Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by ranlyranly View Post
    Not able to open the unlocker. Keep getting an error.
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

My laptops have two password administrator and power on password i removed administrator password but power on password still there please help..
      Attached Files

Comment

hi i have 840 g5 can somebody help unlocking
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ranlyranly View Post
          Not able to open the unlocker. Keep getting an error.
          Because it is not supposed to be opened. Read first post.

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
            hi i have 840 g5 can somebody help unlocking
            make a copy on both chips and try this.
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

i did not find second one

Comment

Originally posted by N0f3ar View Post
                i did not find second one
                found it on the back of the mainboard

i will try now

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  make a copy on both chips and try this.

Only orange led for the charger

I have tried both bios back to origina state, the laptop also did not power on only full speed fan
                  No display

Comment

Is this rar-file File "HPUnlocker_v1.rar (4.65 MB, 3140 views)" broken?

Comment

Originally posted by satoichiro View Post
                      Is this rar-file File "HPUnlocker_v1.rar (4.65 MB, 3140 views)" broken?
                      it's ok..what problem do you have ??

Comment

Work perfect with 850G2 touch.
                        Thank you all!

Comment

On HP 840 g6 bios password was removed but admin password is still intact

so i can not access bios , any ideas?

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Am0rPHiA View Post
                            On HP 840 g6 bios password was removed but admin password is still intact

so i can not access bios , any ideas?

thanks in advance
                            post both original bios

Comment

Hello, I tried the tool for an HP 470 G5. I flashed with a CH341A into the chip (25B127DSIG I find no datasheet about it), but the Power-on Authentication still appears on log in.
                              Could you give a look to my original bios bin?
                              Thanks in advance
                              Attached Files

Comment

post both original bios
                                here are the bioses

i did not remove the power on password, someone else did , i tried to remove the bios admin pass unsuccessfully
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Am0rPHiA; 09-10-2020, 02:55 AM.

Comment

here are the bioses

i did not remove the power on password, someone else did , i tried to remove the bios admin pass unsuccessfully
                                  look on the motherboard .. do you still have a bios chip ?? post that bios too..see on the other side of the board ..

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                    AA55 must stay as it is. And zeroing is not exactly the right word. You need to copy clean UserCred section with the same length from another file. There are other values in that section which have to be present for it to work. That's the main reason I did not want to clear up to AA55 automatically.
                                    Hello again, I read through this thread and came up with all of your comments. You are right, this section also needs to be replaced from a Non-locked bios to remove the Power-On Authentication. For my bios dump I did the following:

1. Use the HPUnlocker_v1 tool to create an unlocked .bin.
                                    2. Open this unlocked bin file with HxD Editor.
                                    3. Search (Ctrl+F) for the keyword "UserCred" as Unicode. Note: In my case this appeared three times, but only one of them is the section needed.
                                    4. Select from the beginning (Starting in 55 00 73 00 65 00 72 00) until the flag "AA 55" appeared. This was of length "DE6" (hex) or 3558 (dec).
                                    5a. Open the empty file provided by peste and select/copy exactly the same section as in the previous step.
                                    try..
                                    5b. To make it easier for anyone, I attached the template as "empty-user-power-on-template.bin", so you only need to copy it directly, instead of doing step 5a.
                                    6. Paste write (Ctrl+B) the template into the selected section from step 4.
                                    7. Double check that the file has the same size as before replacing the template. (Ctrl+A), in my case the length was 1000000 hex.
                                    8. Save it as a new bin file.
                                    9. Flash this file into your chip. (I used flashrom in Linux, I can really recommend it)
                                    10. On booting i found a "Post Error" saying the memory size is different from last time, i pressed enter. Now there is no password on boot nor on bios!
                                    11. Just to make sure, go to bios > security and reset the security to default.

I hope that is helpful for someone in the future. If more people can confirm this method it could be possible to automate this process inside the HPUnlocker tool, right?

Thanks to RethoricalCheese for his tool and to all the guys posting here!
                                    Attached Files

Comment

look on the motherboard .. do you still have a bios chip ?? post that bios too..see on the other side of the board ..
                                      the bioses i posted were taken from the chip which i desoldered, the first one is the "untouched" and the second one is the unlocked which was created from the unlock tool. What to check on the other side? there is only one bios chip 25q256jev

Comment

the bioses i posted were taken from the chip which i desoldered, the first one is the "untouched" and the second one is the unlocked which was created from the unlock tool. What to check on the other side? there is only one bios chip 25q256jev
                                        we ask you if there is another bios chip on the motherboard, apart from the 33MB one, it is usually on the other side of the motherboard compared to the 33 mb one and it has 16mb..if you don't have another chip try this. ..if the password does not disappear, then the password is in the I / O chip ..
                                        Attached Files

Comment

we ask you if there is another bios chip on the motherboard, apart from the 33MB one, it is usually on the other side of the motherboard compared to the 33 mb one and it has 16mb..if you don't have another chip try this. ..if the password does not disappear, then the password is in the I / O chip ..
                                          unfortunately it didnt work, still asks for admin password when trying to access bios

Comment

Working...
                                          X