Say you got a free PSU from outside... and it was raining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Say you got a free PSU from outside... and it was raining

I had a wall wart, the kind with the black plastic shell. The thing got filled with water. I opened it and it with a hack saw. it was full of water and rust.

I was thinking about fixing it, but I found another one with the same voltage. Now it's in my pile of spare parts!
    Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
    60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Rain or Shine - Always mine!
      that's dedicated to JunkParts - see if anybody remembers who said it!

Comment

I use mailing tubes as drying "tunnels" for PCBs. Fed from a small inline blower via flex duct. I temper the air @ intake w/ a small heater- air movement is important too! 55-75 CFM @ 115-125 for 3 hours minimum...

Always get it clean before drying, especially in tube or other hi-Z ckts.
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Working...
        X