Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp elite x2 1013 g3

Originally posted by taojung View Post
    My question is what the 1-MB Winbond chip is for.
    It's not the bios chip, if that's what you want to know. Could be Thunderbolt firmware or something else - doesn't matter, don't "play" with it...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Please unlock the bios. Thank you
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by malexmog View Post
        Please unlock the bios. Thank you
        Read the 16MB chip and use RCUnlocker to remove the password.

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

Comment

I need to change DMI data of this, so first need unlock MPM mode. is that possible without SMC.bin file?

edit bioses manually result in no DMI data at all
          Attached Files

Comment

I managed to enter in MPM mode doing this:

1- Desolder big bios chip (W25Q256 make a backup before anything else) modify something random, i mean change some bits randomly and write into the chip, solder the chip into his place and start the tablet. This forces the f***ing surestart to autorepair the bios but all DMI info will remain blank. (if your tablet doesn't start showing flashes in the caps lock and num lock, disconnect the battery, and after a few seconds connect the AC external power supply, and inmediately try a combination of volume- and power buttons like maintain pushed both, then 1 of them, then the other... (sorry IDK what exactly the combination is), then the keyboard will iluminate and the automated recovery of bios will start.

2-Once the DMI data in bios is blanked (no serial, no SKU number, no system board ID, etc.. u can confirm this by entering in the bios information section) now power off the tablet, desolder the other bios chip (W25Q128 make a backup before anything else) and erase whole memory. then solder it and install on the tablet. power on forcing the recovery with a combination of vol- and power button... ever with disconnected battery and external power supply connected, so is more easy to try again the strange combination if you fail, need to disconnect all the power from the tablet to try again.

3- if that 2 steps go well now finishing the second time recovery it will start in MPM mode.

I add my two bios backup in MPM mode.

HOWEVER, I still can't put a specific UUID wich I wanna do. Every time i do this whole procedure UUID change randomly and every time I do any modification to any of bios chips memories surestart recovers and UUID change to another one randomly AND when I search given UUID on both bios in a hex editor and nothing found

Im only one step away from my goal, and that is modify UUID to will.

sorry for my english
            Attached Files
            Last edited by poeq.ieixg29; 07-24-2023, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys....sorry about the silly question, but do you use this .bin file to reset the password? any step by step instruction to follow.

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Masrur View Post
                Hi Guys....sorry about the silly question, but do you use this .bin file to reset the password? any step by step instruction to follow.

thanks in advance
                read post #43..
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Please unlock this bios. Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway_to_Hardware View Post
                    Please unlock this bios. Thanks
                    Read the rules before posting:
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

Comment

Sorry but I tried both tools and the PCUnlocker says "wrong chip". The HPunlocker only change from byte 0F - 73 the "FF" to "00".
                      On the small board from x2 1013 g3 there are two chips:
                      Winbond 25Q128 and a MX25C256

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway_to_Hardware View Post
                        Sorry but I tried both tools and the PCUnlocker says "wrong chip". The HPunlocker only change from byte 0F - 73 the "FF" to "00".
                        On the small board from x2 1013 g3 there are two chips:
                        Winbond 25Q128 and a MX25C256
                        Read the rules before posting:
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                        You MUST:

Comment

I can't find anything , can anybody help me to find the bios location?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by abbassink View Post
                            I can't find anything , can anybody help me to find the bios location?
                            What are the chip markings?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20231209_160613.jpg Views:	77 Size:	1.97 MB ID:	3168947

Comment

my problem has been solved, the bios chip that i looking for placed on daughter board .thanks bro

Comment

Originally posted by abbassink View Post
                                my problem has been solved, the bios chip that i looking for placed on daughter board .thanks bro
                                same for me bro now i did found
                                Last edited by skazide; 03-04-2024, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X