No announcement yet.

RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey I am trying to unlock an HP Elitebook 830 G7. I am very new to this, so are there step by step instructions on what to do in order to use this RCUnlocker?

Comment

Originally posted by RafiRiz29 View Post
      Hey I am trying to unlock an HP Elitebook 830 G7. I am very new to this, so are there step by step instructions on what to do in order to use this RCUnlocker?
      Drag and drop the file you want to unlock into the Rcunlocker.exe file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

RCUnlocker can disable computrace or only password?

Comment

Originally posted by deeptenk View Post
          RCUnlocker can disable computrace or only password?
          only password
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

only password
            Thanks.

Comment

hey

been using the tool for some years, but on my new computer i only get pyhton script error, really no matter what i do ..

attached the dump if someone could patch it for me? Probook 450 G6,

regards
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mumserik View Post
              hey

been using the tool for some years, but on my new computer i only get pyhton script error, really no matter what i do ..

attached the dump if someone could patch it for me? Probook 450 G6,

regards
              No problem
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                This is a multitool and unlocker for several series of laptops. Works on Windows. No python etc installing needed, all included in package. Everything is tested by myself but since every laptop is not made equally, there might be edge cases. Always VERIFY your file after reading!!!

Unlocking
                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
                Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
                Apple - everything older than T2
                More to come...

Information display (helps to verify file integrity)
                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Custom logo removal
                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

In case there are problems with unlocking your laptop, write a short description of the issue, upload original file and if possible, _unlocked.bin file aswell. Just crying for help is useless. Keep the topic as clean as possible.

You may ask for feature requests, I'll see what I can do.
                TESTED TO UNLOCK BIOS ELITEBOOK 840 G7 THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Comment

Hi I am running into a problem with a HP 840 G5 that won't boot after using the tool. I have used the tool multiple times successfully before but for some reason this time it isn't. Heres the steps I did.

- I desoldered the 16MB chip on the back of the motherboard and programmed it with RCUnlocker then soldered it back on
                  - I attempted to boot the device and the speakers beeped at me and then I remembered I forgot to put the RAM back
                  -I put the ram back in and then booted the laptop succesfully I tried to get to the bios to reset security settings but wasn't able to.
                  - The bios said "completing last step of the bios update do not power off" after that finished the embedded controller security error showed up
                  - The laptop then powered off and now it won't boot again. The caps lock blinks 5 times and the laptop won't power on anymore.

I tried removing the 16MB chip and programming it again and soldering it back on again but now the caps lock is just a solid light, no blinking and the laptop does not turn on. I tried unplugging the cmos and draining the power but it did not do anything.

Did the main bios chip get corrupt? I don't have a backup of the 32MB chip only the 16MB.
                  Last edited by hypermk735; 03-25-2024, 03:55 PM.

Comment

there's a strong possibility that your main BIOS chip has become corrupted.I assume you tried a full power reset

Comment

Originally posted by B Tree View Post
                      there's a strong possibility that your main BIOS chip has become corrupted.I assume you tried a full power reset
                      Yes I already tried a full power drain to try to recover the bios but no luck. Would you happen to know how I can get a clean bios for 840 G5 with MPM unlocked?

Comment

Hi guys I'm struggling with unlocking this particular HP EliteBook 645 g9, this tool keeps failing to unlock
                        I split the main bios the lower part is the one containing the PW it's 16MB so now I can use your script on it
                        Well the file I get in the output is the same as the original, I compare both they're identical
                        any suggestion how to clean it SN#5CD3291R3D MB: DAX9SFMB8A1 REV:A
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                          Hi guys I'm struggling with unlocking this particular HP EliteBook 645 g9, this tool keeps failing to unlock
                          I split the main bios the lower part is the one containing the PW it's 16MB so now I can use your script on it
                          Well the file I get in the output is the same as the original, I compare both they're identical
                          At 1st boot press F10 and RESET BIOS to factory defaults, save, restart and password will go on. After that enter in to bios setup and in Main tab you have "set machine unique data" and write there what it's written on the label inside the cover.

Or use this HP BCU TOOL ( BIOS Configuration Utility) to fill the DMI info
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post

At 1st boot press F10 and RESET BIOS to factory defaults, save, restart and password will go on. After that enter in to bios setup and in Main tab you have "set machine unique data" and write there what it's written on the label inside the cover.

Or use this HP BCU TOOL ( BIOS Configuration Utility) to fill the DMI info
                            The laptop is not booting anymore only charging LED is permanently lit
                            what tool did you use? RCUnocker? IDK why it didn't work for me I'm confused

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                              first boot press f10 reset bios to factory defaults and exit, 2nd boot reset security settings to daults and exit.
                              you can disable permanently the absolute lock in BCU tool.
                              here's your DMI info. use bcu:

Serial Number: 5CD3291R3D
                              Product Number: 6J5H9AV
                              CT Number: PREBK068JIB04V
                              Description: HP EliteBook 645 14 inch G9
                              build_id: 22WWTPCZ601#SABF#DABF
                              Feature Byte: 476J6S6b7B7H7M7Q7W7m7saBaEapaqauawbhcAfPguhKhkjhk8mEn7nWpDpFpnpqprqjqz.Hg
                              MAC Address: BC-0F-F3-8A-2E-7F
                              Attached Files

Comment

The charging LED being perm lit suggested to me that the bios isn't being read (faulty ic maybe)
                                And so I've tried the one before once more with a new IC it worked fine. Thank you both for your help

Comment

Just wondering what file is missing and how to fix this problem .
                                  I have 4 HP probooks to remove the bios password

Comment

Hi does anyone know the correct way to remove a bios password off of a HP with a 32MB ec chip? I have 20 ProBook 450 G8 laptops that need to be unlocked for a client. I have had success in the past using RCunlocker from rhetoricalcheese on 840 G6 and 840 G5 but the tool only works on 16MB ec chips not 32MB.

I could ask someone to unlock a bin file for me but I need to do this over 20 times so I need to learn the method.

I have a working unlocked MAIN + EC bin from another laptop if that helps

I tried to flash those working bins to a unlocked laptop and used some tool to change the dmi info to match the serial but the laptop doesn't boot so I assume I can't do it that way. Please help!

Comment

SMDFlea in the thread it says 440 g8 will this script work for 450 G8 as well? And what about others 32MB models.

Comment

• SMDFlea
                                      SMDFlea commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Works with all with a 32MB EC. Its quicker using a hex editor though.

Hi,
                                    I am new here. I have a HP EliteBook 850 G5 with bios locked with a password and want to unlock it.
                                    Just trying to understand how to use this tool. What is the .bin file. How to generate that .bin file

Comment

Working...
                                    X