Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp 840 g6 6050A3022501-MB-A01

Originally posted by zalorpas View Post
    However the starting address of the block to be overwrited seems to be different...
    Yes, it is.
    Starting address 226824 is OK for your dump.
    For some other dump it may be the same (as a pure coincidence) but it will most likely be at a different address.
    Last edited by Vesko356; 08-29-2021, 05:00 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: HP 840 G6 BIOS locked

Thank you very much Vesko356 for your fast response and for the useful comments.

So I flashed de 16 Mb BIOS with the file you sent me which actually coincided with the guess I had after looking this thread (everything ok) and also, following your wise advice, I had the 32 Mb BIOS chip unsolderded in order to read it and back up it.

Unfortunately, the USB programmer didn't properly recognize the chip nor was able to read it saying "The chip is empty" (see images attached). I tryed several times changing the adapting PCB position but results were exactly the same. I had the chip resoldered again ... but same results

So my guess is that for some reason either the 25Q256 chip has died or perhaps the programmer is failing (which seems somehow unlikely cause it presumably read, erase, write and verify the 25Q128 chip). So I will try to have both chips soldered back to the motherboard, reassamble the laptop and try. I have a bad feeling thou ... lol =/

I'll report the results here but I have to travel tomorrow and I don't know when I will get to finish it.

In case the chip is K.O. which is your advice?

Thanks a lot.
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-07-2023, 01:46 PM.

Comment

It's hard to damage the chip so easy (can only be damaged if soldered to the adapter in reverse polarity, in which case it can be damaged instantly, or can be overheated during desoldering), most likely it just can't be read by the programmer properly or it's not soldered as it should be to the adapter. Just put it back in place. it was a good idea to have a dump available from it just in case, but once you have difficulty with it it's not absolutely necessary, anyway with the file I've sent you things will be OK I'm 99.99% sure, so don't bother anymore, just flash 16MB chip only.
        Last edited by Vesko356; 08-30-2021, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Ok, good to know ;-)

I totally believe that it was well soldered to the adapter and in the right place. Perhaps it suffered overheating while desoldering, ESD damage (which seems not to be an important concern in the datasheet) or ... -hopefully, as you point out- it's just the programmer not reading it.

I'll try and report as soon as possible.

Thanx.

PD.- I owe you some beers or a dinner if you ever come to Madrid, Vesko ... for the glory of Paul Horowitz :-)))

Comment

Hi friends ..need to unlock my 840 g6 bin file
            THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by elbtonet View Post
              Hi friends ..need to unlock my 840 g6 bin file
              THANKS
              Upload your 16MB bios dump.

Comment

I searched for another bios chip ,but it has only this one 32mb

Comment

I searched for another bios chip ,but it has only this one 32mb
                  Look more carefully
                  U366...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Vesko356; 08-31-2021, 03:59 AM.

Comment

You were right my friend
                    thisis the right one i think thnks

Comment

You were right my friend
                      I know.
                      Try & leave feedback (flash only 16MB chip):

Comment

someone pls unlock my bios
                        thnnnnx

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                          I know.
                          Try & leave feedback (flash only 16MB chip):
                          Hi VESKO ..writed down the bin on my 16mb chip but it doesnt turn on the lapt at all... any idea

Comment

Originally posted by ace.code View Post
                            someone pls unlock my bios
                            thnnnnx
                            Try & leave feedbaack (flash 16MB chip only):

Comment

Hi VESKO ..writed down the bin on my 16mb chip but it doesnt turn on the lapt at all... any idea
                              Hmm should work, check (verify) the content of the chip, make sure both chips are soldered correctly to the booard. Check their locations have not been swapped by mistake (16MB must be on U366, 32MB must be placed on U365). Also make sure they are not soldered upside down - pin4 must be ground, pin8 must be +3.3V. Check that you have'nt (re)moved or damaged any smd component in the surrounding area!
                              If all is OK after these checks, but the laptop still does not turn ON, program both chips (or only 16MB one, if the 32MB is checked/verified and the content is the same as iinitial) again:

Comment

This dump u gave to me right now..worked like charm Thanks man made my day

please give my ************** i can donate something to uu

THANKS
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-01-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

please give my ************** i can donate something to uu

THANKS
                                  everything is for free here
                                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thanks man.. didnt know how to be thankful

Comment

THANKS

You're very welcome. I'm really glad everything is OK. Congratulations! Have fun.

Comment

Hello Friends, i need your help again to unlock this bios. I atached the original files 32mb and 16mb dump frum hp 840 g6. THANKS A LOT!

Comment

Originally posted by brontobyte View Post
                                          Hello Friends, i need your help again to unlock this bios. I atached the original files 32mb and 16mb dump frum hp 840 g6. THANKS A LOT!
                                          just reprogram 16mb bios and enjoy

Comment

Working...
                                          X