Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
    Hello I am working on a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, M1086841-003
    and I have no touch screen, I have been following this guide and I think
    I get what to do I am just having problems picking what file to use

I have ME Version 11.7.4.3330

There are two files in, CSME 11.7 Repository r10, what one do I use

11.7.4.3330_CON_H_DA_PRD_RGN
    11.7.4.3330_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN

Any help picking a file please, How do I know what one?. Thanks.
    drag the bios into the MEAnalyzer program and there you will see what you need...don't forget to make a copy of the original bios..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Re: MS Surface no touchscreen after cleaning ME Firmware **FIX**

Thanks mate, don't know why I didn't see this before sorry
      under Chipset, SPT/KBP-LP C

So I load this file, 11.7.4.3330_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN
      when clearing the ME.

Thanks.

Comment

Any chance someone could be convinced to help with trying this on a SP4? Just dug up my old devicxe, ran all updates, and now this seeing the dreaded Surface ME error in device manager and failed flashing attempts on reboot. Looking like this may be the fix but am a bit lost.

Comment

Hi, trying to dump my BIOS from My surface pro4. It has no Touch after windows update. What is the proper tool to dump bios. I have no Integrated Support hub in device manager. I would like to check the BIOS, but is it any way dump bios without opening surface pro 4? Thank you. Touch is not working. In device manager "Surface ME" and "Surface Touch" has yellow triangle that after restart update will be done, but I restarted few times and still. Those two wont disappear. Suggestion, help...Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            The ISH firmware is in the bios
            WHAT??? the bios is 16mb ,is too big, the me.bin is wrong too

Error 34: [FitActions] ISH image file size is too large. ISH Image Length is too small to fit the binary. Adjusting Length to FileSize + 20%. The minimum required length based on the file size is 16384k. Size is limited to a maximum of 2MB.

Error 41: [FitActions] ISH Image is invalid or corrupt
            Error 5: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error executing pre-build actions.
            Error 15: Failed to build.
            Failed to build!

Comment

Originally posted by jason0503 View Post
              WHAT??? the bios is 16mb ,is too big, the me.bin is wrong too

Error 34: [FitActions] ISH image file size is too large. ISH Image Length is too small to fit the binary. Adjusting Length to FileSize + 20%. The minimum required length based on the file size is 16384k. Size is limited to a maximum of 2MB.

Error 41: [FitActions] ISH Image is invalid or corrupt
              Error 5: [CsmeBinaryGen] Error executing pre-build actions.
              Error 15: Failed to build.
              Failed to build!
              Your bios is corrupt. The ISH firmware is small, see post #1. You havn`t posted your model number.... ,start a new thread please,and post the full model number in the thread title, and post your corrupt backup.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Any way to read this BIOS
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberuska View Post
                  Any way to read this BIOS
                  Only with an SPI programmer.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi guys!

Please help me understand what i'm doing wrong
                    I have a Surface Pro 4 i5 8/256 X911788-009 and it was in "Logo freeze" state from the begining.

I've read carefully all the info from first post of this thread:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=104153&page=1

1. I've succeded to read dump from chip, tried several times, just in case.
                    2. Tried to open this dump in MeAnalyzer with "-dfpt" option, it shows that dump doesnt have ISHC and also shows the dump is corrupted. (pic1 and pic2)
                    3. FIT - opened this bios dump and it doesnt have any "Integrated Sensor Hub Supported". (pic3) I've tried to clean ME and build new bin using this original bios, but it still freezes at logo.

Then i downloaded new bios with clean ME (pic4 - "File System State - Configured") from this post:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...36&postcount=2
                    and flashed it.

Now i have touch firmware in bios, Touch and ME in device manager are fine, without any issues. But the touch screen still doesnt work.

I've tried to reinstall windows, also tried to recover from USB recovery by this article:
                    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...f-398fc7d62c07

I don't know what to do next, may be i failed some sequence?
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK so surface 7 pro being used normally, no drops or cracks but suddenly the firmware update messes ME firmware in surface , to touch no sound error
                      First time this had happened tried their tech support useless and clueless..
                      downloaded image and made pendrive Win10 and system asked to update me firmware. and to mention when it reboots it tries to update me firmware and take a long time to get to the windows, and reboots asked again and again and on 4th attempt ah got the me back and everything worked. did win 11 and got some firmware updates and good
                      kept it idle for few months. booted and got more firmware updates and back to square one.

now even using the micros system image it is not able to flash the firmware. tried the extract and ubuntu method too and that was also a failure.

any clues how to handle this??

Comment

• SMDFlea
                        SMDFlea commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The ME firmware version is showing 0.0.0.0 ,its corrupt. You would have to make a bios backup using an SPI programmer, then post your backup (and laptop serial number) in one of the 7 pro threads,and someone will try to fix it for you.

Hi Badacaps Team, Is there a way to make the Touch function work if I have lost the original bios? thanks

Comment

The funny things is that my surface 7 pro I tried the old images mixture again and I got to a point where everything got working the me 0.0.0.0 showed a number and then let it be on for 3 days and everything worked. Reboot. Everything worked and disabled wifi no updates. Put pendrive and rebooted back to 0.0.0.0 could the flash chip be bad. How can I take firmware backup when the system is on windows and everything is working?

Comment

• SMDFlea
                          SMDFlea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You will need an SPI bios programmer to make a full backup of the bios chip.

Hi. I understand that for the Touch to work, the Original bios must be edited. my question is. What happens if you no longer have the Original bios, in my case I deleted the original bios without first saving it. thank you

Comment

• SMDFlea
                          SMDFlea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You made a big mistake by not making a backup. You will have to try some bios dumps.

i have surface pro 7 plus touch not working. can help me fix it?
                        SN: 029979614153
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some one can Help me?

Comment

I need help with Surface 4 pro. I've been suffering for several days. There is an original BIOS in which there is no ishc block, therefore the touch screen does not work. Tried many options, nothing helped. Help me get my touch screen back
                            SN: 005038554253
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
                              Vesko356 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Read the rules before posting
                              RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                              • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
                          Working...
                          X