Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 NEED BIOS. HELP!

Originally posted by tccyo22 View Post
    I have Surface Pro 7 where the touch screen has just decided to stop working (the screen is original with no damage) error code 10 in device manager for Intel Precision Touch Device STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR. Started with a removal and update of all drivers from the surface website but no joy, didn't think I would as I have no touch in UEFI either.

I've tried a spare screen using the board from the original screen (I don't have a spare board currently) and cleaned the ME based on settings from what I believe to be a working BIOS dump from another SP7 but have no touch still, before I order a touch screen board I just want to sanity check my BIOS files with someone who is much better experienced with these and can check against their own?
    Just realised the compressed file only contained my cleaned BIOS. I've reattached with both the original dump and cleaned version.

And with an update to this, a new board and lcd assembly and still no touch with a cleaned ME, checked in the no touch thread about the sensor hub but it hasn't helped me. This is where it's new to me if the touch firmware portion of the BIOS is broken. I've tried once more to update with the microsoft firmwares but no luck. The UEFI is reporting touch firmware 3.1.75.139.

If anyone can point me in a direction where to go next I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone can take my BIOS and try it on their SP7 to see if they can get touch to work.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello!
      My Surface pro 7 show logo 1 sec and off.
      Here is my bios dump.
      Any one can help?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I tried all the bios files that were posted in this thread and the result is the same. My SPro 7 still turns off after 5 seconds of the logo.

I checked the pins with a scope and there definitely is an activity on CLK, I0 and I1 lines, so it really seems like the problem is in the bios itself.

Can somebody please provide a clean bios that's not attached to any specific serial number? I unfortunately don't have the original bios to work with.

Comment

Can anyone please take a look and repair my dump file. After an update I lost touch screen function. I have Intel precise touch and Touch Firmware in Device Manager with yellow triangle.
          Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi guys

I need to remove computrace (mdm)
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi fellow BadCappers
              I finally managed to find a working bios, however the ME region is not cleaned and all my attempts to clean it failed (once I clean the region the tablet just turns on and - after half a second - off).

Can anybody more experienced with ME cleaning please help me? I am attaching the BIOS that is currently working (apart from ME not being cleaned and thus the tablet only runs at 0.5 GHz, touch is not working, etc.).
              Attached Files

Comment

microsoft surface pro 7 with efi password model is:1866 with512gb storage ....serial num is:030613110553 ori file is attached ...help me remove password
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alihomee View Post
                  microsoft surface pro 7 with efi password model is:1866 with512gb storage ....serial num is:030613110553 ori file is attached ...help me remove password
                  Unlocked:
                  Attached Files
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.​
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                    Unlocked:
                    thanks man it works like a rocket

Comment

When I write the original bios software of surface pro 7 to a different bios chip, the device often does not turn on. Once opened, it didn't recognize the ME software either. Is it possible that there is information identifying the chip in this bios software?

Comment

hello good morning my surface need to be cleaned please
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xbresk View Post
                          hello good morning my surface need to be cleaned please
                          Its not exactly clear what you mean by "cleaned" ,do you mean clean the ME firmware.Do you mean the bios isn`t working properly and you want it fixing. Do you mean it has a password,if so then say it has a password.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                            Its not exactly clear what you mean by "cleaned" ,do you mean clean the ME firmware.Do you mean the bios isn`t working properly and you want it fixing. Do you mean it has a password,if so then say it has a password.

hi i mean remove password . unlock. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tccyo22 View Post
                              Just realised the compressed file only contained my cleaned BIOS. I've reattached with both the original dump and cleaned version.

And with an update to this, a new board and lcd assembly and still no touch with a cleaned ME, checked in the no touch thread about the sensor hub but it hasn't helped me. This is where it's new to me if the touch firmware portion of the BIOS is broken. I've tried once more to update with the microsoft firmwares but no luck. The UEFI is reporting touch firmware 3.1.75.139.

If anyone can point me in a direction where to go next I would really appreciate it. Or if anyone can take my BIOS and try it on their SP7 to see if they can get touch to work.
                              I tested your FW (me cleaned version) on my Surface and it works great (including touch). Thank you for sharing it - I hope it helps you in diagnosing your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Prott View Post
                                I tested your FW (me cleaned version) on my Surface and it works great (including touch). Thank you for sharing it - I hope it helps you in diagnosing your issue.
                                Different bios without own original me region did it completely worked?

Comment

Originally posted by ahmypc View Post
                                  Different bios without own original me region did it completely worked?
                                  Yes, I used the version with a clean ME region that tccyo22 provided in the archive. The tablet is working 100 % (turboing as expected, no lockdowns, no battery limit, touch is working, etc.).

Comment

Please help to unlock my bios (surface pro 7)
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi, I bought a used surface pro 7 about a month ago, it was working fine but its just started boot looping, it boots sometimes but boot loops most times, do I have any hope of recovering this device? Thanks.

Comment

hi
                                        need help to unlock surface 1866
                                        my backup bios aatched
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lap12 View Post
                                          hi
                                          need help to unlock surface 1866
                                          my backup bios aatched
                                          Unlocked:
                                          Attached Files
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Working...
                                          X