Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo L340-15IRH Type 81LK Gaming/IdeaPad BIOS Problem

Originally posted by russelldregz View Post
    Hello everyone,good day. My laptop has no display issue. After flashing bios that i download from vinafix. It shows INVALID info in Product name, SN and MTM.

Can someone help me fix this?

Product Name: IdeaPad L340-Gaming
    SN: PF1Y8W7N
    MTM: 81LK00W4PH

I attached my original backup firmware for reference.

Thank you.
    do you still have the original bios of the laptop??? post it here..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Noted sir.

Here is my original backup bios.

Thank you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by russelldregz View Post
        Noted sir.

Here is my original backup bios.

Thank you.
        Use the bios at post #12 .Copy your own DMI to the new bios easily using the attached "A314-33_CopyDMI" script.See the README.txt file for instructions.
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you so much. I'll test and report. Thank you

Comment

Hi, can someone pls change my BIOS (it showing l340-17irh instead of 15irh and also different SN and MTM).
            Thanks

My serial nr: XXXXXX
            Model: L340-15IRH
            Last edited by Beertimenow; 08-05-2023, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beertimenow View Post
              Hi, can someone pls change my BIOS (it showing l340-17irh instead of 15irh and also different SN and MTM).
              Thanks

My serial nr: PF22VPTZ
              Model: L340-15IRH
              Use lenovo DMI tools.

Lenovo Gold Key U1 Tool ,ThinkPad Config Information Update Utility

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Use lenovo DMI tools.

Lenovo Gold Key U1 Tool ,ThinkPad Config Information Update Utility

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Ok Please cancel/remove request.
                Last edited by Beertimenow; 08-05-2023, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beertimenow View Post
                  Ok Please cancel/remove request.
                  Why have you fixed it now ? Did you have the original bios backup ? ,did the DMI tools work ? .

Comment

Hello

Firstly TLDR:
                    Got a lenovo l340-15irh laptop from previous owner.
                    He had a problem with bios (after changing a setting in bios, device got bricked)
                    He had a shitty fix for that.
                    Laptop works except TPM, Wired lan, secondary hard drive(sata port) and Intel Audio( Intel Smart Sound Technology OED with error: FW did not sent FW Ready notification.)
                    TPM, Wired Lan, Second drive is not recognized by bios or windows. Audio is but maybe driver issue.
                    Fix included changing flash chip i presume. Because it is not original in service manuals and it has barely noticable reworking.
                    Flashed Bios does not have any MTM, Levono serial number(i have the original box, and label on device so i have correct MTM and serial) and Os License OA3 key. Though windows is original, it was not formatted before and after fix and receives any windows updates
                    My questions: Probably because a shitty bios flash replacement and flashing a half ass bios is it possible these hardware disabled or not recognized by device? Is it possible to fix!? bios? Or at least would anyone help filling mtm and serial at least? Also what would you think after changing a bios setting (he told me it was about virtualization) having these hardware issues are normal or should i post it hardware forum also?
                    Thank you (maybe also this is not a good tldr, sorry).

I have current bios dumped, i also ordered and got original winbond flash chip that may be used as a backup. I dumped bios 4 times and with two different software, checked with HxD and they are identical. So attaching below as "BGCN35WW-current.zip". Also there is a bios update at:
                    https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/p...3-B07A93E0428C
                    or with direct link -> https://download.lenovo.com/consumer...s/bgcn36ww.exe

I disassembled device and noticed that bios chip is changed with gigadevice GD25Q128 and when i checked pcb documents found in this forum original one is winbond W25Q128JVSIQ. I ordered new winbond and may use as a backup.

If you would at least help me filling Product name, mtm, serial nr for bios here they are:

Product name: IdeaPad L340-15IRH Gaming
                    Model Name: 81LK
                    MTM: 81LK01KUTX
                    Serial: PF2A8A20

Also I am attaching pictures for Flash Chip area, there is some residue on left side, do you see/suspect any hardware issues about this job, thanks.

