• Show
Clear All

Lenovo y530 - bios fix please

Laptop don't show dedicated GPU

Thanks for help.

-pl1801 have only 1.35v - not 1.55
    -pl5801 0.8v
    Attached Files
    Last edited by darckreign1984; 04-26-2023, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Re: Lenovo y530 - bios fix please

Post the laptop serial number

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Post the laptop serial number

THIS ON THE BACK, i dont know if its what needet, i dont know if it the original back of the laptoop.

laptop have i5 8300h
        and i think nvidia 1050 not TI because i see some missing mosfet

SN/ PF1RASG0

Comment

Originally posted by darckreign1984 View Post
          Laptop don't show dedicated GPU

Thanks for help.

-pl1801 have only 1.35v - not 1.55
          -pl5801 0.8v
          Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI.
          Attached Files
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
            Here's your New BIOS, it's a Virgin BIOS from Lenovo with your DMI.
            thanks, nvidia gpu missing like before.

i think now for sure ts other problem.

Comment

Re: Lenovo LEGION Y530-15ICH (NM-B701) need EC and BIOS files

Hi everybody plz someone clean this bios for me just white light without picture
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hichamhb View Post
                Hi everybody plz someone clean this bios for me just white light without picture
                Read the rules before posting:
                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.​
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Heya BadCaps, we have a Lenovo Legion Y730-15ICH (81HD) here with serial number MP1JGW5Z.

The computer would perform fine in Windows but the BIOS was super crazy slow to POST and god forbid you needed to change a setting. We tried running the BIOS update from the Lenovo page (it said we were already up to date) and the ME FW update as well (it hung at 24% and never progressed.) We did a hard reset and it hangs on the BIOS logo screen.

I tried flashing one of the "clean ME" images found in this thread (unclear if those still need further editing) and now it doesn't even seem to power on, which is weird.

I'm attaching the rip of the BIOS chip (Winbond 25Q128JVSQ) we performed before attempting manual flashes. UEFITool says it appears to be corrupted, and I assume that's correct given the failed ME update. It may also be that the chip is failing.

Any advice (or a usable BIOS image) would be greatly appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by compcellinfo View Post
                    Heya BadCaps, we have a Lenovo Legion Y730-15ICH (81HD) here with serial number MP1JGW5Z.

The computer would perform fine in Windows but the BIOS was super crazy slow to POST and god forbid you needed to change a setting. We tried running the BIOS update from the Lenovo page (it said we were already up to date) and the ME FW update as well (it hung at 24% and never progressed.) We did a hard reset and it hangs on the BIOS logo screen.

I tried flashing one of the "clean ME" images found in this thread (unclear if those still need further editing) and now it doesn't even seem to power on, which is weird.

I'm attaching the rip of the BIOS chip (Winbond 25Q128JVSQ) we performed before attempting manual flashes. UEFITool says it appears to be corrupted, and I assume that's correct given the failed ME update. It may also be that the chip is failing.

Backup fault.
                    Attached Files

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                    Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by compcellinfo View Post

We managed to get the system to boot (albeit with the same slow POST behavior) using one of the images from this thread. Afterward we updated the ME FW successfully but still with the same weird behavior in the BIOS. As a last-ditch experiment we've ordered a replacement chip that we'll try flashing with the same BIOS and swapping in.

Comment

tested bin with gtx1050ti
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by rui4892; 10-31-2023, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X