Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: some dead capacitors in a 9v 2.6A power supply

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
    That's why I don't buy overpriced chit anymore. Either I buy it on sale or not at all. Who would want to pay for a high priced item only to find out later that there is Chinese crap inside? The problem is that this is also happening with some brands that were trusted before.
    If you've seen my post about a Korg piano that has power issues, it's fully capped with JACKCON. It's a 950$ keyboard from a previously trusted manufacturer.
    Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzie366 View Post
      In a behringer powered pa mixer which is the one that had the most, there were about 20 of them, 25v 1000uF on EACH channel to filter the incoming power. I'd get a pic if I didn't have the thing burried away.

Also, "THACON"?. I'd love to see those.

Edit: Another thing I'm surprised about is that we haven't seen the "Pchicon" brand in anything yet. http://www.pchicon.com/en/product/

They're extremely common on the online trading world, and usually have a lot of sales.

Edit2: They're in newer LED lights, if we see a mass failure if in ceiling LED lights and potentially some bulbs, it's probably gonna be these guys.
      Ok i will love to see some pictures of it
      Oh and i buried the power supply with the THACON capacitor somewhere.

Do you mean this brand... {100uf 25v} {line: CD11GCL}

I have 2 dead Feit LED lamps...
      I can open one up and see why it failed.
      Attached Files
      I'm not a expert, I'm just doing my best.

Comment

If you've seen my post about a Korg piano that has power issues, it's fully capped with JACKCON. It's a 950$ keyboard from a previously trusted manufacturer.
        Nope, but I guess I am going to.

Comment

Originally posted by ruky con View Post
          Ok i will love to see some pictures of it
          Oh and i buried the power supply with the THACON capacitor somewhere.

Do you mean this brand... {100uf 25v} {line: CD11GCL}

I have 2 dead Feit LED lamps...
          I can open one up and see why it failed.
          Yeah! I did mean that brand!

Where'd you get that?
          Popcorn.

Comment

Got it from an assorted capacitor bag from Ebay.

Comment

Got it from an assorted capacitor bag from Ebay.
              Could you tell me what ebay assortment sold you this? I'd like to get my hands on a few of the odd brands like this.
              Popcorn.

Comment

Could you tell me what ebay assortment sold you this? I'd like to get my hands on a few of the odd brands like this.
                Here you go...
                Note: The brands are 100% random so i can not guarantee you'll get the same brands that i got.
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/210Pcs-25-Va...3D172377962894

Comment

Here you go...
                  Note: The brands are 100% random so i can not guarantee you'll get the same brands that i got.
                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/210Pcs-25-Va...3D172377962894
                  LOL, in the listing they show a pic of entirely SamWha capacitors, meanwhile that's obviously not the case. However, they don't look to be legitimate, as the vents on the ones they pictured seem to be miscut, as in they are wildly off center.
                  Popcorn.

Comment

I did not notice that the vents were all off-center.
                    It shows you how cheap they are.

Comment

I did not notice that the vents were all off-center.
                      It shows you how cheap they are.
                      The cap you have from Pchicon is rated for 12000 (not a mistake) hours... my ass.
                      They are rated high ripple, low ESR, long life.

I'd love to see it go into something, they're meant for LED power supplies, maybe I'll order one of those cheapys from eBay that I know has them in it, and see how long it lasts.
                      Popcorn.

Comment

The cap you have from Pchicon is rated for 12000 (not a mistake) hours... my ass.
                        They are rated high ripple, low ESR, long life.

I'd love to see it go into something, they're meant for LED power supplies, maybe I'll order one of those cheapys from eBay that I know has them in it, and see how long it lasts.
                        The cap i have has a ESR of 0.28...

And i still have some dead LED lamps that failed less then 1 month after installation.

And that's why i don't like LED lamps.

Comment

The cap i have has a ESR of 0.28...

And i still have some dead LED lamps that failed less then 1 month after installation.

And that's why i don't like LED lamps.
                          Hey, I found some caps that'll work in your power supply that you'll like.

Suncap ME-CA series, this is their small, low impedance series. They're a japanese brand, and they make caps for Sanyo. They have the exact same vent on them as well, and the sleeving for their green and gold ones have the same font and everything as Sanyo, just a name change.

I'd recommend these because they're a good brand and the series I linked you makes the 16v 1000uF cap in the case size you need.

However, if you want to mod this supply a little bit or are just living on the edge, put some of these in there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-Nichi...cAAOSwAuZX3xff
                          Popcorn.

Comment

Sanyo does not exist for many years so I wonder how anyone can make anything for them.

How exactly do you put SMD cap to THT?
                            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Hey, I found some caps that'll work in your power supply that you'll like.

Suncap ME-CA series, this is their small, low impedance series. They're a japanese brand, and they make caps for Sanyo. They have the exact same vent on them as well, and the sleeving for their green and gold ones have the same font and everything as Sanyo, just a name change.

I'd recommend these because they're a good brand and the series I linked you makes the 16v 1000uF cap in the case size you need.

However, if you want to mod this supply a little bit or are just living on the edge, put some of these in there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-Nichi...cAAOSwAuZX3xff
                              Suncap is the brand that failed in my power supply.

And i don't think suncap made capacitors for sanyo but i do think suncon did.

And the only link on your post is for the nichicon SMD capacitors [which i don't think they are real nichicon capacitors.]

Comment

Suncap is the brand that failed in my power supply.

And i don't think suncap made capacitors for sanyo but i do think suncon did.

And the only link on your post is for the nichicon SMD capacitors [which i don't think they are real nichicon capacitors.]
                                Fuck, I meant Suncon, damnit I was so tired when I made that.
                                Popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by behemot View Post
                                  sanyo does not exist for many years so i wonder how anyone can make anything for them.

How exactly do you put smd cap to tht?
                                  Popcorn.

Comment

Fuck, I meant Suncon, damnit I was so tired when I made that.
                                    Ok i thought you were trolling me or something.

I get the joke.

42 The answer to life the universe and everything.

Comment

Ok i thought you were trolling me or something.

I get the joke.

42 The answer to life the universe and everything.
                                      Yep, also the actual way I've done that is to put leads through to the top of the board, and then solder some small copper pads to said leads. Once you do that, you can just solder some SMD caps to it and it'll work just fine. Just make sure to use good copper or you might get some extra resistance that could effect the performance if the resistance is too high.
                                      Last edited by jazzie366; 03-13-2017, 11:04 AM. Reason: mistype
                                      Popcorn.

Comment

Need a capacitor company whose founder is "BA" and add some breakfast meat compounds into the electrolyte. Then when the cheap cap explodes, at least it will smell tasty.

Then label their caps "BAcon".

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
                                          Need a capacitor company whose founder is "BA" and add some breakfast meat compounds into the electrolyte. Then when the cheap cap explodes, at least it will smell tasty.

Then label their caps "BAcon".
                                          Popcorn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X