Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus X556UV bios repair

Originally posted by salawayon View Post
    thanks but i already tried that file, it's working but there's a problem with NVIDIA GPU. can't install drivers. maybe the original repaired BIOS file could fix the NVIDIA drivers.
    Post a picture of the white barcode sticker on the motherboard,it should be near the soldered ram

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96604
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: asus

Originally posted by ElecPCTech View Post
      BIOS is confirmed and working.

Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1
      CPU: i7-7500
      GPU: Nvidia N16V-GMR1
      Hello; thankyou very much, bios is working perfect.
      Asus X556U with mb X556UV_MB
      cpu i7-7500u
      gpu intel hd 620 and nvidia 940mx
      Initial behaviour is that laptop was power on, white led light, but no picture; i think problem appears because mb has no bios battery, and main battery is dead; modern problems....

Comment

Re:Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1 I7 7th bios need

hello, I tested all the .bin but not worked on my board.
        Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1 Rev: 3.1
        GPU: Nvidia 930mx
        Problem is my laptop was power on, white led light, but no picture.battery also dead

PLZ HELP ME
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1 I7 7th bios need

Originally posted by jamshad View Post
          hello, I tested all the .bin but not worked on my board.
          Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1 Rev: 3.1
          GPU: Nvidia 930mx
          Problem is my laptop was power on, white led light, but no picture.battery also dead

PLZ HELP ME
          try..
          Attached Files
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Not worked

Comment

Not worked
              Try
              Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                Try
                doesn't work

Comment

doesn't work
                  Find hardware issues problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Re: Asus x556uv

need 7th gen bios but without dedicated graphics
                    asus x556uv-mb rev 3.1

Comment

plz clear my bios no display
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong computers View Post
                        plz clear my bios no display
                        Find an image of the QR code or stickers on your motherboard and upload it here.

Comment

You actually have an Asus X556UAK. Try this one:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Re: asus

Originally posted by ElecPCTech View Post
                            BIOS is confirmed and working.

Asus X556UV Rev: 3.1
                            GPU: Nvidia N16V-GMR1
                            Working Thanks

Comment

Hi

I have a really strange problem with this laptop.
                              So the model number is X556UQ, with the i7, integrated intel graphic and Nvidia 940MX.
                              When i first got he laptop i saw that somebody ripped pads in the BIOS area, so manage to fix that and took the backup of the BIOS. Although all voltages were fine it wouldn't boot, so tried all possible bioses that i found here and it wouldn't boot with any of those.
                              So i got another motherboard that is not working to try to get it running, unfortunately the PCH on that one is shorted.
                              So, finally i took a BIOS chip from that one and installed it on original motherboard and the laptop started!
                              But, now the Laptop thinks that the model number is X556URK (assume that damaged motherboard was from that model). Issue is that the 940MX is recognized in windows, but windows are reporting error code 43, which is some graphic issue error.
                              In the bios card is recognized like 930MX, but there is no possibility to activate it, see photos.

So only BIOS that starts X556UQ laptop is with the bios chip from X556URK, all others bring current consumption to 200mA, but the laptop is not starting.

Could be that my CH341A is not ok, but is not reporting any errors, or even the BIOS chip.
                              I don't have a spare one except the one that is working but i don't want to mess with that one because if something goes wrong with it i am screwed

Here is a backup from working BIOS, i would like that somebody gives me an explanation why is this the only one that is able to start the laptop, but with some nvidia graphic card issue.

PCB of the board is X556UV ver 3.1

Thanks!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hombre View Post
                                Hi

I have a really strange problem with this laptop.
                                So the model number is X556UQ, with the i7, integrated intel graphic and Nvidia 940MX.
                                When i first got he laptop i saw that somebody ripped pads in the BIOS area, so manage to fix that and took the backup of the BIOS. Although all voltages were fine it wouldn't boot, so tried all possible bioses that i found here and it wouldn't boot with any of those.
                                So i got another motherboard that is not working to try to get it running, unfortunately the PCH on that one is shorted.
                                So, finally i took a BIOS chip from that one and installed it on original motherboard and the laptop started!
                                But, now the Laptop thinks that the model number is X556URK (assume that damaged motherboard was from that model). Issue is that the 940MX is recognized in windows, but windows are reporting error code 43, which is some graphic issue error.
                                In the bios card is recognized like 930MX, but there is no possibility to activate it, see photos.

So only BIOS that starts X556UQ laptop is with the bios chip from X556URK, all others bring current consumption to 200mA, but the laptop is not starting.

Could be that my CH341A is not ok, but is not reporting any errors, or even the BIOS chip.
                                I don't have a spare one except the one that is working but i don't want to mess with that one because if something goes wrong with it i am screwed

Here is a backup from working BIOS, i would like that somebody gives me an explanation why is this the only one that is able to start the laptop, but with some nvidia graphic card issue.

PCB of the board is X556UV ver 3.1

Thanks!!!
                                post clear pictures of the white stickers from the ram memory area or a square with white paint with a QR code...from the motherboard...
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Unfortunately the sticker is not on the board anymore, it felt, and there is no QR code on the board either except for the one on the cooler but i assume that is the coolers part number.
                                  The URK board has it's sticker still but i assume you don't need that one.
                                  I took a photo from the sticker with the model number of the laptop, maybe that can help.

Thanks
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the sticker is not on the board anymore, it felt, and there is no QR code on the board either except for the one on the cooler but i assume that is the coolers part number.
                                    I took a photo from the sticker with the model number of the laptop, maybe that can help.

Thanks
                                    Your correct model's X556URK

Comment

Thanks
                                      try this...if it doesn't work try post #44
                                      Attached Files

Comment

The second photo is from the board that has the PCH shorted, the bottom sticker says X556UQ-XX453T. Just to clear the confusion. First photo is the working board but it works only with URK bios.
                                        Only thing is that i don’t get it why the 940MX graphic is not working, although recognized in Windows as 940MX and in Bios as 930MX.

Comment

The second photo is from the board that has the PCH shorted, the bottom sticker says X556UQ-XX453T. Just to clear the confusion. First photo is the working board but it works only with URK bios.
                                          Only thing is that i don't get it why the 940MX graphic is not working, although recognized in Windows as 940MX and in Bios as 930MX.
                                          Do you have the original backup? You mentioned in post #54 that you took a backup after fixes the ripped pads, If yes upload it.
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                          all donations are welcome,
                                          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                          >>>>>
                                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                          X