it is safe on Hitachi panels.PlainBill
              Hi Bill,

I can see the sticker on the back of the panel with all the voltages listed, I will measure the corresponding pins and see what they are....btw I've taken due note of your last paragraphs

Comment

Sometimes there are leds on the powersupply board that indicates an abnormal state, for example overload, over/undervoltage and so on.
                This could be very informative. Have you checked this already perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by PowerAmpFreak View Post
                  Sometimes there are leds on the powersupply board that indicates an abnormal state, for example overload, over/undervoltage and so on.
                  This could be very informative. Have you checked this already perhaps?
                  No not yet, haven't had a chance to look at it today, but I guess its one of the easier things to se if there are leds on the psu.

Comment

No not yet, haven't had a chance to look at it today, but I guess its one of the easier things to se if there are leds on the psu.
                    Yes, it's easy to forget the easy stuff and put the hands on the more complicated things from the begining!

Comment

Ok, update...

The sticker on the back of the panel has the following votages,

Vs = 85.5V Va = 63.2V
                      Vw = 189.3V Vx = 55.1V
                      Vq = -49.5V Vu = 27.7V

No LED's on PSU or any that can be seen.

I turned the power on and tried to measure the input voltage at the Xsus & Ysus, I could not get a reading, I then disconnected the Xsus & Ysus completely from the PSU and still could not get a reading.

To make sure I had my meter set correctly I measured the output voltages of another PDP and those readings were fine, Would I be safe assuming this is looking like a new PSU?

Comment

Ok, update...

The sticker on the back of the panel has the following votages,

Vs = 85.5V Va = 63.2V
                        Vw = 189.3V Vx = 55.1V
                        Vq = -49.5V Vu = 27.7V

No LED's on PSU or any that can be seen.

I turned the power on and tried to measure the input voltage at the Xsus & Ysus, I could not get a reading, I then disconnected the Xsus & Ysus completely from the PSU and still could not get a reading.

To make sure I had my meter set correctly I measured the output voltages of another PDP and those readings were fine, Would I be safe assuming this is looking like a new PSU?
                        Yes. Every power supply for a plasma TV I've seen has two sections. There is a standby supply that is always on. Then there is a main supply that is switched on by the standby processor. If NONE of the outputs of the main supply come up, that points to a failure of the power supply. I'd check fuses, fusible resistors, etc before buying a new supply.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                        X