Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bios password remove 850 G3 HP

Oh, I didn't notice it's a 850G3.

This motherboad has WSON8 chip so yes, you would need to unsolder it. But if you have a soic8 clip, it might be a hassle to get it attached properly. You would need to clean it well and remove excess solder on the sides. Try different positions on the clip. Bend the clip pins if you have to.

Another way would be soldering it to an adapterboard, yes. I tend not to mess with it. I either use soic8 clip or wson8 socket for it. But those wson8 sockets are quite expensive. I think 30€ or so.

Comment

WSON8 adapters are cheap on ebay and aliexpress https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WSON8-To-...t/283267201287
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks both!

Is there any possibility of holding pins to the sides of the chip if I made something to hold the pins steady? Or soldering leads to the copper pads? Or is desoldering the only way? I’m pretty sure I already have the board to attach it to for the ch341a if that’s the only way. Desoldering makes me nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by rlp847 View Post
          Thanks both!

Is there any possibility of holding pins to the sides of the chip if I made something to hold the pins steady? Or soldering leads to the copper pads? Or is desoldering the only way? I'm pretty sure I already have the board to attach it to for the ch341a if that's the only way. Desoldering makes me nervous.
          Yes you can solder wires to the copper pads.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Invest in a hot air station, and practice, practice, and more practice. Use flux always, you will find it is actually easier and faster, just have a steady hand and good tweezers. No, the other SMD components won't fly off, they will be held by lead surface tension, but do practice with the air flow knob, go low then higher as you get confidence. I myself always clean and re-tin the pads with lead, makes it easier to solder back. Invest in a digital microscope too, you can actually see when the lead melts, condition of the pads, and the chip settle down when soldered.

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea and Mazorca, have some thinking and planning to do!

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might have happened to the other one that just cleared itself? Is there a way it cleared itself by pins being jumped/shorted while messing with the clips? I literally had been trying for hours and it never read, then one of the times I reassembled and started it up it threw me an error and lo and behold it was unprotected.

Safe to say we set the BIOS password as soon as we get laptops now to avoid situations like this, it’s quite frustrating to have a laptop we can’t deploy simply because the webcam is disabled, which is crucial now that we have everyone work remotely for the most part.
              Last edited by rlp847; 03-27-2021, 08:59 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                WSON8 adapters are cheap on ebay and aliexpress https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WSON8-To-...t/283267201287

Those adapters are cheap, yup. But sadly sockets are not. And sockets are way easier to use.

Comment

https://aliexpress.com/item/1005002036920820.html
                  Probably not very good, but it's cheap.
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Here a working Bios For 850 G3
                    intel i7-6500u
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by foulou0238 View Post
                      hello
                      Here a clean Bios For 840 and 850 also 830 G3 .

Caution !!: You need to flash the two chip on the same time .after you have to Brand After Programme Serial and Sku ...

THE ME IS CLeared You have To Set the Good one marked in your Ticket (Vpro* Non Vpro ..etc)

Good luck
                      working ok ...thanks

Comment

HP Elite Book 850 G3 bios password

hi i have this laptop that is my dump below along with a dump i made with hpunlocker that made my laptop blink without booting. flashing the first dump saved the situation but can anyone help please to unlock my bios??
                        Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elite Book 850 G3 bios password

Try RCUnlocker instead

Comment

thanks for your reply but black screen i hope that someone skilled could find the password for me

Comment

Did you try removing battery and clock battery aswell?

I always desolder/solder G3 when main battery is removed. When it is not removed, it might do some tricks like this.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                Did you try removing battery and clock battery aswell?

I always desolder/solder G3 when main battery is removed. When it is not removed, it might do some tricks like this.
                                Thank you very mush my good sir for sparing some time to help me laptop is working perfectly now i hope you live a good happy life ❤️

Comment

Hi guys I need help unlock hp 840 g3
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-13-2021, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbnote View Post
                                    Hi guys I need help unlock hp 840 g3
                                    Off-topic, find an 840 G3 thread to post in.This thread for 850 G3

Comment

Plaease can you help me with remove password for Hp ElliteBook 850 G3
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mohamed said View Post
                                        Plaease can you help me with remove password for Hp ElliteBook 850 G3
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98539
                                        >
                                        Attached Files
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.​
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you very mush my good sir

Comment

Working...
                                          X