About emmc replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About emmc replacement

Hello. After lots and lots of tvs having firmware failure I decided to get a socket to reprogram the emmc. Yesterday I checked that one emmc had a 100% usage so it couldn't be reprogrammed and it should be replaced.

I checked in my store and I had no exact replacements for this emmc (KLM8G1WEMB-B031).

Is it possible to replace even if the part numbers do not match as long as the emmc has the same capacity?

Is there any anywhere where I can order new emmc. I checked few stores in Aliexpress but I think they are used or is it safe to order emmcs from there?

Cheers!

Re: About emmc replacement

At Aliexpress I always check if the EMMC is new, when doubt I ask the seller. I have ordered hundreds of EMMC at Aliexpress and only 1 seller sold me used , he had to pay every cent back.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply! I have already ordered KLM8G1WEMB but its gonna take a while to arrive and the client does not want to wait a lot. Lets hope it is new, I ordered a couple cpus and they were used. Will open a dispute soon. Is it safe to replace with another emmc, same capacity?

Comment

reprogramming EMMC is doesn't work for long time.
        I have no experience of replacing tv emmc, but i changed few mobile phone emmcs. generally mobile phone firmware supports few emmcs from different manufacturers and this detail is shown when mobile phone firmware is opened in a emmc programmer software like UFI. that mean loaders of many emmc are built in firmware.

Comment

Working...
        X