Thank you for your time

Hardware/PCB info: FG541/FG741 NM-C361
                    Rev:1.0
                    2019-03-04
                    Schematic: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99699 (for rev 0.3 but i think it is similar)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gurselaksel View Post
                      Hello

Firstly TLDR:
                      Got a lenovo l340-15irh laptop...
                      do you still have the copy of the original bios of the laptop?? post it here, or try post #23 or #26 (4.7Lenovo)..
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 08-06-2023, 04:55 AM. Reason: Full OP quote
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                        do you still have the copy of the original bios of the laptop?? post it here, or try post #23 or #26 (4.7Lenovo)..
                        Hi,

I dont have original bios. Will try these tools. About other hardware problems (TMP, wired lan, sata connection not detected etc), do you think these may happen because a faulty/incomplete bios?

Comment

Originally posted by gurselaksel View Post
                          Hi,

I dont have original bios. Will try these tools. About other hardware problems (TMP, wired lan, sata connection not detected etc), do you think these may happen because a faulty/incomplete bios?

Lenovo U1 Tool did not work. Formatted USB, followed instructions @ https://github.com/ASparkOfFire/lenovo-u1-tool, booted with usb, selected tool, entered commands as stated, did not receive any error but bios info did not change. will try other

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            Why have you fixed it now ? Did you have the original bios backup ? ,did the DMI tools work ? .
                            After few e-mails the 1st service that worked on this board found a original backup of BIOS + EC.
                            Thanks for help

Comment

this is my old bios but not display please rebuild
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trmrtts View Post
                                This is HP bios, do you you confuse ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

no im sure. motherboard :nm-c361

Comment

Originally posted by trmrtts View Post
                                    Read post #23 everything you need is in this thread.

Comment

Re: Lenovo L340-15irh bios/ec

Originally posted by kicab View Post
                                      Hello! I have a Lenovo l340-15irh laptop (fg541 / fg741 nm-c362 rev: 1.0), replaced the power jack. It turned out that there is a short circuit on the LDO3 line. I replaced the damaged it8586e with a clean one. I did bios backups. I turned on my laptop, the it8586e chip was overwritten. Power button flashes 6/7 times, loop, flashes again 6/7 times and turns off. When turned on, Power lights up briefly and then goes off. I think there is a problem with the bios and the EC. I tried other bios and ec but same symptoms.

Could someone clean the ME region and make the ec file from the original bios?

thx

Halla Lenovo Fam

I have the same problem, I fix it when I reinstall ram, battery, power button hold 30 sec, Novo button, Bios battery of for 1 min, all night don't work this config and light next to cable for power been red at the morning start to be light I think battery Need more recharge, after that I reinstall windows this fix bug after hybernation, (after Lenovo logo before log screen comes mouse with loading and black screen) After install with fresh windows everything but I see nvidia card don't show, I read at forums of Lenovo, that just need to update with last version of bios I do it before 5 min and now again computer flash 7 times and turn off.
                                      WTF!!!

I read here solution with with Bios, but how I can change bios if computer don't don't like to start ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fireonsoul View Post
                                        Halla Lenovo Fam

I have the same problem, I fix it when I reinstall ram, battery, power button hold 30 sec, Novo button, Bios battery of for 1 min, all night don't work this config and light next to cable for power been red at the morning start to be light I think battery Need more recharge, after that I reinstall windows this fix bug after hybernation, (after Lenovo logo before log screen comes mouse with loading and black screen) After install with fresh windows everything but I see nvidia card don't show, I read at forums of Lenovo, that just need to update with last version of bios I do it before 5 min and now again computer flash 7 times and turn off.
                                        WTF!!!

I read here solution with with Bios, but how I can change bios if computer don't don't like to start ?
                                        you need an SPI programmer
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY

Comment

When I change electricity cable at other connector at room,
                                          l340 start windows, Last version of bios find Nvidia.
                                          I think one more week problems with Lenovo and I can fix all their problems hahahah

Comment

Working...
                                          X