bios for lenovo y540-15irh (81sx)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help unbricking Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH

Unfortunately I've just tried it and it still has the issue..

Do you think it could be because when I tried it this time I had the integrated battery disconnected and I've powered up the laptop only from the AC?

Other than that, is there anything left that I could try?

Comment

Originally posted by Pryrex View Post
      Unfortunately I've just tried it and it still has the issue..

Do you think it could be because when I tried it this time I had the integrated battery disconnected and I've powered up the laptop only from the AC?

Other than that, is there anything left that I could try?
      If the error is due to bios then with the file I posted it should work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Understood... I guess the only thing left to do is to get it to a repair service and see what's their diagnose.. Thank you very much for the help though!

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
          Re: bios for lenovo y540-15irh (81sx)

bios extracted from the Lenovo site update
          DMI 632000 - 633FFF
          thank you it worked for me, following a dead mosfet on the graphics card, the laptop no longer turned on, I changed the mosfet, it turned on but did not display the startup logo and stuck on a screen empty, with this new bios it worked it starts with the logo, accesses the bios, but with lines on the screen, like the graphics card was dead or will die, can we have a bios without the graphics card enablement function?
          Attached Files

Comment

If it helps anyone, I tried to heat the graphics card to do a reflow with a reballing machine, but that didn't change anything, I changed the bios to the latest version, still the same , display traits, I see very little what is marked on the screen, but I tried to change the bios settings, and I found Graphic Device in the bios settings, so I changed Discrete Graphics by Switchables Graphics, I now have a very clean display.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	407379488_681306707470892_5102048882236623459_n.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.5 KB ID:	3165678

Comment

DMI 632000 - 633FFF
              Hello , i try your to file and add my dmi , but same problem , blinking white power button, fan turn but no display.

My original bios

mb : nm-c221
              model : 81SX
              sn : PF2E0JZ7

I check resistance and voltage, seem to be good

did you think of hardware problem ? or maybe try an another bios ?

Thx
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bouny56 View Post

Hello , i try your to file and add my dmi , but same problem , blinking white power button, fan turn but no display.

My original bios

mb : nm-c221
                model : 81SX
                sn : PF2E0JZ7

I check resistance and voltage, seem to be good

did you think of hardware problem ? or maybe try an another bios ?

Thx
                PF2E0JZ7
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

PF2E0JZ7

Hello, thanks for your help. Same symptom 3 reboot and always white blink

Comment

Originally posted by bouny56 View Post

Hello, thanks for your help. Same symptom 3 reboot and always white blink
                    Find hardware isues, this file was solved by someone else.

Comment

Hi all!
                      I did the ch341a programming successfully, thanks for help!

Only one little problem: I tried everything, but the keyboard backlight is not working.
                      The Lenovo Vantage shows it's ON or OFF, and all other fn keys working..

This problem started when I turned off and on the laptop again and again before the bios programming. I tried turning on and off with power button and with NOVO button, too.
                      Does someone know the bin file contain the keyboard firmware/driver or what should I do? I tried everything.

- Lenovo Hotkey installed
                      - Lenovo Vantage installed
                      - all driver installed in Windows update (even the optional ones), in Intel Driver & Support Assistant and in Lenovo Vantage

There is a video on youtube, I already tried everything what's in it.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOugF4RSXOk

Please help, thanks.

Lenovo Legion Y540-15irh-pg0
                      Model name: 81SY
                      MTM: 81SY00CRHV
                      S/N: PF1XDEEL
                      Bios version: bhcn45ww

Comment

DMI 632000 - 633FFF
                      Can you help me with motherboard numbers?
                      In the System Information the "baseboard product" is "INVALID" and the "baseboard version" is "No DPK".
                      What is the address of these datas? Or should I find in this interval "DMI 632000 - 633FFF"?

Comment

Originally posted by kaptenson View Post

Can you help me with motherboard numbers?
                        In the System Information the "baseboard product" is "INVALID" and the "baseboard version" is "No DPK".
                        What is the address of these datas? Or should I find in this interval "DMI 632000 - 633FFF"?
                        use the HxD program (you can find it for free).. insert the laptop bios and the bios from the Lenovo website into it and transfer this interval from the laptop bios to the one on the website (copy-paste)...
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

use the HxD program (you can find it for free).. insert the laptop bios and the bios from the Lenovo website into it and transfer this interval from the laptop bios to the one on the website (copy-paste)...
                          I already did the copy+paste. And I just realized the product name is false in bios. It should be "lenovo legion y540-15irh-pg0", and now it's "lenovo legion y540-15irh". Can there be a connection between keyboard backlight and the false product name/missing baseboard version?

Anyways, if there is not relation between these two things, the keyboard's backlight still not working.

Comment

I repared today the keyboard backlit. The cable had slipped out of the socket. Now it's working.
                            Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                            X