Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[TUTORIAL] fix asus bios with bios from asus web support (by razor_amd)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [TUTORIAL] fix asus bios with bios from asus web support (by razor_amd)

No the addresses are different
    That was my guess but how to know those?

The end address is 7FF
    You're right. My inattention but that is not 2KB (2048 bytes) also. Then what is 2032 Bytes? For which bios(es)?

The win-raid guide is only for ME firmware
    I mean, I couldn't find these adresses, byte sizes neither OP nor in linked topic.

Frankly, I need such a guide for general knowledge but this topic a bit specific, seemingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemer View Post
      That was my guess ...
      The information given is exemplary, and the purpose of course is to show the principle and sequence of actions in general.
      And of course it does not cover all possible cases.
      If you think you can do it better than the author of the topic, you are welcome to do so.
      If not, use the search engine and find a topic for the specific model you are interested in, and look for more details in it.
      If you have any specific questions upload your dump and ask them there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Ok, I can't do what you mentioned in your first "if" sentence (I wish I can) but I did others already. My question gone to several pages back w/o reply. Special messages didn't replied. So I'm trying to learn from scratch. I'm so hopeless I need patience. But I won't ask more in this topic title. Anyway, thank you both again.

Last sentence, I hope "Bios Request" section will not be closed in the future. There is also very good information

[Mod. Edit-Vesko356] Use the edit button if you want to add something instead of posting a new reply!
        Last edited by Vesko356; 01-27-2024, 12:33 PM. Reason: Posts merged

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          The external images have been added to badcaps. Thanks for the VPN explanation.We do ask members to add their images to badcaps as external image hosts can go offline or close down.
          I had missed this message. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            There are more broken win-raid links besides that one,they will all be updated.. soon
            All broken win-raid links have now been updated throughout the whole forum.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you Razor

Comment

If my ME analyzer say vers 14.0.33.1125 and i need the RGN version but the unique version that have rgn is the corporate verion whta i need to do? in consumer version H

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	226
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	3182592 Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	189
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	3182593
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-21-2024, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• SMDFlea
                  SMDFlea commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Use the next oldest or newer consumer version H .Using a slightly older/newer one is usually ok

I am not a bios expert but as many have seen, the guide in question is no longer applicable on many Asus models. For example, Asus provides files that appear to only need to be changed in size but which are actually encrypted. The model on which the guide is based is now many years old and many things have changed

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                  I am not a bios expert but as many have seen, the guide in question is no longer applicable on many Asus models. For example, Asus provides files that appear to only need to be changed in size but which are actually encrypted. The model on which the guide is based is now many years old and many things have changed
                  You`re right that its no longer applicable on many Asus models,but there`s still some useful info. All the other guides will become outdated as well over time.Its up to our members to write newer guides,we will gladly sticky them in the Bios guides thread.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for you
                    Razor AMD.

Comment

Working...
                    X