Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Anorwgmla View Post
    Before I do it, is anyone who can check my bios file which I uploaded and confirm that have the same problem with autopatcher?
    hereby confirmed

Comment

Originally posted by esprugodoys View Post
      Hi Flea! been reading this thread and the other one specifically for Lenovo T495 (FA495 NM-C131)..

i performed your instructions on the 1st post, but did not seem to work. Black screen and some tones (somewhat like musical) is all I got along with fan spin. Got a bit anxious as I read a post from someone that even his backup dump was not able to restore the laptop's original state. Luckily though my backup dumps managed to restore it so I'm back to square one of having power-on bios password..

any chance you could assist me on getting a good patch for this laptop?

here's the backup dump that i used
      Starting with T490 the autopatcher will NOT work anymore.

Comment

There are a few exceptions, I have this T495 on my list of compatible models:
        ThinkPad T495 (TYPES: 20NJ and 20NK)

@esprugodoys
        Have you tried to flash back Original BIOS in order to check that you have a “good” backup?
        Last edited by AAAC; 08-23-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Is there anyone who can give a detailed description on how to clear supervisor password on AMD based T14?

Comment

lenovo t480
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
              There are a few exceptions, I have this T495 on my list of compatible models:
              ThinkPad T495 (TYPES: 20NJ and 20NK)

@esprugodoys
              Have you tried to flash back Original BIOS in order to check that you have a “good” backup?
              @AAAC
              yes. my backup dump is good, the one i attached on my previous post that is the backup that i used. laptop is back to its original state now which has a Power-On/bios password using that dump.

this particular model is Type 20NK as indicated on the sticker at bottom cover.
              Attached Files

Comment

success to patch x1 yoga 3rd gen with auto patcher thanks
                Last edited by skazide; 08-24-2022, 10:14 AM. Reason: panne reglé

Comment

@esprugodoys
                  Can you go into Setup/BIOS? Power-on the laptop, press F1 key to go into Setup, when asked for password just press ENTER key, if it lets you get in (in read-only mode) go to Security and check Supervisor Password status.

Comment

@esprugodoys
                    Can you go into Setup/BIOS? Power-on the laptop, press F1 key to go into Setup, when asked for password just press ENTER key, if it lets you get in (in read-only mode) go to Security and check Supervisor Password status.
                    I am not able to get in SETUP/BIOS (read-only mode).. as soon as I power it On, the "Bottom cover tamper detected" comes up after the Lenovo logo shows up.. which then prompts for a Fingerprint scan or the Power-On password.

Laptop just shuts down after 3 incorrect attempts on the password prompt.

since the Power-On password is enabled, it would be safe to assume that Supervisor Password is Active or Enabled?
                    Attached Files

Comment

@esprugodoys
                      Most probably it's the Supervisor Password Active, unless you haven't reset CMOS by disconnecting all source of energy and also disconnecting CMOS battery.

So if you Original BIOS is good and safely stored, have you tried to look for a T495 patched BIOS to try? This patched bios is only used for the unlock, after that you will use the Original BIOS.

Comment

@esprugodoys
                        Most probably it's the Supervisor Password Active, unless you haven't reset CMOS by disconnecting all source of energy and also disconnecting CMOS battery.

So if you Original BIOS is good and safely stored, have you tried to look for a T495 patched BIOS to try? This patched bios is only used for the unlock, after that you will use the Original BIOS.
                        update:

got it to work now.. just finished installing a new OS on it.
                        details i sent to your inbox.. Tnx a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by rumpumpel1 View Post
                          hereby confirmed
                          Hello again,
                          first of all thanks for checking my bios file.
                          Why Am I not able to patch it myself?
                          Still the same problem, autopacher works, there is information about new bios file created, but the file doesn't egsist in shown source.

Even I tried to patch someone's bios file updated on this forum - the same problem.

Software here: Wind10, Python 3.10.

Comment

Originally posted by Anorwgmla View Post
                            Why Am I not able to patch it myself?
                            The X260 has a W25Q128FV as SPI Flash which is packaged as WSON8. Although the pins are visible as small bullets, there is no way to produce a dump by using a clamp. If you would have used a TL866II instead of a CH341A the programmer would have told you that there is a contact problem. I was not able to produce a dump even by using pogo pins. With WSON8 there is only one way: desoldering.
                            Lenovo stopped this stupidity and starting with the X270 they used again SO8 packaging.

For the patched BIOS you can use the binary of an arbitrary X260. But after removing the password you need your original BIOS, so you need a verfied dump. By verified I mean: produce as many dumps until two consecutive dumps are identical (fc /b dump-A.bin dunp-B.bin).

Good luck.

Comment

hello need help
                              lenovo p52s patched bios supervizor password

Comment

bios_old
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by novator_km View Post
                                  bios_old
                                  STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                                  STEP 2: Boot the machine
                                  STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                                  STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                                  STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                                  STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                                  STEP 7: Turn off machine
                                  STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                                  STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory defaulT
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank you so much. )

Comment

i have X390 8th it's possible to unlock with AutoPatcher ???

Comment

this is my dump the autopatcher not working can any one deal with this dump please

Comment

Originally posted by corona100 View Post
                                          this is my dump the autopatcher not working can any one deal with this dump please
                                          Here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                          Thanks to all supporters.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                                          X