Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo L340-15IRH won't start

Originally posted by gungor1981tr View Post
    Does it work if we read and write ec from a system that works differently to this device?
    Does he definitely want the ec file according to the serial number
    With this model the EC file is part of the bios file, my guess is it will share this data from the bios chip to the EC chip when you press the power button after flashing the bios. We assume that the EC chip is damaged, the sharing fails and the device cannot be booted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
      With this model the EC file is part of the bios file, my guess is it will share this data from the bios chip to the EC chip when you press the power button after flashing the bios. We assume that the EC chip is damaged, the sharing fails and the device cannot be booted.
      hi
      I managed to repair 2 of the 3 devices in the repair, I will supply materials from China to 1 of them
      The bios and ec files you have provided are working, thank you again.

Comment

Hi! Can somebody make me good ec file and bios file too for this laptop?
        IdeaPad L340-17IRH Gaming
        Model Name: 81LL
        SN: PF1TB56 MTM: 81LLOOCYGE
        Mfg Date 2020/10/17 Factory ID. JVHFC1
        MO: PE9XB0A17136

Comment

Originally posted by Miim113 View Post
          Hi! Can somebody make me good ec file and bios file too for this laptop?
          IdeaPad L340-17IRH Gaming
          Model Name: 81LL
          SN: PF1TB56 MTM: 81LLOOCYGE
          Mfg Date 2020/10/17 Factory ID. JVHFC1
          MO: PE9XB0A17136
          Post your request in the L340-17IRH thread ---> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106857
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi,
            I have a Lenovo L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81LK
            Serial Number:PF1SECN0
            Machine Type Model:81LK009ERM
            Black screen after I changed Secure Boot from OFF to ON.
            I suspect a corrupt bios. If I read this bios, can I extract some good data? or all data will be corrupted?
            Should I make a back up before? even if the bios is corrupted?
            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by aditzuthebest View Post
              Hi,
              I have a Lenovo L340-15IRH Gaming Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81LK
              Serial Number:PF1SECN0
              Machine Type Model:81LK009ERM
              Black screen after I changed Secure Boot from OFF to ON.
              I suspect a corrupt bios. If I read this bios, can I extract some good data? or all data will be corrupted?
              Should I make a back up before? even if the bios is corrupted?
              Thank you!
              Should you make a back up before, even if the bios is corrupted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

@hoaca388 another question for you.
                If I find a laptop with model 81LK009ERM in my country and I use Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 to back up the bios on that machine and restore on mine...is this ok?

Comment

Originally posted by aditzuthebest View Post
                  @hoaca388 another question for you.
                  If I find a laptop with model 81LK009ERM in my country and I use Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0 to back up the bios on that machine and restore on mine...is this ok?
                  I don't know about "Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit 2.0" because if I had to back up I would use a device called a programmer. With software, I don't know if it backs up the entire bios or if it only backs up the "bios region".

Comment

Hi! I have a Lenovo L340-15IRH FG541 FG741 NM-C361, bios chip is Winbond 25Q128JVSQ. Laptop charges and powers on, power button and power light are solid white, keyboard turns on for a second or two and goes back off, fan spins and then also turn off. CPU get's warmer and fans turn back on after a while. Absolutely nothing on display and no back-light either. no display on external monitor and Caps Lock does not respond, doesn't seem to post.
                    I tried to reset CMOS but no dice.
                    I've attached the BIOS I attempted to dump with raspberry PI and flashrom. File size looks OK so I think it's intact.
                    Thank you!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the laptop has been salvaged and it seems that the S/N sticker is no longer there, I tried to search for it everywhere but didn't find it anywhere. I would have certainly posted it otherwise, Is it possible to proceed without it?

Comment

• SMDFlea
                      SMDFlea commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes it is possible without it.
                  Working...
                  X