Hello,
    Can anyone help me with a password reset for
    8K1SJC2-6FF1 ?
    thank you
    KM4czHRetWKBp3IE
    or
    2yDcQ9FdUPUraMxz
    ctrl+Enter+Enter
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hi,
      Could someone please help me with removing the admin password from this dump file? The BIOS image got corrupted and I cannot restore it from new image as it requires me to provide admin password and does not show the suffix.
      The service tag is HKDXR72
      Thanks in advance!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gotowiec27 View Post
        Hi,
        Could someone please help me with removing the admin password from this dump file? The BIOS image got corrupted and I cannot restore it from new image as it requires me to provide admin password and does not show the suffix.
        The service tag is HKDXR72
        Thanks in advance!
        Try
        B0tXFVcWZ0mpGWci
        or
        jG0Eq59kkjEG6QW2
        Press ctrl+Enter+Enter

Comment

Originally posted by CammyTier1 View Post

Try
          B0tXFVcWZ0mpGWci
          or
          jG0Eq59kkjEG6QW2
          Press ctrl+Enter+Enter
          Hi, unfortunately neither of those two codes worked

Comment

Now before you send me links to the password generator as I have tried both on https://www.biosbug.com/dell/ and https://beta.bios-pw.org/ as they both spit out the same Result CODE to enter in order to override the password, it does not work with this unit whether it is just hitting enter or CTRL and Enter. Still says wrong password entered.

I did try to flash with other E7470 clean ME files I found on the forums here, but while some got passed POST, it still has the password intact to override.

I'm curious, is the password even on the BIOS chip to begin with? If so could someone work their magic to get rid of it?

The system number is BT97VD2-6FF1. I even tried a different last 4 digit code from the biosbug website to generate a different key and no luck.

Attached is the BIOS dump.
            Last edited by OntarioTL; 12-20-2023, 03:42 PM. Reason: No need to store image anymore

Comment

Thanks for any help that would have come my way. However, I found a BIOS image that worked and bypassed the password. So I guess it was stored in the BIOS after all. Learn something new everyday.

I removed my dump so not to gunk up the forum server with unnecessary files.

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioTL View Post
                Thanks for any help that would have come my way. However, I found a BIOS image that worked and bypassed the password. So I guess it was stored in the BIOS after all. Learn something new everyday.

I removed my dump so not to gunk up the forum server with unnecessary files.
                The codes at bios-pw do work.Theres a bug with the 6FF1 suffix

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...23#post1622423
                3.4. Dell
                Note: The 6FF1 suffix has a bug,use your service tag with the 1F5A or BF97 suffix instead,Example: 1234ABC-BF97 .
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

The codes at bios-pw do work.Theres a bug with the 6FF1 suffix

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...23#post1622423
                  3.4. Dell
                  Note: The 6FF1 suffix has a bug,use your service tag with the 1F5A or BF97 suffix instead,Example: 1234ABC-BF97 .
                  Oh crap! Thanks for the heads up Flea. Of all the suffixes I tried, none that you suggested was attempted. Either way, I got the BIOS file I found on here wiped the pw and also revived another unit that would not post properly.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum and my english is awful.

Who can help me with my dump E7470 bios, unlocked by psw ?

Dell E7470
                    Motherboard model number : AAZ60 LA-C461P Rev : 1.0(A00) 2015-09-25

Thx !!!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by HK1; 12-29-2023, 03:43 AM.

Comment

have a problem with my Dell Latitude 7470 with servicetag and suffix:

HSBZR72-6FF1

Bios-pw.org generates this password for me: iBtf2nnGBBLC0MBz

In the BIOS i choose unlock and enter this password with control+enter and control+enter (twice)
                    It seems accepting this password. But after rebooting the laptop the Admin password is back on it and I again need to choose Unlock.

The passwords generated with the suffixes BF97 and 1F5A do not work at all.

So the initial generated password when choosing the 6FF1 as a suffix is the working password. But it is not saving my changes. Tried BIOS defaults and Factory Defaults already

Comment

• Vesko356
                      Vesko356 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Set your own Admin password, restart and clear the password (type your new password and leave NEW and Confirm New Password fields empty)

Forgot to mention. Setting own admin password after unlock is not working either. Whatever password i choose it says:

"Error setting the password"

I can set the systempassword. But is also gone after reboot.

Comment

• Vesko356
                      Vesko356 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Downgrade the bios to another version (or upgrade) and try again. If the problem persist upload your bios backup here and someone will remove the password for you.

I can't boot from any device. Update bios firmware is also behind admin password.

Comment

• Vesko356
                      Vesko356 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can continue with the downgrade/update by entering the Master password when it prompts, or does not accept the password upon entry?

When entering the BIOS and i enter the generated code with control+enter, i first try to change the Admin password. There it gives me the message "Error setting the password!"
                    If i exit the bios afterwards it reboots the laptop and i get the message: no boot device, press F1 to retry and press F2 to enter setup.

If i enter F12 during boot i get the bootmenu. All options are behind the admin password (except Bios setup and diagnostics). If i choose on of the options wich require the admin password i try to enter the generated password: wrong password message.

Comment

• Vesko356
                      Vesko356 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I meant a normal bios update through Windows, because you didn't mention that it doesn't boot from any media including SSD.
                      There is a way to do it even in such a case, but I don't want to go into more details. The best approach as I said, in this case is to flash the bios since the standard procedure with a master password doesn't work as it should. Upload your bios backup.

Thanks for your tips and advice. It doesn't boot from any device. Including windows. Unfortunately.

Comment

Any more advice?

Comment

• Vesko356
                        Vesko356 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        As I already said upload your bios backup here for unlocking, what do you waiting for?

I dont have this option. Can't boot from anything. Not even the internal drive with Windows installed.

Comment

Hello,
                      could you please generate a master password for Dell Latitude E7470 5LZ7TC2-E7A8?
                      I tried the bios-pw.org generator, but none of the 2 generated password work - Incorrect password entered.
                      Thank you very much!
                      Stefan

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelht View Post
                        Hello,
                        could you please generate a master password for Dell Latitude E7470 5LZ7TC2-E7A8?
                        I tried the bios-pw.org generator, but none of the 2 generated password work - Incorrect password entered.
                        Thank you very much!
                        Stefan
                        Unlock Code 1 [eaR2Jq32FNq46Zb
                        Unlock Code 2 BMErarxZkWZFz697

Note: Must Enter "CTRL+ENTER" button after inserting above unlock code. Must use US Standard Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post

Unlock Code 1 [eaR2Jq32FNq46Zb
                          Unlock Code 2 BMErarxZkWZFz697

Note: Must Enter "CTRL+ENTER" button after inserting above unlock code. Must use US Standard Keyboard
                          Thank you very much! It was my mistake.
                          The codes weren't working with the built in keyboard, probably because the notebook is german.
                          When I plugged in an external US keyboard, I could succesfully unlock the BIOS with the unlock codes provided.
                          Thank you once again for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by Stevelht View Post

Thank you very much! It was my mistake.
                            The codes weren't working with the built in keyboard, probably because the notebook is german.
                            When I plugged in an external US keyboard, I could succesfully unlock the BIOS with the unlock codes provided.
                            Thank you once again for your help!

Comment

Working...
                            X