Asus FX506LH Power on with black screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus FX506LH Power on with black screen

Hi everyone! Asus FX506LH turns on with leds on and charges the battery correctly 1.05v 1.2v 1.8v 3.3v and 5v lines are correct but with a black screen.
    Voltages and resistances to ground as follows:

VCC_Core 0.V 1.8 Ω
    VCC_GFX 0.v 5.5 Ω
    VCCSA 1.05v 17.5 Ω
    NVVDD 0.8v 0.7 Ω
    VCCIO 0.025v 2.7 Ω

VCCIO should be 0.95v according to the schematic on the board. VCC_GFX 0v could be due to the GTX1650 being integrated into the motherboard. I don't understand that VCC_CORE is 0v. Any ideas. Thank you

Re: Asus FX506LH Power on with black screen

I have found that VR_SVID_DATA (SDA)=1.03v, VR_SVID_ALERT# (ALERT#)= 0.1v and VR_SVID_CLK (SCLK)=1.03v

Comment

Appears to be normal for the SMBUS voltages.
      Attached Files

Comment

Oversimplified and normally ALERT# means no communication between the CPU and the VRM Controller (CPU not requesting voltage). Usually it's a bad CPU.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          Oversimplified and normally ALERT# means no communication between the CPU and the VRM Controller (CPU not requesting voltage). Usually it's a bad CPU.
          Thanks for your answer.

Is it compatible with ALL_SYS_PWRGD=3.3v and if VCCIO=0.025v (nominal 0.95v)?
          also PCH-PWROK=3.3v and SYSPWROK=3.3v
          Thanks

Comment

You should have vccio before vcore...

Comment

Indeed. I'd double-check the value first. Maybe just a wrong measurements and if confirmed then maybe worth to troubleshoot from there.
              FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                Indeed. I'd double-check the value first. Maybe just a wrong measurements and if confirmed then maybe worth to troubleshoot from there.
                All the measurements that I have published have been carried out several times, I see inconsistencies in them that I cannot understand, perhaps due to lack of knowledge and for this reason I appreciate the answers.
                There is one possibility and that is that the computer was working for a year in an atmosphere with high humidity from the sea and suspended dust (Calima) in the Canary Islands, when it failed it was working near the sea. The first thing I did was clean the motherboard with Isopropyl since I saw rust on some components.
                Could it be that there were false measurements due to leakage voltage on the motherboard that distorted the analysis?. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X