X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer chromebook R853ta-c5n6

Acer chromebook R853ta-c5n6 model 2021
    Hi,
    A customer bring this chromebook with locked account, i programmed it with mrchromebox.tech method to install linux ubuntu,it worked nice but i got no sound, so i removed the eprom and programmed it with the original bin file..
    the problem is that the chromebook can no longer powers on, i tried to program it again with mrchromebox.tech file, still no power, i checked pins solder hundred times with no success...
    the charge led is green
    if i press esc+refresh+power button, the charge led blinks 2 times with no display no backlight..

Re: Acer chromebook R853ta-c5n6

I noticed also there is no voltages on any pin of the bios.

Comment

Acer chromebook:
      p/n= R853ta-c5n6
      s/n= nxa90eb00b1901c2fe5445

Hi,
      A customer bring this chromebook with locked account, i programmed it with mrchromebox.tech method to install linux ubuntu,it worked nice but i got no sound, so i removed the eprom and programmed it with the original bin file..
      the problem is that the chromebook can no longer powers on, i tried to program it again with mrchromebox.tech file, still no power, i checked pins solder hundred times with no success...
      the charge led is green
      if i press esc+refresh+power button, the charge led blinks 2 times with no display no backlight. the volt at the pin 8 of bios goes to 3.3v when i insert the power supply, and after that all volts goes off at bios pins..
      Can you repair the bios please
      included original bios:
      Attached Files

Comment

bios voltage might come up after pressing the start button.Any voltage without the bios chip ? ,check if its shorted.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

no even without bios, the same, no volts on the pins on the board, 3.3v comes for seconds then nothing else, the chromebook was working normally, only after i erased the bios then reprogrammedit, then no power
          Attached Files
          Last edited by mazloum; 10-26-2023, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mazloum View Post
            no even without bios, the same, no volts on the pins on the board, 3.3v comes for seconds then nothing else, the chromebook was working normally, only after i erased the bios then reprogrammedit, then no power
            Check for a bios protect screw, or one of the screw mounting holes that fastens the motherboard might have a split copper trace,the screw needs to make contact with both sides.Don`t know for sure.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

For this model there is a jumper only as I read.., but it is not shorted
              Attached Files
              Last edited by mazloum; 10-26-2023, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I changed the eeprom with new one with no success

Comment

I changed the eeprom with new one with no success
                  resolder bios chipset if you are sure you read bios properly but 1st redo soldering pads.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                  all donations are welcome,
                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                  >>>>>
                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I have a bios from another same model... I did now reprogram the bios with it, resoldered it with the same problem.... the sexond one works normal after reading its bios and resoldered it... it makes me headache...the strange thing is that it was working normally with ubuntu but without sound

Comment

I have a bios from another same model... I did now reprogram the bios with it, resoldered it with the same problem.... the sexond one works normal after reading its bios and resoldered it... it makes me headache...the strange thing is that it was working normally with ubuntu but without sound
                      you have to clean ME(TXE) if you use bios from another laptop. Analising your "original bios" it has a lot of errors, meaning you didn't read the bios properly, that's why it doesn't start. post the bios dump from 2nd laptop.
                      Last edited by volinakis; 10-26-2023, 03:30 PM.
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                      >>>>>

Comment

I do programmed the bios from mrchromebox, now whenever i press power button, i get 3.3 on pin 1 of the eprom then after 3-4 seconds the voltage drops to 1.8v then 3.3v again...it will make this 3 or 4 times before the voltage vanishes

Comment

I do programmed the bios from mrchromebox, now whenever i press power button, i get 3.3 on pin 1 of the eprom then after 3-4 seconds the voltage drops to 1.8v then 3.3v again...it will make this 3 or 4 times before the voltage vanishes
                          bios chipset has power supply at pin8!!! Are you sure you didn't solder bios chipset upside down?
                          >>>>>

Comment

yes pin 8 also has 3.063v , the bios is well soldered in it proper place with right direction

Comment

yes pin 8 also has 3.063v , the bios is well soldered in it proper place with right direction
                              clean ME from the bios dump you took from other laptop and be consistent with your facts: you said you DON'T have voltages on chipset pins, now you have ...
                              >>>>>

Comment

Working...
                              X