Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bios Password Dell Latitude 5510

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
    Your request doesn't meet the rules. Deliberately changing ID numbers (including VIN, IMEI and so on) is illegal and not condoned or encouraged in any way or for any reason here.
    You may contact an official Dell representative office for further resolution of the matter by presenting proof of purchase/ownership.

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

Apologies, i replaced the motherboard for the customer and wanted to match the service tag that's on the casing.

Comment

Originally posted by mohibr View Post
      Apologies, i replaced the motherboard for the customer and wanted to match the service tag that's on the casing.
      Doesn't matter, I'm sorry. As I said:
      Deliberately changing ID numbers (including VIN, IMEI and so on) is illegal and not condoned or encouraged in any way or for any reason here.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Doesn't matter, I'm sorry. As I said:

No problem, thank you. And again, apologies for breaking any rules, wasn't my intention.

Comment

hi team,

I have a bios protected with lost admin password. I was able to remove the bios chip. The chip is XMC QH256BXIQ. I was able to save the dump from the chip but I dont quite understand what I need to do to remove the password. Yes, i promise I read the guides in the sticky.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

I can load the original dump with UEFI tool and I saved the ME region. The orignal dump is attached

Service tag is FDD2273-8F8C. Dell Latitude 5510.

What do I do next to remove the password ?

I didnt realize that the file did not attach. Please excuse me and attached is the original dump.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vesko356; 09-25-2023, 02:49 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro5ive View Post
            i didnt realize that the file did not attach. Please excuse me and attached is the original dump.
            aaaaa
            Attached Files

Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
              aaaaa
              Hi. Thanks for helping. Am i supposed to do anything with the ME region from either of the files or do I just write the new .bin without modifications ?

Thanks

Also, I want you guys to know that I donated to the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro5ive View Post
                Hi. Thanks for helping. Am i supposed to do anything with the ME region from either of the files or do I just write the new .bin without modifications ?

Thanks

Also, I want you guys to know that I donated to the site.
                You just need to write . There is a problem with your file in the ME region

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

ok, so the password is removed, right ?

You just need to write . There is a problem with your file in the ME region

Its doesn't work. seemed to program ok but when power on, i get blank screen, keyboard lights, and nothing else. no post i guess.

Am i supposed to be able to extract bios img from dell exe and write to the chip ?
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-26-2023, 02:16 AM. Reason: Merged 3 seperate posts

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro5ive
                    Am i supposed to be able to extract bios img from dell exe and write to the chip ?
                    Latitude 5510
                    Attached Files

Comment

Latitude 5510

Can someone explain where these .bin files come from ?
                      Are they extracted from Dell firmware upgrade executables?

Please paste any links to show how these .bin files are obtained. I would like to know so i can help others.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro5ive View Post
                        Can someone explain where these .bin files come from ?
                        Are they extracted from Dell firmware upgrade executables?

Please paste any links to show how these .bin files are obtained. I would like to know so i can help others.
                        bin files are obtained by reading bios chipset of laptop, obviously. Read BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools and you'll find How to dump and flash bios chipsets.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=phoenix+bios
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                        all donations are welcome,
                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                        >>>>>
                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,

I would have the opportunity to buy a Dell Latitude 5510 (Service-Number 3RGD9C3-8FC8) from a bankruptcy at a low price. Is there a chance to reset the unknown boot password? UEFI is also installed. I also don't have access to the Windows 10 operating system that is already installed.

I have already removed the CMOS battery for a few minutes, but no change.

Likewise, I have tried step 3.4 from the instructions, without success. Or I have done something wrong.

In another post for BIOS problems I saw that there .bin files were attached and through this way a solution was found. Is there with my constellation also the possibility to provide this file?

Comment

Originally posted by Error*404 View Post
                            Hi,

I would have the opportunity to buy a Dell Latitude 5510 (Service-Number 3RGD9C3-8FC8) from a bankruptcy at a low price. Is there a chance to reset the unknown boot password? UEFI is also installed. I also don't have access to the Windows 10 operating system that is already installed.

I have already removed the CMOS battery for a few minutes, but no change.

Likewise, I have tried step 3.4 from the instructions, without success. Or I have done something wrong.

In another post for BIOS problems I saw that there .bin files were attached and through this way a solution was found. Is there with my constellation also the possibility to provide this file?
                            YES , post backup bios file here and servise tag number.

Comment

Thank you very much for your answer.
                              Is it also possible to create a BIOS backup without having access to the BIOS and OS?
                              Do you know a good how to guide?

Comment

Hi!
                                Please help. Please remove the BIOS password!
                                FDW50 LA-J381P rev:1.0
                                System number: 50TN1F3-8FC8
                                Thank you..
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder1986 View Post
                                  Hi!
                                  Thank you..
                                  Hello try this 8MB file from your original file ... let me know
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                                    Hello try this 8MB file from your original file ... let me know
                                    Thank You very mutch! Working.
                                    You are master

Comment

Originally posted by Thunder1986 View Post
                                      Hi!
                                      Thank you..
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125468

Comment

help me! the computer cannot be turned off completely
                                        st : 38W3C93
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by trunguntilyou View Post
                                          help me! the computer cannot be turned off completely
                                          st : 38W3C93
                                          i cannt deactivate Absolute

Comment

Working...
                                          X