Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp ellİtebook 840 g5 bios password

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    RC unlocker. Use rc unlocker for 16 MB chip.
    Thank you very much.

I soldered back the 32MB chip but maybe I killed it as now I get flashing power light. Will have to try a new chip before I flash the other 16MB I think.

Comment

Originally posted by q2v5 View Post
      Thank you very much.

I soldered back the 32MB chip but maybe I killed it as now I get flashing power light. Will have to try a new chip before I flash the other 16MB I think.
      HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC
        Thanks, I tried this- now the keyboard/powerlights come on, then the power light flashes orange 30 times, then 7 times & it powers off.

I haven't flashed the 16MB chip yet as I wanted to make sure I fixed this problem first, but should I flash it to work with your file?

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks, I tried this- now the keyboard/powerlights come on, then the power light flashes orange 30 times, then 7 times & it powers off.

I haven't flashed the 16MB chip yet as I wanted to make sure I fixed this problem first, but should I flash it to work with your file?

Thanks again
          Hello, you must first solve the 32mb chip, it must turn on again, locked, leaving your original copy, if you still have no image, you must check the soldering of your chip on the board, you must also check the components that are around your chip, maybe some microcomponent came out. Upload an image of that sector to verify...

Comment

Originally posted by aldopc View Post
            Hello, you must first solve the 32mb chip, it must turn on again, locked, leaving your original copy, if you still have no image, you must check the soldering of your chip on the board, you must also check the components that are around your chip, maybe some microcomponent came out. Upload an image of that sector to verify...
            Thank you everyone for your help, I tried reflashing my backup & resoldering but the same problem.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you everyone for your help, I tried reflashing my backup & resoldering but the same problem.
              Attached Files
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                Correct, you lost 2 resistors, the one on the left is 468 kΩ and the one on the right is 0.02 kΩ
                Attached Files

Comment

@Vesko356 Thanks, guess it's time to buy a microscope..

Correct, you lost 2 resistors, the one on the left is 468 kΩ and the one on the right is 0.02 kΩ
                  Thanks also, will order those values & be more careful.

Comment

Do you know the values on the other 2 resistors around the chip?

Comment

Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G5 and I need the bios password removing. I tried the 16mb file on the RC unlocker and the password remains. Then I tried the 32MB file on the HP unlocker and it doesn't boot and only the fans spin up fully but no display. I've attached both 16 and 32mb files. Please could somebody advise or help? Thank you.

Serial No: 5CG9086VV9
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ashr88 View Post
                        Hi, I have an HP Elitebook 840 G5 and I need the bios password removing. I tried the 16mb file on the RC unlocker and the password remains. Then I tried the 32MB file on the HP unlocker and it doesn't boot and only the fans spin up fully but no display. I've attached both 16 and 32mb files. Please could somebody advise or help? Thank you.

Serial No: 5CG9086VV9
                        Unlocked
                        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Unlocked
                          Thank you for that. I flashed them both but the laptop is still a no boot. Fan up full, power consumption stuck at .256a. CPU is freezing. Any ideas? It was booting now I seem to have murdered it!

Comment

Thank you for that. I flashed them both but the laptop is still a no boot. Fan up full, power consumption stuck at .256a. CPU is freezing. Any ideas? It was booting now I seem to have murdered it!
                            Replace a blank chip and flash again

Comment

Replace a blank chip and flash again
                              Do you mean blank the chip or replace the chip with a new one? Do you mean replace all chips?

Comment

Do you mean blank the chip or replace the chip with a new one? Do you mean replace all chips?
                                Yes ! Have you read article 226 yet?

Comment

Yes ! Have you read article 226 yet?
                                  Thank you, I accidentally knocked this off. I've replaced it and now it's booted! Thank you.

Comment

Unlocked
                                    Hi again, I have another 840 G5 which came to me as a no boot. I found it was missing the bios chips so I flashed these bios files to doner chips and it now boots. The only issue is that it takes 40 seconds to post so I assumed I needed to clean the ME so using the Intel ME/TXE injector and injected 11.8.70.3626 and it boots but it still takes 40 seconds to post. What should I do to resolve this? Thank you.

I have attached the files.

HP Elitebook 840 G5
                                    Serial No: 5CG9086VV9 (May be incorrect as I got a job lot of them some didn't have bottom covers.)
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi again, I have another 840 G5 which came to me as a no boot. I found it was missing the bios chips so I flashed these bios files to doner chips and it now boots. The only issue is that it takes 40 seconds to post so I assumed I needed to clean the ME so using the Intel ME/TXE injector and injected 11.8.70.3626 and it boots but it still takes 40 seconds to post. What should I do to resolve this? Thank you.

I have attached the files.

HP Elitebook 840 G5
                                    Serial No: 5CG9086VV9 (May be incorrect as I got a job lot of them some didn't have bottom covers.)
                                    Thanks, will take a look!

Thanks, all sorted now!
                                    Last edited by Vesko356; 01-01-2024, 10:46 AM. Reason: Posts merged

Comment

Hello. Can someone help me unlock the 32MB BIOS for 840 G5?
                                      By the way, the question is how is this done? I usually use RCUnlocker but it doesn't work with 32MB files.
                                      Thank you in advance for your help. Regards
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
                                        Vesko356 commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Read the rules before posting
                                        RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                                        • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.

Originally posted by piotrekw27 View Post
                                      Hello. Can someone help me unlock the 32MB BIOS for 840 G5?
                                      By the way, the question is how is this done? I usually use RCUnlocker but it doesn't work with 32MB files.
                                      Thank you in advance for your help. Regards
                                      VVV
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X