Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by margin292 View Post
    Ah okay, yeah I found it...thanks to you both AAAC and SMDFlea!!!! Now that I found it yeah you're right this one is right next the the HDMI port.

I just had to keep looking and peel back some more black film and there's another Winbond chip
    Ah,thats where it was hiding
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by husnu16 View Post
      Hi, I have added my dumps. Could you please help.
      In the BIOS Region, in the first padding volume, in other models is where the password is stored, there's a block which is XORED and once you perform that operation again you obtain some information like the model number, Windows product key and the password at the end stored as scancodes, but in your file the password is not there, so it must be stored somewhere else.
      IdeaPad 3 15ITL6

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbaloon123 View Post
        Hi All Members,
        First of all thank you very much for all the information shared. Its truly remarkable.
        I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen3 (touch screen - 20BT) that had a supervisor password, which later I managed to brick rather ingeniously. System would start POST (fan spins up and KB lights comes up for about 3 sec and dies).Since I haven't had a back up copy of the BIOS, this is what I tried so-far
        1. Downloaded a generic copy of the BIOS (size did match up with my chip- 16384KB)
        2. Flashed the chip while onboard and no external power and battery disconnected (CMOS battery was still connected) - used CH341-A with default 5v setting (I later realised I should have fixed it for 3.3V, but the chip is still readable, so possibly not fried yet. I will fix the voltage any further attempts)
        3. Tried booting. No joy. Tried with different BIOS dump, still same result

All steps as explained in Page1 was followed to that point. Autopatcher ran and generated the new file just fine. Checksum for the file matched against a copy read from the chip after flashing. So a bit lost what I have done wrong.

As it stands, when I power up (external with or without battery), I get the power button led lighting up 4 times (first blink very quick and then 3 subsequent blinks- much like a 1->3 sequence. Or it could be counted as 4 blinks too)
        Since the BIOS chip is still responding, I am thinking of trying another flash after getting the voltage sorted. But any suggestions please? Have anyone been in this place before?

Thank you. And apologies for the lengthy post.
        Hi,
        So, I sorted out the Ch341 voltage and took a BIOS dump from another working X1 Carbon Gen3 (20BS). It has SVP, but does boot and load the OS.
        Used this BIOS to flash the bricked laptop. This time, I took the whole motherboard out and disconnected CMOS while flashing. Still no luck. On power up, all I get is a quick fan spin and the same 4 LED blinks on the power button (that repeats for the eternity as long as the power lead is connected). Resetting the laptop hasn't helped either.

I am totally lost at this point. Any suggestions or leads please?
        Thank you.
        Last edited by wonderbaloon123; 09-06-2022, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone, just wanted to pass along some potential time savings tips for those working on a Lenovo P50/51.

First off, this saved me from having just throw away a perfectly good main board and buy another...thank you so much to everyone who has contributed!!!

Alright so this blog and this datasheet (pg. 5) helped me once I found the BIOS chip.

Here is a screenshot of where the BIOS chip is located. You don't have to remove the main board from the chassis, nor do you have to remove the fan assembly as pictured...but you do have to separate the bottom chassis from the screen assembly, if that makes sense.

If the picture is no longer hosted, as AAAC said earlier:

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
          @margin292
          BIOS chip is located near the uProcessor and/or the RAM slots.
          For me it was right next to the RAM slots.

Hope this helps someone save a little bit of headache.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by SystemFailure View Post
            Excellent! I'm a bit nervous. May I ask:
            - if you used the 'black' CH341A did you modify it to 3.3v?
            - What software did you use with the programmer?
            Which chip is the bios chip that needs to be modified. According to this post there's two similar ones:
            https://www.reddit.com/r/Lenovo/comm...security_chip/

I'm very grateful for your assistance.
            1. I did not modify my CH341A.
            2. AsProgrammer
            3. U49, the one near RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderbaloon123 View Post
              Hi,
              So, I sorted out the Ch341 voltage and took a BIOS dump from another working X1 Carbon Gen3 (20BS). It has SVP, but does boot and load the OS.
              Used this BIOS to flash the bricked laptop. This time, I took the whole motherboard out and disconnected CMOS while flashing. Still no luck. On power up, all I get is a quick fan spin and the same 4 LED blinks on the power button (that repeats for the eternity as long as the power lead is connected). Resetting the laptop hasn't helped either.

