• Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@husnu16
    Could you upload your original BIOS?

Comment

Hello,

Can someone make patch for me? I have problem using autopatcher with python2.7 under Win10

Code:
      Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
      [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
      [2/2] LenovoTranslateService (GUID 826bcf56-bac4-43f4-8ea1-8cdf0a121abd)

Looking for volumes to patch...
      Traceback (most recent call last):
       File "autopatch.py", line 301, in <module>
        patch(filename)
       File "autopatch.py", line 171, in patch
        clean(patched_filename)
       File "autopatch.py", line 188, in clean
        volume = load_patched_volume(p)
       File "autopatch.py", line 234, in load_patched_volume
        size = int.from_bytes(header[16:19], 'little')
      AttributeError: type object 'int' has no attribute 'from_bytes'
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Solved, I used python3 and worked!

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
          @husnu16
          Could you upload your original BIOS?
          Hello master, i can upload orj. main and ec bios dump.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Do you have a list of others, up to 8th gen that can`t be patched.It would be handy to add the list to the first post

Sorry, lazy with such lists. But it is really needed indeed.

I can add P53, P73 and P15 Gen 2 to the list aswell.

And some models are a hit or miss. Cant be unlocked with autopatcher but do work with other way of patching. X395 (and T495s ?!) for example?

Comment

Hello

Will this work with T480s that has Supervisor PW and Computrace enabled? (I've forgotten my pw's :-( )

Does the bios chip need to be desoldered or will a clip work?

Is there a thorough guide to follow?

Ty

Comment

Originally posted by SystemFailure View Post
                Hello

Will this work with T480s that has Supervisor PW and Computrace enabled? (I've forgotten my pw's :-( )

Does the bios chip need to be desoldered or will a clip work?

Is there a thorough guide to follow?

Ty
                Yes. Just had my T480s' supervisor pw removed. No need to desolder. I used CH341A with clip. The instructions from the orig post is sufficient.

Comment

Originally posted by husnu16 View Post
                  Hello master, i can upload orj. main and ec bios dump.
                  The 2222.rar file you uploaded seems to be the same files on post #1428 uploaded by N0f3ar. I was asking about YOUR laptop Original BIOS files.

Comment

The 2222.rar file you uploaded seems to be the same files on post #1428 uploaded by N0f3ar. I was asking about YOUR laptop Original BIOS files.
                    hello master, I have added the main and ec bios dumps. I couldn't remove the password. I would be grateful if you could help with this. I also updated my main bios with the lenovo vantage application. After that, the system did not boot. Although I saw the nvme disk in the bios, when I wanted to do a clean windows installation, the disk did not appear on the installation screen. Even though I turned off Secureboot, I couldn't get any results. I would be very grateful if you could take action on this matter. Thank you very much in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by rednax View Post
                      Yes. Just had my T480s' supervisor pw removed. No need to desolder. I used CH341A with clip. The instructions from the orig post is sufficient.
                      Excellent! I'm a bit nervous. May I ask:
                      - if you used the 'black' CH341A did you modify it to 3.3v?
                      - What software did you use with the programmer?
                      Which chip is the bios chip that needs to be modified. According to this post there's two similar ones:
                      https://www.reddit.com/r/Lenovo/comm...security_chip/

I'm very grateful for your assistance.

Comment

can anyone help how I can resolve T480s no power after auto-patched. I have written back the original bin file but still no power. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

hi. Can anyone patch the bios for me please. i can't run it on my PC.
                          t440p

Comment

Originally posted by werszten View Post
                            hi. Can anyone patch the bios for me please. i can't run it on my PC.
                            t440p
                            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81573
                            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi All Members,
                              First of all thank you very much for all the information shared. Its truly remarkable.
                              I have a Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen3 (touch screen - 20BT) that had a supervisor password, which later I managed to brick rather ingeniously. System would start POST (fan spins up and KB lights comes up for about 3 sec and dies).Since I haven't had a back up copy of the BIOS, this is what I tried so-far
                              1. Downloaded a generic copy of the BIOS (size did match up with my chip- 16384KB)
                              2. Flashed the chip while onboard and no external power and battery disconnected (CMOS battery was still connected) - used CH341-A with default 5v setting (I later realised I should have fixed it for 3.3V, but the chip is still readable, so possibly not fried yet. I will fix the voltage any further attempts)
                              3. Tried booting. No joy. Tried with different BIOS dump, still same result

All steps as explained in Page1 was followed to that point. Autopatcher ran and generated the new file just fine. Checksum for the file matched against a copy read from the chip after flashing. So a bit lost what I have done wrong.

As it stands, when I power up (external with or without battery), I get the power button led lighting up 4 times (first blink very quick and then 3 subsequent blinks- much like a 1->3 sequence. Or it could be counted as 4 blinks too)
                              Since the BIOS chip is still responding, I am thinking of trying another flash after getting the voltage sorted. But any suggestions please? Have anyone been in this place before?

Thank you. And apologies for the lengthy post.

Comment

Hi all, I have a Lenovo P51 and pretty sure I found the BIOS chip...it is branded "WINBOND 25Q80BLNIG", but when I use the script it says the dump is either corrupted or isn't a valid dump.

So just wanted to see if someone can help with identifying the correct chip?

Thanks

Comment

@margin292
                                  BIOS chip is located near the uProcessor and/or the RAM slots.

Comment

Hi, I have added my dumps. Could you please help.

Comment

@margin292
                                      BIOS chip is located near the uProcessor and/or the RAM slots.
                                      Thanks for the reply, yeah I think it's the one...honestly it's the only chip that looks like other BIOS chips I've messed with in the past.

Does this looks like the correct layout?

https://ibb.co/hLyTbFF

My ch341a recognizes the chip so I'm confused why it reports corrupted somehow?

Code:
                                      ~$ sudo flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r lol.bin
                                      flashrom v1.2 on Linux 5.13.0-30-generic (x86_64)
                                      flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org

Using clock_gettime for delay loops (clk_id: 1, resolution: 1ns).
                                      Found Winbond flash chip "W25Q80.V" (1024 kB, SPI) on ch341a_spi.
                                      Reading flash... done.

Comment

Originally posted by margin292 View Post
                                        Thanks for the reply, yeah I think it's the one...honestly it's the only chip that looks like other BIOS chips I've messed with in the past.
                                        wrong chip its only 1MB "W25Q80.V" (1024 kB) .Could be firmware for the displayport or something else, but it isn`t the bios chip.
                                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                          wrong chip its only 1MB "W25Q80.V" (1024 kB) .Could be firmware for the displayport or something else, but it isn`t the bios chip.
                                          Ah okay, yeah I found it...thanks to you both AAAC and SMDFlea!!!! Now that I found it yeah you're right this one is right next the the HDMI port.

I just had to keep looking and peel back some more black film and there's another Winbond chip

Comment

Working...
                                          X