Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ITL05 bios password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ITL05 bios password

Hello everyone. I need help to remove password on Ideapad 5 14ITL05.
    Thanks in advance!
    Original bios dump is in attachment.
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo Ideapad 5 14ITL05 bios password

Originally posted by sonsy View Post
    Hello everyone. I need help to remove password on Ideapad 5 14ITL05.
    Thanks in advance!
    Original bios dump is in attachment.
    try this... bios extracted from the Lenovo website update
    DMI 2000 - 21FFF
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try this... bios extracted from the Lenovo website update
      DMI 2000 - 21FFF
      Thanks for the effort, but with this bios the light comes on and after 4 seconds it turns off, it doesn't show a picture on screen.

Comment

Which is very strange, now even when I restore the original bios the laptop behaves the same, the light comes on and after a few seconds it goes off.
        I'm sure I read the bios correctly, I always read at least twice and compare the dumps to see if they are the same.
        Can someone tell me the reason why the laptop won't turn on now?

Comment

Which is very strange, now even when I restore the original bios the laptop behaves the same, the light comes on and after a few seconds it goes off.
          I'm sure I read the bios correctly, I always read at least twice and compare the dumps to see if they are the same.
          Can someone tell me the reason why the laptop won't turn on now?
          There may be a problem with the write operation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
            There may be a problem with the write operation.
            Thanks for your reply. Now when I read the chip (with the original dump restored) I get the identical dump as I got the first two reads, so I don't see where the problem could be
            To note that I did not remove the chip from the board, since the programmer nicely identified and unlocked it.
            Last edited by sonsy; 09-19-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Now when I read the chip (with the original dump restored) I get the identical dump as I got the first two reads, so I don't see where the problem could be
              To note that I did not remove the chip from the board, since the programmer nicely identified and unlocked it.
              Is there a CMOS battery on the motherboard that you didnt remove before programming (trying to) ,or the main battery.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Is there a CMOS battery on the motherboard that you didnt remove before programming (trying to) ,or the main battery.
                Thanks for your reply. It doesn't have a cmos battery, and I disconnected the main battery before reading and writing the bios chip.

Comment

I still haven't done anything. Is it possible that a possibly wrong bios changed something in the ec chip when it was first turned on?
                  I will also post a dump from another chip here. it is a Winbond 25R64JVSIQ (which I guess is an IC chip), so please take a look and help.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I still haven't done anything. Is it possible that a possibly wrong bios changed something in the ec chip when it was first turned on?
                    I will also post a dump from another chip here. it is a Winbond 25R64JVSIQ (which I guess is an IC chip), so please take a look and help.
                    maybe you wrote the bios chip with errors.. maybe the bios chip is defective... maybe you installed it incorrectly... maybe the resistors around the chip jumped when you removed the bios chip from the motherboard.... check the wiring around of the chip..if you use the bios from post #2 correctly...it works for sure...
                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X