Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by jhakki View Post
    Need help in patching the Lenovo W541 Bios and EEPROM dumps (attached zip with 2 files). This has supervisor password that I intend to remove. Please help in patching these files, Autopatcher doesn't work on on my Macbook.

Thanks in Advance !
    Autopatcher does not work with Mac iOS.
    Only with Linux or Windoof.
    Please only patch the 4MB chip.
    Try ...
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jhakki View Post
      Need help in patching the Lenovo W541 Bios and EEPROM dumps (attached zip with 2 files). This has supervisor password that I intend to remove. Please help in patching these files, Autopatcher doesn't work on on my Macbook.

Thanks in Advance !
      Well, I could find windows machine and patched Lenovo W541 myself. It worked !!
      Thanks to everyone involved. I just needed to patch 4mb file (although I took backup of other 8 mb chip as well, but that wasn't needed). I used colibri ch341 programmer and found to be more reliable and accurate in detecting chips.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
        Autopatcher does not work with Mac iOS.
        Only with Linux or Windoof.
        Please only patch the 4MB chip.
        Try ...
        Thanks a lot @Markus1741.

Comment

hi , can somebody help with thinkpad l470 i3-6100u (dl470 nm-b021 rev1.0) flash w25q128fvsq
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahmanali View Post
            hi , can somebody help with thinkpad l470 i3-6100u (dl470 nm-b021 rev1.0) flash w25q128fvsq
            Try ...
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks has worked on the T570

Comment

Hi,
                i am trying to unlock my t470s bios, when I drag my bios bin in autopacther a quick command opens and closes whereas no patch file is created.
                help will be appreciated.

Comment

I was able to patch the 4MB chip. Try to patch the 4MB chip.
                  Hi that worked perfectly, just wondering how you managed to do it, I have the lenovo auto patcher but it didn't work with me and frooze while patching, do you reckon we have the same software or a like to the software you used to unlock it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cod king View Post
                    Hi that worked perfectly, just wondering how you managed to do it, I have the lenovo auto patcher but it didn't work with me and frooze while patching, do you reckon we have the same software or a like to the software you used to unlock it?
                    What operating system are you using?

Comment

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Knucklegrumble for creating a wonderful tool. I was able to remove the SVP on my Thinkpad W541.

Dave

Comment

What operating system are you using?
                        im using windows 10 but can use any OS if needs be.

Comment

Hi. X380 somebody try to patch with this tool? Thnaks

Comment

Originally posted by stylius View Post
                            Hi. X380 somebody try to patch with this tool? Thnaks
                            This is my original bios from Lenovo x380 yoga. Somebody can patch it to remove bios password?
                            Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stylius View Post
                              This is my original bios from Lenovo x380 yoga. Somebody can patch it to remove bios password?
                              try and report
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Claudiomfa View Post
                                try and report

Good job. Working well.Thanks

Comment

im using windows 10 but can use any OS if needs be.
                                  I'm using the autopatcher from page 1 of Knucklgrumble in Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 with Python 3 and this works great for me.

Comment

I'm using the autopatcher from page 1 of Knucklgrumble in Ubuntu 18.04 or 20.04 with Python 3 and this works great for me.
                                    I have set up a machine with ubuntu on it and im now getting this error, just wondering if i'm typing it correctly or if I'm missing something.

It will give an output of the bios I'm patching but the patched bios contents matches up to the original dump.

using lenovo autopatcher on ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
                                    Attached Files

Comment

I have set up a machine with ubuntu on it and im now getting this error, just wondering if i'm typing it correctly or if I'm missing something.

It will give an output of the bios I'm patching but the patched bios contents matches up to the original dump.

using lenovo autopatcher on ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS
                                      This also happened to me in the beginning.
                                      The reason is simple, the UEFIReplace file cannot be executed.
                                      You need to run chmod +x /Path/TO/tools/UEFIReplace.
                                      Or so

SHOW=$(sudo find $HOME -iname UEFIReplace); echo $SHOW

SHOW=$(sudo find $HOME -iname UEFIReplace); chmod +x $SHOW

SHOW=$(sudo find /media/ -iname UEFIReplace); chmod +x $SHOW
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Markus1741; 06-09-2021, 08:18 AM.

Comment

This also happened to me in the beginning.
                                        The reason is simple, the UEFIReplace file cannot be executed.
                                        You need to run chmod +x /Path/TO/tools/UEFIReplace.
                                        Or so

SHOW=$(sudo find $HOME -iname UEFIReplace); echo $SHOW

SHOW=$(sudo find $HOME -iname UEFIReplace); chmod +x $SHOW

SHOW=$(sudo find /media/ -iname UEFIReplace); chmod +x $SHOW

Ive done this now and now getting a different message, I've tried two different dumps of the same make and model as before (the original one you did for me and an original one of a second machine) and both come up with this message.
                                        Please see screenshots, I've included one of the terminal output and one of the folder location where its pointing.

My theory is that its trying to open the UEFIReplace.exe but I've also tried it on windows 10 and this is still the same output.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I can already see the problem.
                                          It is important to either use the absolute path like this.

python3 $HOME/Desktop/lenovo_autopatcher/patch/autopatch.py $HOME/Desktop/lenovo_autopatcher/patch/Left1st.BIN

Or you are rich in the same folder than like this

python3 autopatch.py Left1st.BIN

Even what does not work in UNIX systems is insufficient information, the system cannot add it itself.

sudo python3 autopatch Left1st is not correct.

python3 autopatch.py Left1st.BIN is correct.

Good luck!!
                                          Last edited by piernov; 06-10-2021, 03:05 AM. Reason: double post

Comment

Working...
                                          X