Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Originally posted by webdan View Post
    I`ve a HP EliteBook 8470p. Bios with password. I`ve tried to remove the password with the RCUnlocker v.01, but i got this error:
    ignore the error, write the bios like this... first make a copy of the bios...
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I`ve a HP EliteBook 8470p. Bios with password. I`ve tried to remove the password with the RCUnlocker v.01, but i got this error:
      I run the RCUnlocker 0.1 on Windows 10 x 64.

Comment

I run the RCUnlocker 0.1 on Windows 10 x 64.
        you solved? if not, put a backup here

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post
          you solved? if not, put a backup here
          Works.

(I always make a backup of BIOS bin file).

I was very confused by that error - in computers errors are errors. But in spite of the RCUnlocker error, the BIOS password was gone, and an another lesson was learned. Thank for support.

Comment

hi guys is anyone can help me to run hp rc unlocker file

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              Well, that is why I put in place the 32MB restriction. You had to modify 16MB chip (on the other side of the board), not 32MB main bios.
              So, Cheese, does that means that even if I try a model, which your app keeps telling me "Wrong chip. Try reading and unlocking 16MB chip!" I could just go ahead and process the 16MB one? ..Great app! BTW.

The thing about me is that I always been getting the whole content of the HP on the 32MB .bin file, not on the 16MB one. I mean, the: "Product Name, S/N, SKU #, Build ID, Feature Byte, System Board CT Number, MAC Address, etc."

Comment

With 32MB, it just does nothing. You would need to read, modify and write 16MB instead.

And Serial number and such are stored on 32MB differently than on 16MB. Kinda forgot to include info reading from 16MB chip. Got to find some time to make an upgraded version

The error you get on unlocking older models like 8470p just gives an error from trying to display machine information. It will modify and make an unlocked file before it gets to that error so it's okay to ignore it.

Tested this software on hundreds of machines before releasing but it still wasn't enough But looks like there's just 2 main problems and one was made to stop people from modifying wrong bios chips on newer HP models.

Comment

Originally posted by jagadish View Post
                  hi guys is anyone can help me to run hp rc unlocker file
                  read the first post..
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Hi,
                    trying to figure out what bin file should i drop on the exe file. first time running into bios issues, i'm not completely retarded but some pointers are desperately needed.
                    Running win 10 64bit on a probook 650 G3.

Comment

Originally posted by fakkau View Post
                      Hi,
                      trying to figure out what bin file should i drop on the exe file. first time running into bios issues, i'm not completely retarded but some pointers are desperately needed.
                      Running win 10 64bit on a probook 650 G3.
                      You must make a backup of the bios chip using an SPI bios programmer, see: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                        With 32MB, it just does nothing. You would need to read, modify and write 16MB instead.

And Serial number and such are stored on 32MB differently than on 16MB. Kinda forgot to include info reading from 16MB chip. Got to find some time to make an upgraded version

The error you get on unlocking older models like 8470p just gives an error from trying to display machine information. It will modify and make an unlocked file before it gets to that error so it's okay to ignore it.

Tested this software on hundreds of machines before releasing but it still wasn't enough But looks like there's just 2 main problems and one was made to stop people from modifying wrong bios chips on newer HP models.
                        RC:
                        Regarding ZBook 14 G7 and G8 where both BIOS chips are 32MB
                        Do you have any guidance on how to clear the PW?
                        There doesn't seem to be any unlocker tool or any documentation
                        on how to Edit or clear the BIOS PW on these machines?
                        It appears that there are two methods used on this site to "skin the cat":
                        1. Using both BIOS 32MB dumps
                        2. Using just the Main 32MB Bios Dump where you don't have to remove the entire board which saves time.
                        Do you recommend #1 or #2?
                        Thanks!

Comment

I still have not seen so new machines but I would say option 3. Modify 32MB EC bios, not main.

Comment

Originally posted by kudo623 View Post
                            RC:
                            Regarding ZBook 14 G7 and G8 where both BIOS chips are 32MB
                            Do you have any guidance on how to clear the PW?
                            There doesn't seem to be any unlocker tool or any documentation
                            on how to Edit or clear the BIOS PW on these machines?
                            It appears that there are two methods used on this site to "skin the cat":
                            1. Using both BIOS 32MB dumps
                            2. Using just the Main 32MB Bios Dump where you don't have to remove the entire board which saves time.
                            Do you recommend #1 or #2?
                            Thanks!
                            I have unlocked this model once, and what worked for me is that I concentrate on the chip with the info on it. for this I downloaded the bios .exe from the hp website and cleaned the Me section of the original bumped .bin and at the end merged the same image back to both 32MB chip. The let the system deal with it. You need to be very patient with this task. After you put everything together and turn on the laptop, it will not turn on immediately.

For this, it will take some time while everything gets updated. The laptop could turn off and on about 3 or 4 times. Making you think that something went wrong. But just hang tight, as after some time you will see the screen letting you know not to turn off the system while everything gets updated.

On the other hand, would come in handy if Cheese could make us a small utility to extract the info from the chip, such as: Product Name, S/N, SKU #, Build ID, Feature Byte, System Board CT Number, MAC Address, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                              post the original bios..
                              Sorry for my late reply, i've lost your answer.

Attached the original bios. I've tryed the bios alredy unlocked in 8470p thread, but with UEFI enabled there are some problems during power on and power off the OS (seems stuck, but the OS not reporting any error).

This machine has dual graphics, one HD7470 and the i7 integrated one.

Thx in advantage
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I downloaded RCUnlocker, unfortunately I always get info "Missing file destination argument" I put directly on C:, but no help.
                                Please tell me what Im doing wrong!

Comment

You are not dropping your bios dump (.bin) file on the program (.exe file)

Comment

Works perfectly!!!
                                    my bad!!!

Great tool, thank you very much!

Comment

Hello, I have a Dragonfly G2 model & would like to reset the BIOS Administrator Password. 32Mb EC chip dumped.

Can you help me to unlock the file, thank you!
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by domoco View Post
                                        Hello, I have a Dragonfly G2 model & would like to reset the BIOS Administrator Password. 32Mb EC chip dumped.

Unlocked
                                        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by domoco View Post

use RCUnlocker ...read the first post..

Comment

Working...
                                          X