Originally posted by piszpunta View Post
      lenovo T490s
      motherboard FT491/FX390 NM-B891 REV 2.0
      sn:PC-1CV0B4

Not Booting Up Only Fan Running, No Display
      please help
      try clean ME bios.
      Attached Files
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      https://www.badcaps.net/donate/
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Re: Lenovo T490s bios password request.

Originally posted by volinakis View Post
        try clean ME bios.
        Unfortunately it does not work

Comment

Unfortunately it does not work
          try this, bios region replaced with last update.
          Attached Files

Comment

doesn't work

Comment

doesn't work
              maybe is EC - i think is MEC1663 - try to write it.
              Last edited by volinakis; 11-03-2023, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I need working mec dump
                Attached Files
                Last edited by piszpunta; 11-05-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

HELLO EVERY ONE CAN HELP ME REMOVE SUPERVISOR PASSWOR
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi anyone can help i have Absolute Enable but No Bios Password
                  anyone can disable it?

Lenovo T490s
                  Sn: PC1F1WZK
                  Board Number: FT491 FX390 NM B891 FEV 2.0

thanks in advance
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krogs214 View Post
                    anyone can disable it?

Lenovo T490s

thanks in advance
                    try
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by krogs214 View Post
                      anyone can disable it?

Lenovo T490s

thanks in advance
                      Try
                      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

try
                        hi its working

thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Try
                          thank you also

Comment

I was experimenting on a T490s that has no password but absolute activated. I want to disable it of course. I thought it would be in the MEC1663 but I was wrong as I know with password reset with the MEC trick works to gets rid of Absolute or Computrace on other models. Secondly examining the last request original BIOS and fix applied by volinakis and hoaca388. I decided to compare my BIOS image and make the two adjustments I see in the fix with no luck. Am I missing something here? Or is the value different per activation and deactivation?

My untouched BIOS image before I made changes.

Lenovo T490s
                            Sn: MJ-0CJQ2R
                            TN: 20NY-S3L500
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioTL View Post
                              I was experimenting on a T490s that has no password but absolute activated. I want to disable it of course. I thought it would be in the MEC1663 but I was wrong as I know with password reset with the MEC trick works to gets rid of Absolute or Computrace on other models. Secondly examining the last request original BIOS and fix applied by volinakis and hoaca388. I decided to compare my BIOS image and make the two adjustments I see in the fix with no luck. Am I missing something here? Or is the value different per activation and deactivation?

My untouched BIOS image before I made changes.

Lenovo T490s
                              Sn: MJ-0CJQ2R
                              try
                              Attached Files

Comment

try
                                Unfortunately it did not work. I do see what I did on my attempt that screwed me up however. I noticed the difference between yours and hoaca that there were 2 changes where yours was only one. Would that be the issue?

Comment

Unfortunately it did not work. I do see what I did on my attempt that screwed me up however. I noticed the difference between yours and hoaca that there were 2 changes where yours was only one. Would that be the issue?
                                  there are too many AbtState invalidated. It should have worked since AbtState is invalidated, i did tens of lenovos in that way. Did you enter in bios setup to Security-Absolute and disable it? Remove CMOS battery if you forget to do it and press power button for 30s, start laptop without battery.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by volinakis; 07-30-2024, 03:19 PM.

Comment

there are too many AbtState invalidated. It should have worked since AbtState is invalidated, i did tens of lenovos in that way. Did you enter in bios setup to Security-Absolute and disable it? Remove CMOS battery if you forget to do it and press power button for 30s, start laptop without battery.
                                    I take it back. It worked. For some reason this morning I managed to have it boot without the Absolute activated before I was about to try your suggestions. Strange, but happy nontheless. Thanks for the help!

Now to make my day brighter, I hope to get this E15 working after a botched BIOS update.

Comment

Ok, so I attempted to modify another BIOS with the same AbtState enabled. I thought it would be easy to modify though UEFItools but of course the option is greyed out. The older UEFItools I've used can extract but it's not as simple as the HEX view from the newer version as it isolates that particular item. I've looked at other posts about how to change this option AA553F to AA553C , but I have noticed from Hexviewer that this option is not always located near the AbtState or it may not be for AbtState at all. My head hurts between this and a E15 Bios issue.

I hate asking for help, but I would greatly appreciate a fix for one more laptop. I want to learn, and I spent a good 3 hours last night at home in front of the screen to find how to go about this. Every time it seems easy on a post, my results are different. I know it will be a slap in the forehead once it clicks on how to do and it's probably pretty easy, but for now I wave the white flag.

Lenovo T490s
                                      SN: MJ-0CJQ2L
                                      Board : FT491/FX390 NM-B891
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Ok, so I attempted to modify another BIOS with the same AbtState enabled. I thought it would be easy to modify though UEFItools but of course the option is greyed out. The older UEFItools I've used can extract but it's not as simple as the HEX view from the newer version as it isolates that particular item. I've looked at other posts about how to change this option AA553F to AA553C , but I have noticed from Hexviewer that this option is not always located near the AbtState or it may not be for AbtState at all. My head hurts between this and a E15 Bios issue.

I hate asking for help, but I would greatly appreciate a fix for one more laptop. I want to learn, and I spent a good 3 hours last night at home in front of the screen to find how to go about this. Every time it seems easy on a post, my results are different. I know it will be a slap in the forehead once it clicks on how to do and it's probably pretty easy, but for now I wave the white flag.

Lenovo T490s
                                        SN: MJ-0CJQ2L
                                        Board : FT491/FX390 NM-B891
                                        AA553F -enabled
                                        AA553C -disabled
                                        remove CMOS battery, that's why you weren't able to disable Absolute from bios setup. At 1st boot enter bios setup Security-Absolute (somemtime Computrace) and permanently disable it.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X