Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer F5-572G - black screen when changing boot to Legacy

Hi all,
    I have this laptop Acer F5-572G-70SS Model NO: N15Q1 with i7-6500U and nVidia 940M that acts very weird. Board is DA0ZRWMB6G0 Rev. G. Laptop is powering on but it shows no image.

What i've done so far:
    - check for shorts, measure power rails, all ok
    - tried Fn+ESC bios recovery from USB .fd bios file. Recovery went ok, reflashed latest bios 1.18A(from Acer website) and laptop is powering on with image. But... it defaults to UEFI boot and as soon as i switch to Lecacy boot black screen again. I did USB recovery again(it works everytime) and i tried to continue to setup the laptop with UEFI boot but things are not ok there too. Windows and drivers install fine but the laptop won't shut down properly(leds and fan stay on) and it won't wakeup from sleep nor enter sleep properly(leds and fan stay on)
    - so i searched and reflashed bios(pretty sure it's a bios problem). Found a few files on this forum(users are reporting the files are ok), flashed them but no luck. Laptop is powering on but no image.

My question is: is this a bios problem and i don't have the correct bios? Or should i look elsewhere? nVidia chip?

I attached the bios dump.
    I appreciate any opinions you have.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Acer F5-572G - black screen when changing boot to Legacy

Originally posted by DaniK View Post
    Hi all,
    I have this laptop Acer F5-572G-70SS Model NO: N15Q1 with i7-6500U and nVidia 940M that acts very weird. Board is DA0ZRWMB6G0 Rev. G. Laptop is powering on but it shows no image.

What i've done so far:
    - check for shorts, measure power rails, all ok
    - tried Fn+ESC bios recovery from USB .fd bios file. Recovery went ok, reflashed latest bios 1.18A(from Acer website) and laptop is powering on with image. But... it defaults to UEFI boot and as soon as i switch to Lecacy boot black screen again. I did USB recovery again(it works everytime) and i tried to continue to setup the laptop with UEFI boot but things are not ok there too. Windows and drivers install fine but the laptop won't shut down properly(leds and fan stay on) and it won't wakeup from sleep nor enter sleep properly(leds and fan stay on)
    - so i searched and reflashed bios(pretty sure it's a bios problem). Found a few files on this forum(users are reporting the files are ok), flashed them but no luck. Laptop is powering on but no image.

My question is: is this a bios problem and i don't have the correct bios? Or should i look elsewhere? nVidia chip?

I attached the bios dump.
    I appreciate any opinions you have.
    Thanks
    try..
    Attached Files
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      try..
      I just flashed your bios, it powers on with image. I entered bios to change from UEFI boot to Legacy and after saving and exiting bios the laptop show no image again. I am pretty sure that after i reflash your bios again it will power on fine, this is until i change to Legacy boot.

Any ideas?
      Thanks

Comment

I just flashed your bios, it powers on with image. I entered bios to change from UEFI boot to Legacy and after saving and exiting bios the laptop show no image again. I am pretty sure that after i reflash your bios again it will power on fine, this is until i change to Legacy boot.

Any ideas?
        Thanks
        change the bios chip ..
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

All the bioses that i tried were written on a new chip. Original chip gives me some error when i try to program/erase.

Comment

All the bioses that i tried were written on a new chip. Original chip gives me some error when i try to program/erase.
            Peste means change the IC chip

Comment

Set a bios password then you should be able to change settings.

What programmer and software version are you using ?
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                Peste means change the IC chip
                I bought a new Winbond 25Q64 and i use it for testing bioses. Old bios chip has some problems when i try to write or erase.

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                Set a bios password then you should be able to change settings.

What programmer and software version are you using ?
                I am using an Orange5 Universal EEPROM & MCU Programmer and latest software 1.36. I did comparison after writing, all ok.
                I dont understand the bios pass stuff? If i set a pass will i be able to do what?

Thank you guys for your support!

Comment

Ive never used an Orange5 ,i was expecting you to say a CH341A ,thats the one that most members have problems with.
                  Use the bos posted by @peste ,set a password and see if changing to legacy settings will be saved after a reboot .
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

So i followed your advice. I programmed Peste's bios on the good/new chip, put the chip on the board and power on. Got image and went to bios to se password and then saved and exit. I entered bios one more time to change from uefi to legacy boot, save and exit and after that black screen only. The same as before. If i recover bios from Fn+ESC with official bios 1.18 (file ZRW.fd on usb) i'm back to image on screen and default settings in bios.
                    I'm thinking this is another problem and not the bios.
                    Thank you very much!

Comment

This is a gpu related issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X