Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

what about this one Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 5, it has SVP
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

thinkpad t590 not work for my with patcher

after patching and flashing the patched file, the laptop has black screen and beep sound

tryed to patch again but same, and cant unlock password

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
        what about this one Thinkpad X1 Yoga Gen 5, it has SVP
        Hello, the autopatcher only works on 4th to 8th generation Lenovo notebooks. Everything after that doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
          thinkpad t590 not work for my with patcher

after patching and flashing the patched file, the laptop has black screen and beep sound

tryed to patch again but same, and cant unlock password
          Hello, the autopatcher only works on 4th to 8th generation Lenovo notebooks. Everything after that doesn't work.
          Your notebook is 9 generation.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
            so there's no other way to remove SVP computers after 8th gen ?

Comment

Hello, I don't know if this is helpful. But are all 6 resistors leading away from the EEPROM still intact? They're quite happy to be torn off by clip, not because it looks like this.
              Done ...
              Attached Files

Comment

Your notebook is 9 generation.
                hi markus, thanks for your response, but the machine is gen 8 core i5, not gen 9

here a picture of the bios, the original bios you can access the bios, but cant change anything because of the password
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Verlengsnoer View Post
                  hi markus, thanks for your response, but the machine is gen 8 core i5, not gen 9

here a picture of the bios, the original bios you can access the bios, but cant change anything because of the password
                  It's not related to CPU Generation.
                  T590 is 9th generation of ThinkPad. Autopatcher just works until 8th Gen T580,T480,X280...

For T590 you need Vertyanov or SVOD to remove password from MEC chip

Comment

Hi. Can anyone help me with this?
                    Right after patching the file and the command terminal disappears the Patched file just deletes itself.
                    Can someone patch it for me or find the password on this bin file?
                    I will really appreciate it, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldopdias View Post
                      Hi. Can anyone help me with this?
                      Right after patching the file and the command terminal disappears the Patched file just deletes itself.
                      Can someone patch it for me or find the password on this bin file?
                      I will really appreciate it, please.
                      Maybe you can't use DXE method, because your device is 10th Gen.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      all donations are welcome,
                      see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                      >>>>>
                      click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                      Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                        Maybe you can't use DXE method, because your device is 10th Gen.
                        Yes, It's 10Gen.
                        Do you know if there is any other way to remove the supervisor password on this version?
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ronaldopdias View Post
                          Yes, It's 10Gen.
                          Do you know if there is any other way to remove the supervisor password on this version?
                          Thanks
                          I think you need to reprogramming the EC chip using a proper programmer.
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                          all donations are welcome,
                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                          >>>>>
                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi does this work in Lenovo Thinkpad L14 Gen 1?

Comment

Problem: Lenovo x250 that only beeps on startup after autopatcher.

Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi

This is my first time so be gentle...
                              I studied this thread and other resources very carefully but I must have missed something. I wonder if it was because I did it on M1 mac? Other than that I have no idea. Please help this poor computer come back to life 🙏

Method
                              Patch the dump
                              1. read BIOS chip -- Flashrom compiled on M1 mac
                              2. create dump file
                              3. do it again 2-3 times
                              4. compare
                              1. diff 1.bin 2.bin
                              5. Patch the dump (used python 3.10 on M1 mac using Parallels)
                              autopatch file_you_want_to_patch.bin

Flash and Restore the BIOS
                              1. Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file-- tried renaming to 1.bin-- tried using a patched BIOS from this thread — https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1604423061
                              2. Disconnect HD
                              3. tape down anti-tamper switch
                              4. hold BIOS button and Boot the machine — machine won't boot with button pressed, had to press it afterward

Result: GETTING ONLY BEEPS for my trouble
                              ————— couldn't go further ———————
                              5. press enter for BIOS settings
                              6. Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                              7. Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                              8. Press space bar 2x when asked
                              9. Turn off machine
                              10. Restore original BIOS
                              11. Reset BIOS settings to factory default

**Original dump old1.bin attached
                              **Patched file 1.bin attached as well

Comment

Here are the files. I guess I needed to zip them first 😅

Comment

could this libusb message relate to my problem?

Code:
                                  $ flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r bad-1.bin                                                                    
                                  flashrom v1.2 on Darwin 22.1.0 (arm64)
                                  flashrom is free software, get the source code at [url]https://flashrom.org[/url]

Calibrating delay loop... OK.
                                  libusb: info [darwin_claim_interface] no interface found; setting configuration: 1
                                  Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.

Comment

Things have gone from bad to worse. I wrote the original bios file back to the chip and now I can't even get the machine to turn on...

Comment

Hello everyone, who can help unlock the bios
                                      lenovo thinkpad l14 gen 1

Comment

I am having trouble with lenovo yoga 12 laptops with bios unlocking, due to this model having two chips lenovo auto patcher doesn't work, this is the only model i have a problem with others are fine that i have done. I've attached a rar file with a couple of photos and the dump of the right side chip. I need to be able to do this unlock myself as i have a lot of locked lenovo yoga 12 so any and all advice is really apricated

Comment

Originally posted by another_one View Post
                                          Things have gone from bad to worse. I wrote the original bios file back to the chip and now I can't even get the machine to turn on...
                                          Are the resistors that lead away from the chip okay? Not that it looks like it. A photo of the current chip would be very helpful.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X