Hisense 60R6E - No backlight - stuck in boot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 60R6E - No backlight - stuck in boot loop

I joined hoping I'll be able to verify which component I need to replace on my Hisense 60R6E. When I plug it in the red light comes on and stays on for several seconds then blinks off and then on again. There is no back light but I can see the logo screen "Hisense Roku" (using the flashlight method) come on while the red light is off. Then it dissapears and the red light is constant again. This cycle keeps repeating. I tried pressing the reset button and it has absolutely no impact. Even held it in for 30 seconds also tried holding the power button in with the TV unplugged - nothing gets it out of the reboot loop. That cycle just keeps happening. I have a feeling it's due to failed LED's but I just wanted to be sure (DOM - June 22, 2018).

I'm okay with replacing boards or LED's(not individual components) but I don't want to spend money replacing things that aren't broke so I'm hoping to verify what is broken and then buy/replace that board or LED set.

I measured all of the cables coming off the power supply board with all of the ribbon cables connected and the TV plugged in:

Power Supply Board
    1-GND = 0
    2-GND = 0
    3-PWN = 3.198v jumps to 149v (when logo appears then back down)
    4-SW = 2.57v jumps to 160v (when logo appears, then back down)
    5-12v = 12v
    6-12v = 12v
    7-STB =2.6v
    8-GND = 0
    9-VAMP = 20v
    10-VAMP = 20v

LED plug
    Jumps to 256v then drops, repeats when red light goes off.

All above voltages are steady except 3 & 4 as well as the LED value.

I haven't taken the LCD off to test the LED's. I don't have an LED tester but I seen a method where you use 9v batteries and test the individual strips for blown LED's. That will be next for me to do but I wanted to get some feedback from this group first. I found a seller on eBay for the replacement LED's and it appears the TV has 11 strips of 5 LED's each at 3v, which would be 165v for the entire array, or 15v for each strip.

I could not find any obvious damage on any caps or other components. I have a feeling it's the LED's due to the voltage cycling up/down and no back light but I just wasn't sure if that would also cause the TV to appear to be stuck in a repeating boot loop. Most other videos I watched with "no backlight but an image was present" showed a normal screen such as a menu or setup type image. Mine just keeps rebooting so I wasn't sure if it could be just the LED's or perhaps there's a second problem.

I'm by no means an electrician or electronic expert but I can certainly follow instruction (YouTube university graduate) so I'm hoping the experts here will be able to help me diagnose what I need to replace.

Thanks in advance!
    Mike

Re: Hisense 60R6E - No backlight - stuck in boot loop

BL issue

Comment

So you're confirming that bad LED's will cause the TV to act like it's stuck in a reboot loop?

Comment

Originally posted by Mschrenkz@gmail.com View Post
        So you're confirming that bad LED's will cause the TV to act like it's stuck in a reboot loop?
        you already confirming this boot loop caused by error LED BL at yours first post when:
        "A- put yours probe on each pin of LED+ socket with reference to TV chassis and turn on.. you will notice the high and low of VDC current"
        Last edited by Diah; 05-10-2023, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          you already confirming this boot loop caused by error LED BL at yours first post when:
          "A- put yours probe on each pin of LED+ socket with reference to TV chassis and turn on.. you will notice the high and low of VDC current"
          Thanks - I'll order the LED's today!

Comment

You might try downloading the firmware for your tv. I have a Hisense that was stuck on a bootloop. Turned out the firmware was corrupt. And not every brand USB stick works on Hisense. I had to try 2 or 3 different ones before the new firmware took.

Comment

Originally posted by Mschrenkz@gmail.com View Post
              Thanks - I'll order the LED's today!
              Did the LEDs solve the problem?

Comment

Working...
              X