Dell Latitude 7480 Bios Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude 7480 Bios Password

Hi, I need a Bios admin password for this Dell Latitude 7390. Help would be much appreciated. DPR35Y2-E7A8

Comment

Originally posted by favarato View Post
      Hi, I need a Bios admin password for this Dell Latitude 7390. Help would be much appreciated. DPR35Y2-E7A8
      wrong thread, use Search engine of this forum to find right thread for your Latitude 7390.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
      all donations are welcome,
      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
      >>>>>
      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Please Help Remove Password Dell 7480
        S-Tag CHD6PN2

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone help with a Dell latitude 7480 Password Please.
          S/N 3XZ5WT2-6FF1
          I have tried 2SQWwZZxcv4w2M2b and it doesn't seem to work.
          Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rockybhag View Post

Please Help Remove Password Dell 7480
            S-Tag CHD6PN2

Thanks
            Sent to you !!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by simontink View Post
              Can anyone help with a Dell latitude 7480 Password Please.
              S/N 3XZ5WT2-6FF1
              I have tried 2SQWwZZxcv4w2M2b and it doesn't seem to work.
              Thanks in advance.
              Try Password : Zmh[k1L9IsXU2L0n

Comment

Originally posted by minhdigital View Post

Try Password : Zmh[k1L9IsXU2L0n
                Brilliant, thank you so much.

Comment

Originally posted by simontink View Post

Brilliant, thank you so much.

Comment

Hello
                    Can somenone help me
                    Dell 7480 bios pass not working
                    4SXCNH2-6FF1
                    try this pass and say wrong pssword.
                    8b6rD3xvMMWXpMGc

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by pnvd View Post
                      Hello
                      Can somenone help me
                      Dell 7480 bios pass not working
                      4SXCNH2-6FF1
                      try this pass and say wrong pssword.
                      8b6rD3xvMMWXpMGc

thank you
                      BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools:

3.4. Dell

Dell laptops store the password in EC. However, some generators exist depending on the code suffix.
                      See: https://beta.bios-pw.org/ .If the website is offline try: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://bios-pw.org/
                      Note: All passwords must be entered with a US QWERTY Keyboard,you can use a USB one.
                      Note: The 6FF1 suffix has a bug,use your service tag with the 1F5A or BF97 suffix instead,Example: 1234ABC-BF97 .
                      Note: The list of examples does not include some other suffix codes that do work,such as E7A8 .
                      Note: If the BF97 suffix does not work try it with the E7A8 suffix instead.
                      Note: There is no publicly available 8FC8 generator available at the moment.
                      The CTRL-ENTER-ENTER keystroke after the password only applied to laptops with a suffix (xxxxxxx-8FC8 for example), until Dell also required it in some laptops using System Disable 16-Hex algorithm, on which only the Password+ENTER was needed at first and then in some models you needed the CTRL-ENTER-ENTER to properly delete the system passwords, otherwise the password would remain SET upon the automatic system reboot if just doing Password+ENTER until the proper CTRL-ENTER-ENTER keystroke was performed in certain models.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                      Become a Badcaps supporter
                      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                      Thanks to all supporters.​
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        thank you very much

Comment

I have a problem with my Dell Latitude 7420 with servicetag and suffix:

HSBZR72-6FF1

Bios-pw.org generates this password for me: iBtf2nnGBBLC0MBz

In the BIOS i choose unlock and enter this password with control+enter and control+enter (twice)
                          It seems accepting this password. But after rebooting the laptop the Admin password is back on it and I again need to choose Unlock.

The passwords generated with the suffixes BF97 and 1F5A do not work at all.

So the initial generated password when choosing the 6FF1 as a suffix is the working password. But it is not saving my changes. Tried BIOS defaults and Factory Defaults already
                          Last edited by Kobo reader; 02-06-2024, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Vesko356
                            Vesko356 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Off topic! This thread is about Dell Latitude 7480!
                            In addition HSBZR72 is a Service tag for Dell Latitude E7470 not a "Dell Latitude 7420".
                            Read the rules please.
                            RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

Hi,
                          I have Latitude 7480. It was broken by corrupted BIOS.

I managed to repair bios with clean ME + clean bios from official site and put it together with uefitool. I copied EC and GbE region too from original broken bios.

Result: laptop is back to live except one thing.Ethernet LAN card has error 10 in Windows device manager.

I attach two bioses one broken + one fixed by me with error10 problem.
                          Can sameone take a look whats wrong?

Laptop MOBO: CAZ20 LA-E131P REV 2.0 A01
                          Servicetag: 1402QN2
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
                            Vesko356 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Replace the bios region only, and don't "touch" ME Firmware.
                            BTW FwUpdateOemId key is zeroed in your "fixed" bios, i.e. your attempt to clean the ME Firmware is not quite correct/successful.

Vesko356 Replacing just BIOS region fixed everything.

FwUpdateOemId is zeroed right after I choose me region from repository in FIT dont know if thats normal process Im learning Cleaning ME thing so maybe im doing some error.

But DELL is back in action so thank you for pointing me in right direction.

Sorry for post under post but no edit button.

Comment

Hello!

Is there a simple solution for the E7A8 suffix? Failed on beta.bios-pw.org!

Comment

I just wanted give thanks to whoever wrote the "BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools" collection. My motivation for coming here was to unlock my Dell Latitude 7480's bios, which ended it -6FF1. And look what I read:
                            "Note: The 6FF1 suffix has a bug,use your service tag with the 1F5A or BF97 suffix instead,Example: 1234ABC-BF97" - and for me the BF97 suffix worked!
                            The sad/funny thing is that even the official Dell support gave me the wrong unlock password, it differed in one character's capitalisation from the password generated by bios-pw.org. But both these passwords were wrong, but replacing the 6FF1 suffix with the BF97 suffix worked.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X