I am totally lost at this point. Any suggestions or leads please?
              Thank you.
              Hi,

An update-
              The LED blink seems to be an indication of fried MB from what I read. Since I did not use any glove/anti-static measures, there is a chance this may have happened (or the chip somehow got messed up).
              So- I kept it aside and picked up the second laptop. Same model- Gen3, 20BT.
              Followed the instructions from this post- https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588

Everything went fine and now I have a TP, with a BIOS that doesnt have SVP.

Next project- I am thinking of getting a replacement chip for the first laptop and start with a clean BIOS install. See how it goes.

Thanks to all good people here for the instructions.

Comment

hey guys,
                i have a thinkpad t480 (20L6) here, svp-locked. the maximum number of password retries exceeded... i used the autopatcher like described, tamper button is pushed down with tape. the autopatched rom won't let the machine post just seven beeps (kind of hard to count...) and thats it, no reboot the device stays on. i flashed back the original file and the machine would post like before. the diagnostic app says code 0285 - tpm initialization error
                any suggestions? thank you very much.

original bin and patched one are attached
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post
                  hey guys,
                  i have a thinkpad t480 (20L6) here, svp-locked. the maximum number of password retries exceeded... i used the autopatcher like described, tamper button is pushed down with tape. the autopatched rom won't let the machine post just seven beeps (kind of hard to count...) and thats it, no reboot the device stays on. i flashed back the original file and the machine would post like before. the diagnostic app says code 0285 - tpm initialization error
                  any suggestions? thank you very much.

original bin and patched one are attached
                  Try this patch ....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                    Try this patch ....
                    seems to work, thank you. what have you done?

Comment

Originally posted by rediii View Post
                      seems to work, thank you. what have you done?
                      Hello I think your patch was wrong compared it with md5sum and saw that they were different. I then created a new patch under Ubuntu, that's the whole secret. greetings from Bavaria

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                        Hello I think your patch was wrong compared it with md5sum and saw that they were different. I then created a new patch under Ubuntu, that's the whole secret. greetings from Bavaria
                        very well done, but i ask myself why this happened? next step would have been to flash the mec directly. but i unlocked alot of thinkpads (even t480) with no problems so far. do you have an idea, why the checksum was wrong? greetings from germany as well , i love bavaria

Comment

plz need to patch this dump

Comment

Originally posted by skazide View Post
                            plz need to patch this dump
                            Have you tried using the Autopatcher yourself ?
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              i tried 2 time bro , but now when i back the original pc didnt turn on , fan just run then stop then run ..ect

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                i did change chip bios and reprogrammed the bios with autopatcher and every things go ok thanks everyone here

Comment

Hello dears
                                  can anyone patch this for me?

this i need to be patched

this

Comment

Originally posted by HAWKAR
                                    this
                                    Patched
                                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

why this is not working in my windows 10 also i installed pythone 3.^
                                      i dont know why the file is not exist the patched file?

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      Patched
                                      thanks for your help but i used it only some beeping and like a music then not posting to screen
                                      so not working can you do some thing for me ?

guys i succesed
                                      in cmd go ahead and rund the python script and the orignal bios in the same folder and it will export the patched
                                      so you should have to install the python on windows then you can do to your self
                                      thanks to

run cmd in patch folder in lenovo autopatcher folder
                                      Last edited by piernov; 09-11-2022, 08:36 AM. Reason: quadruple

Comment

Originally posted by HAWKAR View Post
                                        why this is not working in my windows 10 also i installed pythone 3.^
                                        i dont know why the file is not exist the patched file?

thanks for your help but i used it only some beeping and like a music then not posting to screen
                                        so not working can you do some thing for me ?

guys i succesed
                                        in cmd go ahead and rund the python script and the orignal bios in the same folder and it will export the patched
                                        so you should have to install the python on windows then you can do to your self
                                        thanks to

run cmd in patch folder in lenovo autopatcher folder
                                        Try this ....
                                        Attached Files

Comment

with this patch i have a prob with invalid key.

Type Number 20NK-S4RC00
                                          Compliance ID TP00103B
                                          MB: FA495 NM-C131 REV. 1.0
                                          CPU RYZEN PRO YM350BC4T4MFG
                                          help please

Comment

Working...
                                          X