Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Hi,
    Kindly help me to unlock Hp EliteBook 8470p, it has BIOS administrator password.
    If there's a solution, I request you to give step by step instructions on how to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by McAaron View Post
      Hi,
      Kindly help me to unlock Hp EliteBook 8470p, it has BIOS administrator password.
      If there's a solution, I request you to give step by step instructions on how to do it.
      see post #1
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hello Sirs, late to game here. Id like to use the tool but it absolutely refuses to run on any machine I have. win 10 or 11. I downloaded the file, unzipped, tried to run it it opens to: "Missing file destination argument!" Please tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong here. thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasticallyFurstraited View Post
          Hello Sirs, late to game here. Id like to use the tool but it absolutely refuses to run on any machine I have. win 10 or 11. I downloaded the file, unzipped, tried to run it it opens to: "Missing file destination argument!" Please tell me what I'm missing or doing wrong here. thanks in advance.
          Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Can someone please help me here? I am a newbie in this and do not know how to find bin file. Can the instructions be more clear? Step by step?

Comment

Originally posted by idumsat View Post
              Can someone please help me here? I am a newbie in this and do not know how to find bin file. Can the instructions be more clear? Step by step?
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello.

I have a Zbook 15 G2 and for the life in me started asking me for a bios password which has never been set in the first place and I tried removing the bios battery but it keeps retaining the password. Can you guys help me out and let me know if you need any info from me and of course please tell me how to extract it

Thank you !

Comment

Hi,

Is there any chance this might for an HP Elite X2 1012 G2?

Thanks!

Comment

Yes, it does.

Comment

Perfect tool.Work flawlessly!

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                        Yes, it does.
                        Thank you!
                        So I still need to manage to get a dump of the bios to use it and put that .bin file into the same folder as the .exe file of your unlocker?

Trying to find out what I need to buy without having to remove the chip from the mainboard as I've seen people managed to do it without removing the chip.

Thanks!

Comment

That model has wson8 chip so you would either need a hot air station or solder very thin wires directly between chip and programmer.

In case of soic8, it's pretty much always possible to do without it using a soic8 clip.

Comment

So there's basically no way without removing it?

Comment

By soldering wires, it might work

Comment

Unlocked 8470p, all good! Great tool!

Replaced CMOS battery while at at - why does HP wrap it into plastic ... Slightly shorted a good 2032 Duracell while attaching wires.

The program gives an error at the end, but that does not seem to impact anything, and the unlocked bios is produced OK.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing the RCUnlocker

Comment

Btw, I highly recommend the very simple wire-less SOIC clips that go for $2 on eBay from China.

One can simply attached wires to the clip, and the other ends to Raspberry Pi. I had 20cm wires. To create some room for wires to be attached, I bent clip's pins into the middle and out in a staggered way.

I saw some pictures out there where the clip wires go to a break out board first, and then have to get connected to Raspberry. That's an extra step, and tons of possible confusion.

See pictures.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by fixit007; 11-19-2023, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Come on guys! What wrong with you? It's simply to find on youtube how to use this utility! Put your bios dump to folder with rcunlocker.exe and than just drag your bin file to the program shortcut

Comment

hello guys.

i have some problems with
                                        model: 640 G8 with 32MB ROM

i have tried to overwrite the specified sectors. after each boot it resets the chip to the original value.... Is there another version of RCUnlocker for 32MB or how can I find the right sectors?

thanks for your help!

Comment

You need to modify EC bios, not main bios. Address 37000.

Comment

• Palimpu
                                            Palimpu commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            Thank you for your feedback.

I have made the changes starting from address 37000. However, it appears that it is somehow being written back from a RAM. Presumably, this is because I did not disconnect the CMOS battery. I left it installed because I'm concerned it might erase the TPM.
                                        Working...
                                        X