Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface PRO X 1876

Hi,
    got Pro X from ebay. I'm looking for suggestion to resolve the problem.
    There is problem with Administrator password. I cannot boot from USB at all. Not boot with Key "+ volume" and Power.
    Always jump to the password screen.
    Also please check picture with detail , looks like Harddrive icon. What that icon mean?
    UEFI has limited view and options. And if I try to "install from USB" I will get error message "Refresh settings request failed" and *.dfi file not found.

I can open screen and download BIOS from flash , just waiting for new programmer, my old one doesn't support flash in Surface.

Any suggestions? Maybe SSD is bad? And if I will get the BIOS is it possible to remove that password? Or find what it is?

Thank you very much
    Attached Files

Re: Surface PRO X 1876

Originally posted by Cerberuska View Post
    Hi,
    got Pro X from ebay. I'm looking for suggestion to resolve the problem.
    There is problem with Administrator password. I cannot boot from USB at all. Not boot with Key "+ volume" and Power.
    Always jump to the password screen.
    Also please check picture with detail , looks like Harddrive icon. What that icon mean?
    UEFI has limited view and options. And if I try to "install from USB" I will get error message "Refresh settings request failed" and *.dfi file not found.

I can open screen and download BIOS from flash , just waiting for new programmer, my old one doesn't support flash in Surface.

Any suggestions? Maybe SSD is bad? And if I will get the BIOS is it possible to remove that password? Or find what it is?

Thank you very much
    post the original bios of the laptop here..
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
      post the original bios of the laptop here..
      Hi,
      I will but first I have to get the programmer, my old one doesn't support new flash. Once I received it, I will post it

Comment

Hello Guys,
        I'm screwed. Never had in my long time experience working with smt problem what happed. The BIOS chip MX25U1635E (2MB) was so badly cemented to MB, that I broke it while removing. So stupid of me, I should realize that there is problem to remove it and I should just dump it directly while on pcb. I did other one W25Q256JW this one is 32 MBytes and it was success. Everyone makes mistakes.
        I'm looking for good samaritan or suggestion where to get the dump from MX25U1635E (2MB or 16Mbits).
        Is it possible to extract it from recovery full update, I downloaded this before it happen based on Serial Number.
        Or someone can supply it , I have my Serial number. It is BIOS for Surface PRO X with LTE and 512MB SSD, 8MB RAM.
        Please help...

Comment

here is the UEFI dump from. Is it possible to remove System Admin password from it? Still looking for the smaller dump for MX25U1635E. Looks like firmware for SAM LPC 54, see picture. Any help or suggestion please. Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Try
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gizmobogosse View Post
              Try
              Thank you very much, I owe you a lot

Comment

Is anyone else have this file for EC-SAM LPC 54? With one from gizmobogosse charging won't work... just checking. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X