Help with Lenovo P52_20MA BIOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Lenovo P52_20MA BIOS

I've been refurbishing some P52 laptops and performed a BIOS update to which after it was completed, somehow created a POST loop (system configuration change Rebooting). Can't get into BIOS Settings or boot menu. It allows me to select them but just reboots.

I have backed up the BIOS image, and tried some clean ME bios files from here hoping I would get some life back into it. No luck.

I've tried to compare files with HEX editors and yeah it sees many differences but not sure what I am looking for.

Can some wizard help here? If you can fix one file and if it works, maybe I can find what they did to get it going.

I even tried to use the clean ME guide, but Win-RAID site is not working for me right now. However, not even sure it is an ME issue.

If someone can help, that would be awesome! If needed the complete model # and Serial

20MA-S25B1L PF-1L1S8V

Oh yeah, I need to donate to contribute to the forum.
    Attached Files

Re: Help with Lenovo P52_20MA BIOS

Originally posted by OntarioTL View Post
    I've been refurbishing some P52 laptops and performed a BIOS update to which after it was completed, somehow created a POST loop (system configuration change Rebooting). Can't get into BIOS Settings or boot menu. It allows me to select them but just reboots.

I have backed up the BIOS image, and tried some clean ME bios files from here hoping I would get some life back into it. No luck.

I've tried to compare files with HEX editors and yeah it sees many differences but not sure what I am looking for.

Can some wizard help here? If you can fix one file and if it works, maybe I can find what they did to get it going.

I even tried to use the clean ME guide, but Win-RAID site is not working for me right now. However, not even sure it is an ME issue.

If someone can help, that would be awesome! If needed the complete model # and Serial

20MA-S25B1L PF-1L1S8V

Oh yeah, I need to donate to contribute to the forum.
    Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
    all donations are welcome,
    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
    >>>>>
    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
      Here's your New BIOS, try it and let me know.
      Hardware1, you are a wizard!!!

I'm assuming this BIOS you shared was just a clean ME version you had archived without repairing the file I had? Just trying to learn, not just expect someone else to always fix it for me.

If so, it worked that's all that matters. However, I was just curious to know what the hell happened to the original BIOS during the update and what was damaged.

Either way, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by OntarioTL View Post
        Hardware1, you are a wizard!!!

I'm assuming this BIOS you shared was just a clean ME version you had archived without repairing the file I had? Just trying to learn, not just expect someone else to always fix it for me.

If so, it worked that's all that matters. However, I was just curious to know what the hell happened to the original BIOS during the update and what was damaged.

Either way, thank you very much.
        Good to know that, You're Welcome.

No, I have repaired your dump file by replacing the BIOS Region with the one with is provided by Lenovo, inserted your Windows key from the dump file then cleaning the ME Region.
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
        all donations are welcome,
        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
        >>>>>
        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
          Good to know that, You're Welcome.

No, I have repaired your dump file by replacing the BIOS Region with the one with is provided by Lenovo, inserted your Windows key from the dump file then cleaning the ME Region.
          Good to know. The ME region would make sense as I tried the file on another unit that was exact as the first one and it worked on it as well. Feel better for not having to ask for help on the other two units. Replacing the BIOS region is a little higher expertise I don't have yet not to mention the proper software.

However, now that you mentioned what you did, I guess the windows key will carry to the other laptop too, both activated so it wont matter.

Funny thing is both laptops in BIOS report the same internal MAC address which I thought was hardware level and cannot be changed. Strange and learn something new everyday. At least the UUID was different between the two. Both are connected to the same network and no conflicts.

Comment

Hello
            I have an issue with Lenovo P52_20MA it will not post with no video
            The bios is corrupt can it be repaired using Lenovo bios update
            Any help will be appreciated
            Thanks

model 20ma s1mb00
            s/n pf 1dtnem

original bios

Attached Files

Comment

Working...